Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
wtf
Now that some good chirping............heres some more....http://youtu.be/1hLx5pzOdrM
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:53 AM   #16
MYBADSS

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Convertible Automatic
Problem is they ship the L99's with 3.24 rear end gears for CAFE MPG. I put the 3.91 gears in mine and brand new 305/35/20 Pzeros WILL chirp slightly going from first to second with traction control turned off. I don't smoke 'em in first they cost way too much. :-)
MYBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:55 AM   #17
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelyell22 View Post
You are running premium, right? Hold the traction control for 10 seconds. It shuts it all off
I have been running premium since i have owned it.. I bought it with 15,000 miles on it.. since i have had it i haven't really tried to burn tires just speeding down the highway a bit.... She moves but now i noticed on a stand still i punch it and it hesitates a bit before taking off.. Even when holding down the button it still shows no improvement. Only time i can tell a difference is if i take a corner when i hit that button and the car fish tales.. so i know the TC and the other light is working properly.. Even in Competitive mode ( when you tap it 2 times on a ss) still no improvement ,,, I did a fuse pull too.. I don't know if the previous owner beat the piss out of it before selling and screwed something up but i still have a warranty on the car so i want to fix it before it runs out...
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:01 AM   #18
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
It isn't that hard to do a burnout I don't know why these threads keep coming up. Turn off traction control............foot on the brake.....give it gas hard enough to break the tires loose.........regulate the tire spin and that's how you do a burnout.
I know how to do a burn out I'm saying my car won't.. i turned off all the the safety features and it won't do anything.. i slam the gas and all i do is take off.. With TC on and TC off is the same,., Comp mode too.. i even power brake it and i can get a little something but I'm not trying to break the car.. The car should burn when i slam that pedal with no traction control on. Im not asking how to do a burn out I'm asking what could be causing the lack of power.. The dealer even said the car feels like its hesitating and is losing power when you hit the gas.. He is looking up what it could be. But you know dealers, They will sit there and scratch their ass and let my warranty run out before they want to fix the real problem..
Old 07-16-2014, 08:03 AM   #19
KahunaSS

know how to do a burn out I'm saying my car won't.. i turned off all the the safety features and it won't do anything.. i slam the gas and all i do is take off.. With TC on and TC off is the same,., Comp mode too.. i even power brake it and i can get a little something but I'm not trying to break the car.. The car should burn when i slam that pedal with no traction control on. Im not asking how to do a burn out I'm asking what could be causing the lack of power.. The dealer even said the car feels like its hesitating and is losing power when you hit the gas.. He is looking up what it could be. But you know dealers, They will sit there and scratch their ass and let my warranty run out before they want to fix the real problem..
Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #20
M3hta1
USMC OIF 06-08

Drives: My wife crazy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
oh yea...speaking of chirping...chirp this......http://youtu.be/ozDDYcyrCNE
M3hta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #21
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
Something's wrong with your car and you know it....I can smoke mine from a roll.I never touch the brakes.Mine's stock except for an air intake and axle back.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
KahunaSS

2011 ss no burn outs low idle

i just want every to know i do know how to burn out, I already know about the traction button tricks the comp mode everything. I tried the fuse pull, I run premium all the time.. I even go out of my way to get named brand gas not gas from the cheap gas stations... no ticks or toks from the engine just sits at a very low idle.. lower the 500 rpms sometimes .. it starts off at 1200 rpms and then lowers down to under the 500 mark and goes up and down slightly form 400 to maybe 550.. usually stays under 500 though.. i just want to know what could cause a lack of power to create a issue like this? could it be the rear? could it be the TB? maybe a spark plugs? i have no lights on what so ever.. its driving me crazy..http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images...es/mad0259.gif
Old 07-16-2014, 08:20 AM   #23
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1660 View Post
Something's wrong with your car and you know it....I can smoke mine from a roll.I never touch the brakes.Mine's stock except for an air intake and axle back.
i know something is wrong but these dealers are morons,, He even said the car is bogging out when you slam the gas.. Im going in today to see what the problem is. A lot of these people here say do a fuse pull but it didn't do jack S***. same thing. I noticed a small amount of power when i got my CAI but not enough to spin.. i want to set the damn thing on fire and get a new one.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #24
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
If you get a a chirp, then you are not running Pirelli's. What tire do you have on the rear.

I am still running Pirelli's and they are dead silent. Frankly, I'm tired of the silence.
still have the stock pirelli's on.. actually just bought new ones about 2 months back.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #25
DiGiam

Drives: 2016 NFG SS A8
Any hesitation/bogging while driving at normal speed or is this only launching and trying to do burnouts?
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:03 AM   #26
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Use a little less pressure on the horizontal pedal.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #27
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahunaSS View Post
still have the stock pirelli's on.. actually just bought new ones about 2 months back.
Bad spark plug, leaky fuel injector, clogged fuel filter. Less likely would be a borderline bad o2 sensor, dirty MAF. etc. I don't know how these cars idle normally but if the idle is jumping around too much that tells me the computer is having to constantly correct the idle speed for some reason, of course this might be normal for the engine, I have no idea a 50-100rpm jump/dip should still be within spec, but when it gets to 200-300rpm on a stock motor it signals a possible issue. It is perfectly normal for it to start at 1200-1500rpms. All cars do this nowadays to heat up the catalytic converters quicker for more fuel efficiency. Idle will drop to normal operating mode as they warm up; cold cats are less efficient..

There will always be a slight hesitation when pushing the go pedal due to the fly by wire, but if it is bogging then something else is going on, it's just not bad enough to trip a sensor yet. Bogging usually indicates too much fuel in one or more cylinders so it takes longer to ignite. Symptoms of this could be found by smelling the exhaust, if it smells like unburnt fuel then it could be a problem. (disregard this if the engine is cold and when first starting it up).

It is still possible in this day and age to get dirty fuel. Stations are supposed to replace their filters regularly but some lag behind and it does happen. When you add an old filter at the filling station to taking fuel from the bottom of their tanks, things can start to go wrong, but usually it results in the cats going bad from clogs after a while. Some small symptoms may show up ahead of time though.

On top of using a top tier gas I also throw a bottle of techron into the car every few months to help with dirty fuel issues and carbon build up. It's not a cure all but it does tend to keep things running a bit smoother for longer periods. For a car already having problems it can take several treatments to see things smooth out if it is a fuel problem. All the gas we get is the same, the difference is in the additives (if any) such as detergents to keep things inside clean of carbon deposits and help with dirty fuel. toptiergas.com has a list of gas stations that add those detergents to their fuels. The only place around me that does is Quick Trip, as we have no shell, chevron, texaco, exxon, and few BP stations anymore.

Last edited by Criticalmass; 07-16-2014 at 10:46 AM.
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:50 PM   #28
KahunaSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiam View Post
Any hesitation/bogging while driving at normal speed or is this only launching and trying to do burnouts?
Not really any hesitation any other time... just when slamming on the gas. i know when I'm already at 60 mob or 70 mph it will take a split sec to start flying but on take off is where the real loss is at.... i also just came back from the dealer today.. he test drove it and said there was def hold back in power,, the idiots car back and said that it could be the carbon filter on the top of the air filter box.. I was like with are you talking about??? your telling me that little pad missing would cause power loss?? anyway it was still there and it was in perfect condition... When i do slam on the gas its like a hold then it takes off.. no burn not 1 squeak . I've tried diff pavements/ roads and still nothing... i took the cover off the engine and my brother in law is a mechanic and we both hear some sort of air leak but none of the hoses check out,,, i def sounds like a air leak but not sure. we sprayed around and couldn't find anything...

Tags
wrong subforum