Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-08-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Another Car to Share Same Alpha Platform? Buick Grand National and GNX for 2017?

As a proud new owner of a Camaro, I am thrilled with my buy. It was the tales of the 1980's Buick Grand Nationals via the short film "Black Air" and "Tom's Turbo Garage" restoration project that re-awoke my fun car mind after it was dormant.

That said, rumors are getting louder that Buick WILL indeed build the Grand National and then the GNX using the same Alpha platform as the C6 Camaro. Seems there is going to be some wild competition to make models stand above the rest. This could get very interesting!

Link here:
http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/buick...#ixzz341Jfqm1a
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #2
Cam2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well if that happens things could be very interesting. I would love to see the Grand national return, so long as they do justice to it.
Cam2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Buick definitely needs some interesting Alpha-based cars. Its lineup is incredibly dull. The current Regal, with its recent updates, is the best of the lot, but come on, not a single coupe in the Buick stable? They've shamefully neglected the brand's heritage.

It would be fun to see an Alpha-based Buick coupe slotted (in terms of starting MSRP) between the Camaro and the ATS coupe.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #4
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
It would be fun to see an Alpha-based Buick coupe slotted (in terms of starting MSRP) between the Camaro and the ATS coupe.
Agree. Something like this...

Camaro 2LT MSRP $30,050
Regal Sedan 2.0T MSRP $30,615
*Buick Coupe MSRP $33,000
ATS Sedan 2.0T MSRP $36,020
ATS Coupe MSRP $38,990

I just wonder how eager GM is to bring a RWD platform to Buick considering Cadillac and now Chevy offer RWD sedans. Granted Chevy is quite limited in this regard but soon all Cadillac's will be RWD with optional AWD.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote