Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 AM   #29
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Should it have stayed at the same volume? The 5th gen could have been an anomaly due to the nameplate being gone for years and maybe this is just the normal for Camaro.

Mustang sales are also higher than they were for S197.. Former Mustang owners noticing that it's time to upgrade and that new one is worthy of an upgrade?
I'm sure the initial high numbers for the 5th Gen were due to pent up demand. I believe they level off a bit towards the end of gen 5. I just didn't expect the 6th gen sales to slide is all. I expected at least the same, but I expected an increase
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #30
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Not good numbers by any stretch. Even if they are profitable I doubt these are the kinds of numbers they are looking for. Price is likely the biggest factor. They need to adjust to make it more competitive on paper. Most can't see past the base price difference between the mustang and camaro.
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:42 AM   #31
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You guys are fun.

More profit per car isn't the target. It's more TOTAL profit which means you still have to hit your volume targets.

If all it was was profit per car, just sell one and pat themselves on the back.

Plus you are forgetting that all the tooling and development costs are spread over the planned number of units. Sell less units and the cost per car goes up meaning your profit per car goes down also.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #32
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
There better be a redesign in the works.
What?
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #33
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I can only assume the MCE will be bumped up, 2018 perhaps? Mustang is getting a refresh after 3 model years, I assume the Camaro will see something after 2, no more than 3.

Hopefully they don't pull a Malibu emergency refresh and make the front a little better but ignore the real complaints, the rear of the car.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:46 AM   #34
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
I see people implying they expect this and are not surprised etc.

Honestly, I am very shocked at these #'s.

I guess we will go buy a Challenger and start making parts for them.

Kelly, Just please keep your great quality and attension to detail (perfect ride height & performance).
BMR (# SP080) Performance Springs for the S550 Mustang are the BEST on the market in my opinion!
I'll be buying the BMR SP080 for my 2016/2017 Mustang GT when I buy it this fall.
...along with your Jacking Rails.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:48 AM   #35
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You guys are fun.

More profit per car isn't the target. It's more TOTAL profit which means you still have to hit your volume targets.

Plus you are forgetting that all the tooling and development costs are spread over the planned number of units. Sell less units and the cost per car goes up meaning your profit per car goes down also.
And since you are not employed at GM, it would be safe to assume that you do not know the target?
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 AM   #36

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Jun 2016 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Camaro Jun 2016 Deliveries (actual sales): 4,969 -43% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Mustang Jun 2016 Delivery (sales):9,776 -17% (Pr Ye)
Challenger Jun 2016 Delivery (sales):5,479 -20% (Pr Ye)

They all went down in sales over the previous year....but the Camaro number, YIKES!

Not sure I can stomach another month of "profit analysis" as some sort of "good news" for the Camaro....

IMO it's a popularity contest, and the Camaro is hurting. Still the best car IMO of the three, but sales stink. Not sure if there is an answer or explanation, but the 6thGen should be selling much better.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #37
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
And since you are not employed at GM, it would be safe to assume that you do not know the target?
I don't.

That data would kill these monthly discussions.

But as of last month GM had no money on the hood and was offering no employee discounts other than the norm. So I assume GM is still within the bounds of their plan.

Question will be with 17s being shipped will they ever offer rebates on the soon to be previous MY cars on the lot?
Old 07-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #38
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
You guys are fun.

Agreed, but we don't know that volume target. I see they sold 2483 Corvettes in June. That is half of the Camaro sales does that mean Corvette sales are horrible and they will kill the Corvette?

Maybe GM averages $4k per Camaro and Ford only averages $2k Mustang. If that is the case then 4969 Camaros x $4000 profit = $19.8M vs. Ford Mustang 9776 mustangs x $2000 profit = $19.5M. Both healthy businesses, one aims for more value and nets more per unit and the other aims for more volume.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:34 AM   #39
Zomies

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS & GSX-S1000
Not surprised at all. A good example happened to me back in May when I went a local Ford dealer asking about pricing on a GT premium performance pack that they had on the lot. With Costco pricing which many people can get I was told $37k. Then went to look at a Camaro and the least expensive 2SS was $45k and had no Costco pricing and not willing to haggle. So for the average consumer what do you think they would choose? The average consumer could also care less about the performance pack so you can then get a GT premium for $34.5k with Costco pricing without even haggling on price.
Zomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #40
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Like I have said in all the other sales threads, the thing that puzzles me the most is the car is superior in everyway to the car it replaced. IMO it should have stayed around the same volume wise, not decline. I also expected it to at least close the gap on the Mustang at least and most certainly not be outsold by an almost 10 year old Challenger that doesn't even offer a drop top version.
It's a superior car in every way with evolutionary styling and a SS trim that will run with a gen5 ZL1 for $10k less. The product isn't the issue. The neat but expensive convertable top says a lot about thier thinking going into this generation. Chevy contented and priced the car higher and are building it at a Cadillac plant. I have no idea what they forecasted for sales but they had to have planned for less volume.

Anyway...I'm pleased that the cost wasn't an issue for me. I love this car

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #41
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
The general public has no idea its a new car. You can not just look at that car and tell. If you never read a car mag you do not know, hell most of the salesman do not know. At the dealer in my town he has 2 2015's on the lot and 6 2016's. He had to separate them because people looking at the 15's walked down the line and got shocked at why some camaros were so expensive than the rest, and they would keep explaining. This is a 15, and this is a 16. and the next statement I do not see the difference! That's the problem SEE the difference.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #42
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
I don't.

That data would kill these monthly discussions.

But as of last month GM had no money on the hood and was offering no employee discounts other than the norm. So I assume GM is still within the bounds of their plan.

Question will be with 17s being shipped will they ever offer rebates on the soon to be previous MY cars on the lot?
Only GM knows. Most of us that made the purchase are so happy with our cars.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote