Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #1
Camaro117

Drives: Yellow 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Walking out of work and...

Found a grocery cart on my car.... I was so mad! I work as a pharmacy tech at my local pharmacy and there is a kroger right next door to it and they share parking lots. I went out to my car on my lunch break to find a cart on my front driver side fender, I was so mad. Luckily no damage. Probably because I wax my baby so much and just put a sealant on it a few days ago. And i doubt the cart hit very hard, but still. It was raining and cold and im sure some lazy jerk just threw it off and ran to their car. And whats funny is the cart holder was literally right there... like 5 steps over. I mean come on, the parking lot is filled with cars, take 5 seconds and put the cart up and save someone a new paint job... lol rant over..
Camaro117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:50 AM   #2
jimlem

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Wow for a second there I thought someone lifted a cart up on your roof. Don't blame you for being upset, I would be livid. May be you should not park literally 5 steps from the cart return. Doesn't sound safe.
jimlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
There are a LOT of lazy people in this world. You have to plan for them to do stupid things...

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
NYCamOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:14 AM   #4
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
My wife said something interesting to me the other day, we were out in SS and parked in large parking lot, it's type of lot you can park far enough where no one really shouldn't park next to you, unless they also had nice vehicle. She said you know, you parking this far away, it can motivate someone to walk up and vandalize your car.
Since I have a mild case of OCD...her not knowing.... what she said was added pressure for my brain.
Moral to the story....The minute your out and about, anything can happen to your car no matter how careful you are.
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #5
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
It's a tough call.. But she does have a valid point. Those wife's.. there always thinking..
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #6
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
god forbid you should inspire others with their nice cars or trucks to park far away from the masses ...... I have on many occasions parked far away and come back to find upper end vehicles parked safely spaced by my vehicle because we know....... TOO NOT PARK BY JIMBOBS KIA..... OR DEBBIES MINIVAN..... or anywhere close to where they would want to park their precious rolling turd dent magnet.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
wife had our Saab parked at the Hyvee supper market in a handicap space and while sitting in the car a lady parked nearby unloaded her cart, gave it a push and it hit the Saab passenger door. My wife got out and confronted her to obtain here car insurance info. Her insurance ended up fixing the door ding and repainting the door. Moral of the story is to look first before you push your cart away, otherwise it may cost you $500.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
IVTRIZ

Drives: 2013 SS
I went to the grocery store in my grocery getter and parked all the way back where there are no cars at all. When I got back there was a F250 monster truck parked right next to my car. WTF? It was like that commercial where there is an empty parking with just one car and a beater parks right next it.

Last week I went to the park for a jog. I parked in the empty parking lot and when I got back there was a BMW 4 door with a child seat parked right next to my grocery getter again. What the hell is wrong with people? If that BMW owner doesn't care if his kids bang up my car he should at least care about me possibly banging up his car by parking next to the car with the longest doors in production right now.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:05 PM   #9
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
I have an old Acura Integra beater for grocery shopping duties.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 05:10 PM   #10
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfic View Post
My wife said something interesting to me the other day, we were out in SS and parked in large parking lot, it's type of lot you can park far enough where no one really shouldn't park next to you, unless they also had nice vehicle. She said you know, you parking this far away, it can motivate someone to walk up and vandalize your car.
Since I have a mild case of OCD...her not knowing.... what she said was added pressure for my brain.
Moral to the story....The minute your out and about, anything can happen to your car no matter how careful you are.
if you park far enough away the local tow truck thief will pull up and do a "well look what we have here"
Old 10-04-2015, 06:57 PM   #11
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
snarky
yep..like my last words.
Moral to the story....The minute your out and about, anything can happen to your car no matter how careful you are..
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #12
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
I just don't get people like this.. I mean the wind ripped the door out of my hands today and I jumped and grabbed it before it hit the car next to me.. Never even looked what it was just I know that feeling of it happening to me.. I would feel terrible even if it were a complete accident and some people seem to do it deliberately and without care ..
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
Camaro117

Drives: Yellow 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
I agree with all of you. For one lol I agree with our doors being the longest doors in production hahaha and two I agree with what the wife said about parking so far away it could be just asking for someone to mess with it. My gf said the same thing. I go to college and theres a parking lot at the bottom of the hill where not many people park, I always park there just to be safe and my gf said the same thing she said you parking that far down may make someone want to mess with it even more. And mine being yellow its easy to see lol
Camaro117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:50 AM   #14
BkinBlk

Drives: 2015 2LT RS
I make every attempt to park in spots where they can't park next to me. I parked in at the back of Wallyworld next to a huge snow bank, and they STILL got the grocery cart up against my passenger door. I still have no clue why they did it, as I was park on the up side of a hill, the cart would have had to been pushed UP the incline. Just remember, no matter how protected me make our cars, their will ALWAYS be assclowns and jealous people.