Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #29
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
How many sold? How many in US vrs Europe? How many middle class kids had the poster on wall?

We don't even know if they will manufacture for sale a single one of this new version. It's a niche car for a niche market. Not even sure many Americans remember the LeMans and other gt exploits, Europeans maybe. Even ferarri and lambo have cars you can drive on street and actually park without opening the doors now.

#wherestheviper?

1) Of the 4,500 GTs originally planned, approximately 100 were to be exported to Europe, starting in late 2005. An additional 200 were destined for sale in Canada. Production ended in 2006 without reaching the planned lot. Approximately 550 were built in 2004, nearly 1,900 in 2005, and just over 1,600 in 2006, for a grand total of 4,038. The final 11 car bodies manufactured by Mayflower Vehicle Systems were disassembled, and the frames and body panels were sold as service parts.

2) Ford has to homogate the GT for racing in LeMans.so what ever the requirement for public sales are they will make at least that many.

3) To think this car will not be built with the thought of adding "street car" amenities would be just odd. A few seconds of searching lead me to this;
Sales aids (for example, the inclusion of luxury trim features, such as leather surfaces, audio systems, anti-theft systems) even where such accommodations are made, are generally barely within the limits of government requirements for sale to consumers, to minimize reduction in performance. Such accommodations are often reversible, so that production vehicles can be modified to racing trim. A common example of this process is the exhaust system, often modified in the production vehicle to meet legal requirements in the jurisdictions where the vehicle is sold. Since most production-based racing series allow some level of modification, including the removal of exhaust systems that reduce emissions at the cost of engine performance, vehicles that were produced and sold primarily to meet the homologation guidelines of a particular series are often designed for easy modification of such components.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:54 PM   #30
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Not sure how this thread got changed about GM keeping info locked down on the Camaro into a discussion about the Ford GT.
Because.....

Racecar
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #31
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Because.....

Racecar
This.

The internet works in mysterious ways.
Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #32
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontall View Post
Your Z06 is just gorgeous.
I haven't bought it yet...later this year, it's on my to do list.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #33
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
the GT is by far the most secretive car I have ever seen released. we didn't even know they were building one and BAM a running, driving prototype. bravo to Ford on that one.

the Camaro, all we've gotten is spy shots that we can speculate from. but theyre doing an awesome job keeping it quiet.

Nobody would've notice it if they saw it and would've just threw it off as some exotic car! No one is looking for it or was checking for it! The Camaro has the world watching and looking for it just like the mustang but more! So it's harder to keep a car that ppl are expecting and on the look out for than a car that ppl are not!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
...The Camaro has the world watching and looking for it just like the mustang but more! !
I love Camaros...and I'll take one over a Mustang any day, but even I have to admit that I believe the new gen Mustang had more, if not MUCH more fan buzz and media buzz behind it in anticipation of its release than this next gen Camaro will get.

It made news headlines, morning news shows, and other media events. I doubt you'll see that kind of thing for the new Camaro. Mustang is the original pony car, and honestly while I would hate to admit it, gets more attention from the masses that generally wouldn't care less about these cars.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:57 PM   #35
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I love Camaros...and I'll take one over a Mustang any day, but even I have to admit that I believe the new gen Mustang had more, if not MUCH more fan buzz and media buzz behind it in anticipation of its release than this next gen Camaro will get.

It made news headlines, morning news shows, and other media events. I doubt you'll see that kind of thing for the new Camaro. Mustang is the original pony car, and honestly while I would hate to admit it, gets more attention from the masses that generally wouldn't care less about these cars.

Well, the 6th Gen most likely won't get as much hype because GM isn't all over the world with it and broadcasting it! But no the 15 mustang had as much hype as the 5th Gen did and still do just look at all the magazines with the 5th Gen on the cover! It's definitely hard to get hype about something when it's showing is getting delayed alot after awhile of that you just don't care! Or you expect so much than that it is a let down because your expectations than got higher, just cause of all the secrecy!
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 AM   #36
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Again, guys, the GT is a show car. Not even in testing yet. And if it is in early chassis development phases, they are probably driving it around under the skin of the old car (that is a MULE). And at that point there are very few people engaged in working on it.

Camaro is at least a year ahead of the GT in development so there are many more engineers working on it, more suppliers engaged, and soon the dealers will be getting trained. Annnnnnnnd PROTOTYPES driving around on public roads.

I can about assure you there are probably 2017 GTs driving around. And I can assure you a guy with a Camera in his hand might go, "wow, you don't see those often. Cool" and think nothing about what they just saw.

Absolutely expect the GT to be as secretive as the Mid Engine Corvette driving around and even that has a MULE spy shot. So look for that car to launch at the same time if not sooner.

Last edited by Number 3; 01-24-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #37
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=Number 3;8190106]Again, guys, the GT is a show car. Not even in testing yet. And if it is in early chassis development phases, they are probably driving it around under the skin of the old car (that is a MULE). And at that point there are very few people engaged in working on it.

Camaro is at least a year ahead of the GT in development so there are many more engineers working on it, more suppliers engaged, and soon the dealers will be getting trained. Annnnnnnnd PROTOTYPES driving around on public roads.

I can about assure you there are probably 2017 GTs driving around. And I can assure you a guy with a Camera in his hand might go, "wow, you don't see those often. Cool" and think nothing about what they just saw.

True! That's what I was saying!