Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #29
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Just get the SS, when you get the LT you'll wish you had the SS, cut the middle man and get the SS
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #30
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
You want smooth don't get an RS the 20's take the smooth away.
I do not agree. I have no issues with my RS. Very smooth and good handling. I like the twin turbo idea but not sure if it's better twin turbo-ed or supercharged

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #31
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
Neither car will give you a "smooth" ride, that isn't what these cars are about. The ride firm, and anything but a smooth road, you will feel it. As someone else said, the smoothest would probably be one with the 18 inch wheels.

BUT, if you drive one, I bet you will love it, the ride, the accelleration, and probably everything about it.

Go drive one.

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Feel is so subjective that what feels good to one person may feel too harsh or too sloppy to another.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #33
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i have a 2 LT but i test drove a 2SS manaual. my LT is auto. frankly , i couldnt tell the difference in the ride per se. i have 19 inch wheels on 2LT, the SS had 20's of course. you obviously notice the acceleration in SS, but to me, both rides were stiff, they are sports cars, not Lincoln Town Cars. good luck!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I'm not sure what kind of smooth ride you're looking for but it's not a LS450. And not to be a troll but while the Camaro is more fun to drive, my GT has a smoother ride.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #35
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
Tire size impacts the ride the most I would expect between the LS/LT's and SS's. The 18" and 19" wheels will have more of a sidewall and generally will give a slightly smoother ride. The LT/RS has the same 20" wheels/tires as the SS so ride difference will be less between the two.

The SS will have a bit more weight which can give a slightly more solid feel to it that will be open to personal tastes as to whether it gives a smoother ride or not. The 1LE performance suspension will definitely give a different feel, and likely for most will be considered "less smooth", though once again personal preference for the stiffer suspension can equal comfort for some looking for sports ride.

As mentioned earlier ... test drive each and decide for yourself which feels the best for ya.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldag View Post
If you drive the SS, you will never be satisfied with the LT. Be warned.
Exactly.....
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:07 AM   #37
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_warrior View Post
I started off with a 12' 1LT and traded to a 12' 1SS. The LT was a smoother ride but a softer suspension that you could feel in turns ( a little bit sloppier or loose) The SS has a stiffer suspension and it is a little bit bumpier/bouncier ride but take it into the turns and it holds the road much better and is a tighter ride. Just go and test drive both and see/feel for your self.
+1

I had a 1LT for 7 mths before trading it in on my 1SS/RS. The SS hands down is a much better choice overall. Its a lot more fun to drive, the handling is simply amazing especially if you add a sway bar. You dont feel the SS's potential tho until you do some mods like exhaust, CAI and a tune its like a different car. If youre looking for "smooth" neither offer a smooth ride. I alternate between a 2008 Charger R/T and a 2013 Cruze as my daily driver and both ride 10xs smoother then my SS. Gas sux in the v8 if its a daily driver but its soooooo much fun to drive, its worth it. GL in your decision.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #38
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I have the 2 LT and I love my car, but there always that itch for more power. Get the SS. Also the first thing people will ask you is that a V6 or V8? You feel better when you can say V8.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #39
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
The whole thing about the V6 being better on gas is ridiculous to say the least in a Camaro, it's not like your saving $20-$30 a tank, if you were, then I could see it playing a factor on what model to buy.

But here's the big thing, most of us play hard in these cars from time to time, so how much gas are you "REALLY" saving compared to the V8? I bet not as much as you think..

If your buying a car to save on gas, then you are buying the wrong car with the Camaro...

If your wanting a Camaro, then buy the one that fits what you can afford, and that fits you, and drive the crap out of it, and enjoy...

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
This thread is about ride quality not HP or Gas mileage, no need to start that crap.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #41
Shift_Rejected
2010 2SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS (L99)
IF you are in the car for performance, the clock starts from when you buy a V6 until you upgrade to the V8... it's an itch everyone gets and many of us have scratched. It doesn't help that some folks rag on the V6.. I only say this because if you are considering a SS, get it, rather then losing money down the road on a trade.(most folks told me and I never listened)

That said, if you trying to make a show car or just want the Camaro look for a build base, the 6 is def a viable option with some pep too.

IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
+1

I had a 1LT for 7 mths before trading it in on my 1SS/RS. The SS hands down is a much better choice overall. Its a lot more fun to drive, the handling is simply amazing especially if you add a sway bar. You dont feel the SS's potential tho until you do some mods like exhaust, CAI and a tune its like a different car. If youre looking for "smooth" neither offer a smooth ride. I alternate between a 2008 Charger R/T and a 2013 Cruze as my daily driver and both ride 10xs smoother then my SS. Gas sux in the v8 if its a daily driver but its soooooo much fun to drive, its worth it. GL in your decision.
Shift_Rejected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #42
Agent orange
socal ht5

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
SS of course. Bigger engine and bigger brakes.