#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 04-30-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Argument with ford people!

Am I the only one who gets into the mustang/camaro argument with ford guys and for some reason, which irritates me the most, they always try to bring up the bail out. It seems to me they always get angry when I inform them that ford took a "loan" before gm and the others were bailed out keeping their doors open. Also the fact the the other auto makers, with the exception of ford obviously, have repaid what was agreed upon. Maybe they're angry with the look of the new mustang I would be.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
Just like a sports team, everyone will have their preference. I have no problems with Ford guys, I am a hardcore Chevy guy, and know that I like my Camaro better than any Mustang. I did a bit of "spirited" driving with a 5.0 a few days ago, and he gave me the thumbs up afterward, and same with me. I think that we all have nice cars, and should be grateful to have that chance, wether it be a Chevy or a Ford, as some do not ahve this oppertunity.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:33 AM   #3
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Ha, head over to challengertalk.com if you really want to see some Camaro hating.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:34 AM   #4
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
It's not just the ford people, or gm people, or the dodge people, or the honda people etc etc. its the blind brand loyal fanboys I have a problem with. The ones who no matter what swear that their brand is better than the competition. the ones who swear they will never own a different brand then the one they currently own. The people who believe their preferred brand was touched by the hand of god are the ones I have a problem with.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #5
alexbarabas

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS
Mopar is owned by Fiat. All I need today to shut them up :-D
alexbarabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
It's not just the ford people, or gm people, or the dodge people, or the honda people etc etc. its the blind brand loyal fanboys I have a problem with. The ones who no matter what swear that their brand is better than the competition. the ones who swear they will never own a different brand then the one they currently own. The people who believe their preferred brand was touched by the hand of god are the ones I have a problem with.
That's a great way of explaining it.
There is a huge difference between being a car guy and a fanboy.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarabas View Post
Mopar is owned by Fiat. All I need today to shut them up :-D
Even worse... The second generation Challenger went by the name "Mitsubishi Gallant". Look it up. When you see the Gallant's underbite it'll all make sense.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
McRat

Drives: 2010 ZR1 "Satan"
My father used to drive a Ford.

Then he got a job.
2010 ZR1 "Satan" no times yet.
2013 Volt SCCA Solo2 #771 HS3.
And a bunch of Duramaxes.
McRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #9
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I get what your saying mainly like Prius or hybrid owners I see more smugness from them than anyone else. Me I'm a Chevy guy family built race cars chevy engines always drove Chevys ect. I've owned a bit of everything ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi I'm just more comfortable with chevy. It's always the guys that get mad when a little crap talk is exchanged they get super butt hurt and talk the most s*#t.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Everyone has something they buy they think is better than all the others. I just prefer Chevys, always have. But I have owned other brands, but always came back to Chevy.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #11
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
That's a great way of explaining it.
There is a huge difference between being a car guy and a fanboy.
Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
I get what your saying mainly like Prius or hybrid owners I see more smugness from them than anyone else. Me I'm a Chevy guy family built race cars chevy engines always drove Chevys ect. I've owned a bit of everything ford, Mazda, Mitsubishi I'm just more comfortable with chevy. It's always the guys that get mad when a little crap talk is exchanged they get super butt hurt and talk the most s*#t.
I used to be a total GM fanboy. I grew up around GMs thats all my family ever owned.(which was bc at that time GM offerings were better than Ford's) Chevys, Caddys, and Olds. So naturally I thought GM to be superior to everything, would argue to the death with people that everything GM had was superior in some light, then when I got my drivers license and GM had nothing that excited me I opened up and got a Mustang.

Now I appreciate all makes and models. Do I have a preference for Ford right now, you bet I do, that is simply because 1, I have a great relationship with my Ford salesmen, and 2 at this moment I personally like Ford's lineup best. I have said many time on this site, when it comes down to my next vehicle one of the first things on my short list is a GMC Canyon. I will get whatever brand fits my needs best.

Like I said its the people who say GM or nothing else or Ford or nothing else I have the biggest problem with.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #12
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
It's not worth losing friends or insulting people because of what they drive or what kind of cars they like. Heated discussions about cars AND politics are even worse.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
FYI, Ford borrowed money against their Blue Oval logo, thats where their loan came from and they didnt borrow no where near what GM did, in fact GM borrowed $52 billion dollars, thats over $300,000 for ever man, woman and child in the USA. GM has yet to repay all of the money and refuses to repay $10 billion, so thats nothing to be proud of. Ford repaid their loan and not to the govt but to banks and owns their Blue Oval again which was done about 7 years ago.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #14
EmeryZ28

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I usually do not. I agree Camaro is better and take Chevy over Ford but here is my big thing.

It is not the 70's anymore. GM/Ford/Mopar need to stop battling. I like to band together with my fellow muscle car enthusiasts, drivers of large american trucks and those who have a passion for the big three and hate on the damn asian imports. I can let the europeans slide, I enjoy some of their cars, but its time for the Camaro and the Mustang to stand side by side and blow tire smoke at idiot 22 year olds blasting Pitbull from their god awful Hyundai Genesis'