Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-17-2015, 11:27 PM   #15
aa406079

Drives: New : 2017 SS 1LE Old: 2012 TTRS M6
I will admit the exterior is personal preference, as long as those that prefer the wing spoiler admit that the blade spoiler gives the car more of the classic Camaro lines....

Personally I find it makes the as end look less squished , which is what a few people have complained about in regards to the rear end.

More importantly ( for me anyway) the blade spoiler will REDUCE OVERALL WEIGHT, will reduce the laminar airflow more than that wing with add down force . In all honesty I don't see much angle to that wing.

Last edited by aa406079; 11-18-2015 at 12:14 AM.
aa406079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:33 PM   #16
alfonsoj23

Drives: 2014 camaro ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa406079 View Post
this is better.....

Hey guys so we will be able to switch to this spoiler for the ss?? I don't mind the one that it comes with but this one reminds me of the old school camaro. I just like it a bit more!
alfonsoj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:59 PM   #17
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
I will admit the exterior is personal preference, as long as those that prefer the wing spoiler admit that the blade spoiler gives the car more of the classic Camaro lines....

Personally I find it makes the as end look less squished , which is what a few people have complained about in regards to the rear end.

More importantly ( for me anyway) the blade spoiler will give you as much or more downforce than the wing spoiler for less weight....

The wing spoiler made the rear a rather cluttered busy mess of lines. The dovetail reduces this greatly, makes for a nice classic, cohesive look, and actually makes the lines under the tail lights work much better. I've said before that I wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 switches over to the dovetail by default. GM seems to have heard the Camaro communities reaction and listened which is smart. They made a great car, tried out the wing, reaction was meh, so adapt.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
this is better.....

LOVE this spoiler so much more than the Stock SS one. I want it.

Jared Royce
JDP Motorsports
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:35 PM   #19
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:

More importantly ( for me anyway) the blade spoiler will REDUCE OVERALL WEIGHT, will reduce the laminar airflow more than that wing with add down force . In all honesty I don't see much angle to that wing.

Jared Royce
JDP Motorsports
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:43 PM   #20
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-10 View Post
IN YOUR OPION!
You do realize the spoiler in the OP is a prototype and not the final design, right?

The final design has 3 supports, including a center support. It looks way too busy, and looks horrible with rally stripes. I've seen it in person and it ruins the rear end of the car. The blade spoiler definitely cleans the lines up a lot.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #21
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
You do realize the spoiler in the OP is a prototype and not the final design, right?

The final design has 3 supports, including a center support. It looks way too busy, and looks horrible with rally stripes. I've seen it in person and it ruins the rear end of the car. The blade spoiler definitely cleans the lines up a lot.
The stock was engineered to be functional and clean in the wind tunnel, the blade
looks tacky to me sorry.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #22
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post

I agree. I dont like the back and i think its mostly the hideous spoiler. IMO
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #23
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

Great looking dove spoiler + wider wheels and tires, definitively they will be part of my upcoming '16 SS.
Thanks for sharing.
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #24
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by maraging View Post
I agree. I dont like the back and i think its mostly the hideous spoiler. IMO
The spoiler was hideous at first for me... After seeing it in person and taking delivery, it isn't as bad as everyone says it is. I will be grabbing the blade spoiler whenever it is actually available though as it truly is a statement to MUSCLE car.

The current spoiler is extremely functional. Granted, I do not think they have released the actual info of it and I can assume it only really becomes functional over 100 mph. Front and hood lines, reverse mohawk, rear lines and the spoiler go all together. I would hope the blade spoiler will be just as functional but wouldn't surprise me if it isn't.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #25
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
Quote:
this is better.....

This is the one for me !
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #26
CarlsonDDS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
This is the one for me !
Sorry for any redundancy, but will I be able to go back to my dealer and have them remove my standard SS spoiler and add this blade spoiler without seeing any holes/modifications?
CarlsonDDS is offline   Reply With Quote