Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #71
RobC
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvettes, G37x sedan, 383ci F-body
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
Is that with or without AWD?
Are you really that stupid, or are you just trolling me ???

Regardless, if you actually read my post before trolling me, you would have had your answer. I reposted it below in quotes, just to answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobC View Post
Although I want AWD and DCT, you can't beat a Camaro SS for a daily beater for the 1SS pricetag.
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #72
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Agreed.
It really pisses me off that GM didn't launch the Holden Commodore as a SS Sedan in 2008 and did not sell it continuously from 2008-2016 in the USA.
Someone at GMI went digging a few years back and apparently there's some super obscure federal law that prevents automakers from killing off a vehicle line and resurrecting it for sale under a different brand. How true that is, I'm not sure. But it explains why the VE car never made it back to the US and GM had to wait for the VF, and why the Saturn Vue was brought back as the Captiva Sport and sold only to fleet customers.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:35 PM   #73
RobC
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvettes, G37x sedan, 383ci F-body
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Someone at GMI went digging a few years back and apparently there's some super obscure federal law that prevents automakers from killing off a vehicle line and resurrecting it for sale under a different brand. How true that is, I'm not sure. But it explains why the VE car never made it back to the US and GM had to wait for the VF, and why the Saturn Vue was brought back as the Captiva Sport and sold only to fleet customers.
That may be so.
That is why I said GM was foolish for not launching the Holden Commodore as a SS Sedan in 2008 and sold it continuously from 2008-2016 with a stickshift.
If they had, I would have bought one in 2009 and it would have been my daily driver ever since. I'd probably have a forged 418ci with a Cenrti blower in mine by now as well.

The G8/SS Sedan was such a wasted opportunity and example of complete stupidity by GM.
Even the recent launch of the SS Sedan is a joke. $47k for a CAMARO SS SEDAN? Give me a BREAK!
If they needed a high MSRP to justify the sale of the Holden Commodore in the USA for 2014+, they should have just offered the SS Sedan in "ZL1 only" trim with the same options/equipment/drivetrain/invoice price as the ZL1 Camaro.

I am hopeful that they will at least get the 2016 Camaro SS right.
Even though, the anticipated lack of both AWD and DCT as OPTIONS for the 6th Gen Camaro and Cadillac V cars is still a major disappointment and failure.
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 PM   #74
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
I am hopeful that they will at least get the 2016 Camaro SS right.
Even though, the anticipated lack of both AWD and DCT as OPTIONS for the 6th Gen Camaro and Cadillac V cars is still a major disappointment and failure.
...what????? Sorry sir, but with that sentence, saying lack of DCT and AWD as options is a failure pretty much wipes away much of your credibility.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #75
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Chevy SS is not overpriced. The car is loaded with features that aren't even available on a 2SS Camaro.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:12 PM   #76
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Chevy SS is not overpriced. The car is loaded with features that aren't even available on a 2SS Camaro.
Especially for a car imported from half a world away.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #77
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
True
Old 01-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #78
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
...what????? Sorry sir, but with that sentence, saying lack of DCT and AWD as options is a failure pretty much wipes away much of your credibility.
Yeah, in my world and many others AWD and DCT would be a failure. The AWD would move the weight up even more than it already is plus add cost. Neither would be good for me. Using a super sticky tire for performance driving negates any off the line traction advantage that AWD would of had. DCT would have been a mistake as well. A modified LT1 would have to much torque for any DCT. Well at least any DCT that would come in a $36k car. So to have DCT we would have to settle for a weaker trans or a car that cost more. Neither would be good for me. Na, give me RWD and a super strong trans with great torque multiplication, shift recovery and shift speed aka 8L90E. DCT and AWD is for cars that either are a.) expensive or b.) Not very powerful. They are not for pony\muscle cars. Hell even the sports car Corvette passed on a DCT trans. GM said it would never hold the power over the course of a warranty. There are modified M3 cars with major DCT problems that don't produce the torque of stock 6.2 LT1.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #79
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
True
Then what about the Prowler? It was a Plymouth, then the brand shut down and the car became a Chrysler the very next model year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #80
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Then what about the Prowler? It was a Plymouth, then the brand shut down and the car became a Chrysler the very next model year.
Because you didn't SHUT DOWN many if any Plymouth Dealers. Were there Stand Alone Plymouth dealers that weren't selling Chrysler or Dodge already?

The issue is you can't shut down a franchise brand and then just start selling the cars in another franchise. It may not be illegal, but you would get your BUTT SUED OFF.

The other issue is it is very expensive to shut down a franchise. GM spent big money to shut down Oldsmobile, buying out many dealers.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:59 PM   #81
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Because you didn't SHUT DOWN many if any Plymouth Dealers. Were there Stand Alone Plymouth dealers that weren't selling Chrysler or Dodge already?

The issue is you can't shut down a franchise brand and then just start selling the cars in another franchise. It may not be illegal, but you would get your BUTT SUED OFF.

The other issue is it is very expensive to shut down a franchise. GM spent big money to shut down Oldsmobile, buying out many dealers.
I think I get it.

If GM were to continue selling the G8, it would have to be through dealers that were already selling it (ie, Buick/GMC lots) instead of through Chevy dealerships (which were rarely paired with Pontiac).
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:22 PM   #82
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think I get it.

If GM were to continue selling the G8, it would have to be through dealers that were already selling it (ie, Buick/GMC lots) instead of through Chevy dealerships (which were rarely paired with Pontiac).
From what I remember, you can't just rebadge the car. You could do a next gen version which is how I think they did the Saturn VUE to the Chevy Captiva.

I just remember it was pretty sticky to shut down a dealership.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:16 PM   #83
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I think the VUE to Captiva workaround was restricting sales to fleet only. GM was originally going to rebadge it as a Buick but put in a PHEV powertrain which would've been the loophole.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:15 PM   #84
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
I think the VUE to Captiva workaround was restricting sales to fleet only. GM was originally going to rebadge it as a Buick but put in a PHEV powertrain which would've been the loophole.
Thee was more to it than that.