Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-22-2012, 05:09 AM   #71
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega View Post
Whats the source on these pics? Cause honestly im not buyin it. No offense to anyone here or the poster, but this is waayy different from the previous pics of the 1LE we got straight from GM. Theres no diffuser, no hash marks, no side skirts, the rear view mirrors are body colored instead of flat black, the tires are much smaller. To me this smells like a big ole scam-ola. Just my opinion on this, not saying its a set in stone fact, but in my opinion i think this is a clone. I think someone went out, bought an SS, heard of this 1LE package, did their hood and spoiler in flat black, put ZL1 rims and exhaust tips on it, re-used his old SS tires (why the tires are wrong), and posted some pics online that Camaro fans bought into. Theres just way too much missing from this car to make me believe its a real 1LE

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #72
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Whats the source on these pics? Cause honestly im not buyin it. No offense to anyone here or the poster, but this is waayy different from the previous pics of the 1LE we got straight from GM. Theres no diffuser, no hash marks, no side skirts, the rear view mirrors are body colored instead of flat black, the tires are much smaller. To me this smells like a big ole scam-ola. Just my opinion on this, not saying its a set in stone fact, but in my opinion i think this is a clone. I think someone went out, bought an SS, heard of this 1LE package, did their hood and spoiler in flat black, put ZL1 rims and exhaust tips on it, re-used his old SS tires (why the tires are wrong), and posted some pics online that Camaro fans bought into. Theres just way too much missing from this car to make me believe its a real 1LE

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #73
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Right, glad I didnt wait on getting a Camaro for this, take away the hash marks, and the side skirts, theres almost nothing I care about on it
Never mind all the performance upgrades. It doesn't have ZL1 side skirts or Grand Sport stripes so it sucks. What has happened to the Camaro world??
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #74
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
That diffuser looks like mine. I thought they were doing a ZL1 diffuser and spoiler?
Ur right, it just looks like a modified stock SS one. Which I think in the long run will allow them to make more money off of parts, more people will be switching for that to get quad tips rather than the ZL1 diffuser.

Because the ZL1 diffuser requires more modification, and then sort of needs side skirts and a splitter to look complete
Old 06-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #75
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Some of the pics are from GM themselves, remember that the original ZL1 pictures didnt even have the ZL1 grille, and had a ZL1 on the shift knob. The original camaro concept had a bunch of diff stuff as well.
Things change from planning to production
Old 06-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #76
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Never mind all the performance upgrades. It doesn't have ZL1 side skirts or Grand Sport stripes so it sucks. What has happened to the Camaro world??
Transformers killed it and brought in people that just like "pretty".

Plenty of people in this thread that don't need to be looking at a 1LE because they simply don't get the purpose of the car.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #77
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Quote:
I'm not sure if you noticed, but these pics came directly from a GM site so this is the real deal. The older pictures we saw were from the "concept" version showed at Sema last year. I agree that it does not look nearly as good but there are several hardware changes/upgrades so to me its still worth looking into. I personally plan on adding the ZL1 side skirts and rear difuser setup. I would also like to add the ZL1 spoiler but may not due to the decklid modifications required.

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #78
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
The original 1LE pics from gm were the concept car. What you see in this thread is the actual production car. There's always a good chance of something changing from concept to production version.

Just look at the CTF 1LE cars that are in the ZL1 forum, they look just like this one.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #79
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
You know, now that you mention it, the Camaro could use a nice green (NOT SYNERGY.... PLEASE NOT SYNERGY). Whatever happened to this color? I think a new Camaro SS/RS would look pretty badass in this color combo.

Attachment 388401
Looks like British Racing Green

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #80
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
so they changed the rear spoiler from the ZL1 spoiler to regular spoiler....looks ugly in my opinion.
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #81
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Transformers killed it and brought in people that just like "pretty".

Plenty of people in this thread that don't need to be looking at a 1LE because they simply don't get the purpose of the car.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #82
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Ur right, it just looks like a modified stock SS one. Which I think in the long run will allow them to make more money off of parts, more people will be switching for that to get quad tips rather than the ZL1 diffuser.

Because the ZL1 diffuser requires more modification, and then sort of needs side skirts and a splitter to look complete
You cant just get the ZL1's quad tips. There are four exhaust tips because the ZL1 (and the 1LE) has the dual mode exhaust system. There's a solenoid at the front of the muffler that, during normal driving, reroutes the exhaust through the chambered muffler. But under a heavier foot, the solenoid opens, closing off the chambered section of the muffler, therefore letting the exhaust gases exit out of the "straight through" section. The dual tips per muffler are the two different exits, one for normal load, and one for performance driving load. So no, they didn't just get the ZL1 tips. And besides all that, the point of the 1LE is look like a slightly race-modified SS. Its not gonna look like a completely different car. I agree, the ZL1 rear spoiler and maybe a 1LE-specific hood (other than the matte black wrap) would have been nice, but that's not what GM is doing with it. This IS what the 1LE will look like. The sideskirts and hash marks were all on the concept version. I'm sure GM deamed that they were unnecessary for one reason or another. Maybe they want to keep the side skirts specific to the ZL1. Maybe they thought the has marks invading on the matte balck hood didn't look racey enough. Who knows? If you dont like it then dont buy it. No one is holding a gun to your head and telling you that you WILL buy a 1LE Camaro or they'll blow your head off.

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #83
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
I'm not sure if you noticed, but these pics came directly from a GM site so this is the real deal. The older pictures we saw were from the "concept" version showed at Sema last year. I agree that it does not look nearly as good but there are several hardware changes/upgrades so to me its still worth looking into. I personally plan on adding the ZL1 side skirts and rear difuser setup. I would also like to add the ZL1 spoiler but may not due to the decklid modifications required.
What modifications are required to the decklid for the ZL1 rear spoiler?

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #84
radametz

Drives: 2013 CRT 2SS/1LE; 2016 Colorado Z71
While it's a little disappointing that the hash marks, ZL1 spoiler, and side skirts didn't make it to production, I'll take the performance upgrades and do the cosmetic changes myself. Looking forward to this car and can't wait to drive one!