Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #15
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
When I first got my 1LE with the recaro's I was 6'-6" tall 36" inseam weighed 390lbs. The recaro's fit me fine and they feel like they sit lower then standard seat. Plus the alcantera center just makes the seat have the more racey and highend feel.

Now I weigh 220lbs and still feel fine in the seat. I like corners and stock seats have no support for corners plus the leather you slide around. The recaro's are like a like glove and you are the hand.

Now aftermarket recaro's , Corbeau, and sparco's come down to the old saying you get what you paid for. Corbeau material is too cheap for daily driving they wear out fast. The sparco's I bought were one of the best aftermarket seat I ever bought. for a race seat with minimal padding they were comfortable even for long trips. Also being tall sparco's have one of the highest head supports just short of a custom made Kirkey. The sparco material is almost like a Jean material very sturdy and easy to keep clean.

Factory OEM Recaro's the Camaro is one of the best, I have a friend who has a Boss 302 with the ford recaro's and they are narrow. THe GT500 recaro's are same just leather.

More people think my car is a Z28 because of those seats, they know the car is Special when they see those seats and find out they are stock.
Well, I'm losing weight now. I'll have hopefully lost 20-30 or more pounds by the time I get my new car by the beginning of the year. My inseam is only 30-32". I'll just have to stop by the dealership by me one day soon and sit in the Z28 to see. And then again after losing weight to see how I like the seats.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #16
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Get recaros and don't pull tractor tires around with your arms, rent a forklift.

See those shoulder things on the seats are designed to push you into the seat. Not there to give you a little massage having a rough day in the Gym. When you go around corners and you don't have that support, you use your arms to hold you in place with the steering wheel. Fine and dandy for 15 minutes on a track, but go 30+ and you get tired. So look at the recaro's like your spotters at the gym they are only there to support you. They are not going back into the locker room to make you feel better by giving you a massage.

Again it comes down to what you want and plan to do and how it benefits you. You want comfort go buy a cadillac, you want to look like a racecar, but not racecar feel, buy a V6. You want to a factory race car that will give you a rush with a little discomfort, buy a 1LE. You want same thing with less money in the bank buy a Z28.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:30 PM   #17
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
My god there are some BIG boys on here! LMAO! I used to be much bigger...6' and 230#. Now 6' and 185#! Dropped 55# in fat, then gained 10# back in muscle when I started strength training. Leaner and meaner! LOL Anyway, I love my Recaro seats in my 1LE. I have made some 2-3 hour trips and they are so comfortable I swear I could fall asleep driving! But the noise of the headers/high flow cats/and open NPP keeps me awake!
You cannot beat the seats! I would say if you are 210#, you are likely fine! When I was looking to buy (I was 230# when I bought mine!) I sat in some at a dealership and had no problem, I fit right in nicely. Now at 185#...I have a little extra room in the seat actually. At 200# I would probably fit perfectly.
Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #18
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Question: What kind of seat does "Beefcake" sit in?

Answer: Any kind he wants!
Old 08-29-2015, 03:18 AM   #19
moonsinger71

Drives: 2014 Camero 2SS/RS Vert
I am 6-4 295. I test drove a car with them. They were not comfortable to me. The side of the seat were cutting into my back.
moonsinger71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:14 AM   #20
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
At this years auto show, i seen a 6' 2 about 250 not fitting at all. looked awkward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNYSTR View Post
Well, I'm losing weight now. I'll have hopefully lost 20-30 or more pounds by the time I get my new car by the beginning of the year. My inseam is only 30-32". I'll just have to stop by the dealership by me one day soon and sit in the Z28 to see. And then again after losing weight to see how I like the seats.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Well as the midget in this group at 5'-06" and 155# they fit me perfectly !! Unfortunately they were not available when I purchased my 2012 ZL1. I tried finding someone that was ordering a new car that did not want to order Recaros but that did not pan out. I know that they are $4800 through the parts dept. but I will most likely wait for the next set of HiPo Camaros with Recaros.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:53 PM   #22
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I'm 6'2 and 195 and they fit me well. Drove from College Station TX to Bowling Green without a problem

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
I'm 6'2 and 195 and they fit me well. Drove from College Station TX to Bowling Green without a problem

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
It's the 195 that makes it OK... try 295 and it's a whole different story. As mentioned the side bolsters get you right in the back.