Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #71
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
"With all due respect", you misspelled it back in oct. 2008 just to aggravate me, and I probally did that on por...purrp... intentionally.... and I just like spelling neener :augustuscaesar:

<youtube link removed because I hate Will Farrell>
I didn't misspell sh!t back in October of 2008. Skooter (with a 'k') is my rightfully given nickname from when I was a freshman in high school. I am NOT a mode of transportation for the elderly or obese

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Or when the incorrect spelling looks better than the right way!
You have no idea how many times I've stared at the word banana...

...or bubbles...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #72
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post

...or bubbles...

Whether.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:47 PM   #73
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBreezie View Post
So I should say: "I care less" instead of "I can care less"?
If you don't care at all... you "could NOT care less".
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #74
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
"I couldn't care less"

That is the statement that means that there is no way one could even be remotely convinced to give a flying @#$!....

It's number four on this rather entertaining list:
http://thoughtcatalog.com/nico-lang/...g-incorrectly/

Some good ones hear as well:
http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/st...e/mispron.html

EDIT: *here* LMFAO!
1st: Type post
2nd: Click "Preview Post" and look for errors (make appropriate corrections)
3rd: Click "Submit Reply"

3rd:
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM   #75
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I hate it when autocorrect changes the word to something different because the word I used isn't in their database. I had to even add the word Camaro myself because it kept changing it to Camera.
Old 05-20-2014, 02:59 PM   #76
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
OK two pet peeves, sorry.
1. Cars stop with brakes, not breaks. This is an automotive forum, you'd think they'd know that.
I busted someone on this about a week ago.

Quote:
2. "I seen." What ever happened to the past tense verb "saw? " It is either "I saw" or "I have seen." Unfortunately anymore I almost never see, or hear, people use the proper word "saw" anymore.
This is more of a regional thing, frequently heard from people from the northeastern US. Doesn't make it right, but a bit more tolerable. Similar to "youse guys" - I would compare it to telling my fellow Georgians that "y'all" isn't correct speech. Not worth the effort.

Quote:
With that said the fact is there are, and will always be people who either lack the skills or just aren't concerned. So the way I see it being the Grammar Police, or a Grammar Nazi is just pissin' in the wind. But hey, if it makes you happy...
I feel it is worth the effort.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #77
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I was born in the late 1950's, grew up in the 60's and 70's and my parents (neither of which were college graduates) always discouraged me from using incorrect grammar (such as the word "ain't"), profanity and always told me to look up the meaning of words in the dictionary. My elementary school and jr. high school teachers also corrected us when we used incorrect grammar, spelling and punctuation and our written work and oral presentations were graded accordingly.
Same here, though I was born in the early 50s. My Dad (RIP) loved the nuances of the English language and used words I had never heard before. "What's that mean?" was always answered with "Go look it up". Although he did have a college degree, he was always looking to improve his level of knowledge. He often would sit quietly in our living room, reading random selections from the Encyclopedia Britannica.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #78
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
I was born in the late 1950's, grew up in the 60's and 70's and my parents (neither of which were college graduates) always discouraged me from using incorrect grammar (such as the word "ain't"), profanity and always told me to look up the meaning of words in the dictionary. My elementary school and jr. high school teachers also corrected us when we used incorrect grammar, spelling and punctuation and our written work and oral presentations were graded accordingly.
Same here, though I was born in the early 50s. My Dad (RIP) loved the nuances of the English language and often used words I had never heard before. "What's that mean?" was always answered with "Go look it up". Although he did have a college degree, he was always looking to improve his level of knowledge. He often would sit quietly in our living room, reading random selections from the Encyclopedia Britannica.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:14 PM   #79
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I didn't misspell sh!t back in October of 2008.

edited for brevity, (sKooter tends to get loquacious at times)

...or bubbles...

Well you sure did just screw up the work sh!t

Ever notice, the more you see it, the worse it gets?

bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana

~or~

purposepurposepurposepurposepurposepurpose <-my achilles heel

:passthecornbread:
Old 05-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #80
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
You are all welcome. I posted one of these videos awhile back the last time I caught myself spending time rolling my eyes at how people spend their free time.

20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #81
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I busted someone on this about a week ago.

This is more of a regional thing, frequently heard from people from the northeastern US. Doesn't make it right, but a bit more tolerable. Similar to "youse guys" - I would compare it to telling my fellow Georgians that "y'all" isn't correct speech. Not worth the effort.

I feel it is worth the effort.
Ummmm,,,,,,,,,,, OK! Like I said whatever makes you happy. You "busted" someone for it. Good for you. An internet pat on the back to you. Those may bug me, but that's my problem. I don't expect people to suddenly change or alter there lives because one little thing bugs ME. Therefore I don't feel the need to correct them, seems a little arrogant IMO.

If you consider "busting" and correcting EVERY single thing like that in EVERY post in EVERY thread maybe you'll better understand my "pissin' in the wind" comment. Do you really think that all of these people will suddenly acquire the determination to change their ways after all their lives and become spelling and grammar experts just because YOU called them out? "Well I've always had poor grammar, but PalmerGA called me out so I've got to study up." Ever heard the saying "Don't sweat the small stuff?
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #82
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
IRREGARDLESS
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #83
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
There, their, they're