Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
Black-Out

Drives: himself insane
XM pricing in CANADA

I tried to search this already... but "XM" is too short of a phrase to search!

I get the feeling we're getting REALLY, REALLY (!) hosed on pricing for SiriusXM up here. I just got a renewal email from them, and it's going to be $175.89 for the year. Yes, one year. F' that!

Last couple years, I've called in, spent upwards of an hour on the phone with them, going through various levels of customer "support" people. What a joke. Best I've been able to get them down to was $100 for the year. I have two cars, both have XM in them. They don't care.

I think this might be the year to say screw you XM.

Anyone else have better luck? Who did you talk to? Details!
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Black-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Tyler360

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Damn, I only pay $20 for 6 months... I put my car in storage for the winter so I always cancel mine. I always get some sort of special offer to reactivate my radio by spring lol
Old 05-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Krajkerjac

Drives: 2011 SS
I just received an email from XM stating $149 special pricing for 12 months. I have a lifetime subscription back when they came out. Never have to worry about current pricing again.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
Black-Out

Anyone else in Canada have anything to add?

I can't get over how many people down south say they're getting it as low as 20-40$ /year.

It's all one company. What... we get charged more due to the signal having to travel further?!?!
With all the drop outs etc, and the price gouging.... Grrrrr....
{sold} -- 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS - Black on Black. Kooks catted LT's, CAI, Accell 9070c ceramic wires, Barton shifter, custom catback w/Dynomax VT's, quad tips, Pfadt springs/sway bars/trailing arms, Diablosport tuner {Lew tune}, 3.91 gear's, Energy cradle bushings.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
SSMY1LE

Drives: '14 1LE RS NPP Recaro
I hardly use it, the sound quality is very poor from their new weaker signal. With the USB port I bought a 32 gig thumb drive and have thousands of songs at a great sound for about $15.
I still have it I'm one of my other cars but that's because they forgot to charge me last July at the renewal date.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #6
Guelphguy

Drives: 2013 - 2SS Vert
Does the "traffic" function of our NAV not depend on XM to receive the traffic updates? I see on my config screen it says XM traffic is active but driving the 401 around Toronto/Gardiner and running into traffic, I have yet to see my Nav warn me of anything?
Guelphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
Black-Out

Yeah the performance is really spotty depending on where you are. There's one spot on my drive home that I know when I stop, the signal will drop 100% of the time. Move 10 ft and it's back! Crazy.

I broke down though... And ended up coughing up $103 for the year, taxes in.

Need my Ozzys boneyard fix on the way to work!