Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-29-2016, 05:12 PM   #827
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
As they did to my SS when GM included it in the wonderful 20% off sale. Any thought I had of trading my SS went out the window as this cost me at least a few thousand.

GM did this on the Gen5 which certainly hurt resale and trade in and may even be partly holding some Gen5 owners from trading up to a Gen6.
5th gen Camaro still has better resale than 5th gen Mustang.. So go figure.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #828
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Whew glad see this is still going right thru the next month..yeah my local dealer selling an ss for 39k down from 50k..that's a hell of a deal, makes me contemplate ditching the camaro..
Old 07-29-2016, 05:32 PM   #829
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
As they did to my SS when GM included it in the wonderful 20% off sale. Any thought I had of trading my SS went out the window as this cost me at least a few thousand.

GM did this on the Gen5 which certainly hurt resale and trade in and may even be partly holding some Gen5 owners from trading up to a Gen6.
Let's hope they stay the course with the new models

Quote:
Our retail-focused strategy is resulting in the highest share gains in the industry. Chevrolet is the fastest growing full-line brand and we expect that trend to continue as the availability of newly launched products improves in the second half of the year,” said Kurt McNeil, U.S. vice president of Sales Operations. “Our reduction in daily rental deliveries, disciplined incentive spending and well-managed inventories are showing real benefit in the residual values of our latest launched vehicles

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/07/...united-states/

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 07-29-2016 at 05:48 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:52 PM   #830
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
[QUOTE=SuperSound;9229572]You can nit pick between the two all day. One the Mustang doesn't offer drive modes at all. In the end you won't find any smoking guns to point to as the reason for the different sales.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yeah, mustangs do have 4 drive modes, come to think of it all newer vehicles have drive modes. Nothing really special about drive modes.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #831
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrsatisfied View Post
Yaaay! My Mustangs book/trade value tanked thanks to Ford's incentives! And now all my friends can buy used one year old mustangs at Kia used prices!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
5th gen Camaro still has better resale than 5th gen Mustang.. So go figure.
Repeat Mustang buyers are probably already used to terrible residuals. LOL

Also I'd be curious to see % of lease vs purchase. Just curious.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #832
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Repeat Mustang buyers are probably already used to terrible residuals. LOL

Also I'd be curious to see % of lease vs purchase. Just curious.
I noticed this

Quote:
Why did Ford's profit decline?

First, Ford's incentives are rising in the United States. Incentives, those cash-back or cheap-financing deals often advertised on TV....

Ford's bottom line was also hurt as profit at Ford Credit also declined 21%. The company's in-house financing arm is struggling with falling resale values on smaller vehicles...

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...o-recover.html

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:27 PM   #833
sonnydurden

Drives: ‘16 1SS & ‘19 1LT
We still getting our ass kicked!!
sonnydurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #834
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsblueblood View Post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yeah, mustangs do have 4 drive modes, come to think of it all newer vehicles have drive modes. Nothing really special about drive modes.
I should have been more specific, the drive modes in the Mustang only affect steering. Not throttle progression and shift behaviors like they do for all Camaros (or dampening and exhaust like on MRC and NPP equipped Camaros).

Also nothing really special about auto dimming mirrors. Nice, but your hands can do that function just as well if not better than some auto dimming mirrors.

Better example, Mustang does not offer a standard 7" display with Android Auto/Car Play. Like I said, there's plenty of things one has over the other and vice versa.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #835
nvrsatisfied

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
We still getting our ass kicked!!
No, we are not. GM's profit is up and Ford has tanked. Ford offered all those incentives to sell more cars, but it killed thier profits and resale value. Ford is the one suffering.
nvrsatisfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #836
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
If I could afford it, I'd have gotten a new Corvette even if it's performance was identical to the Camaro SS. To the guy arguing that there is no reason to buy a Corvette when the Camaro's performance is similar, well, that is only your opinion.
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #837
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey LikesIt View Post
If I could afford it, I'd have gotten a new Corvette even if it's performance was identical to the Camaro SS. To the guy arguing that there is no reason to buy a Corvette when the Camaro's performance is similar, well, that is only your opinion.
As much as I love the Camaro...I think the Corvette is cooler...so I agree with you.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #838
Rsblueblood
Kywildcats

Drives: 2020 2SS shock and steel (shocker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
I should have been more specific, the drive modes in the Mustang only affect steering. Not throttle progression and shift behaviors like they do for all Camaros (or dampening and exhaust like on MRC and NPP equipped Camaros).

Also nothing really special about auto dimming mirrors. Nice, but your hands can do that function just as well if not better than some auto dimming mirrors.

Better example, Mustang does not offer a standard 7" display with Android Auto/Car Play. Like I said, there's plenty of things one has over the other and vice versa.
True that the drive modes are not as well as the Camaro but still they have them. As for the 7" true they have a 4" in the basic but you can buy the 8" upgrade that is plug and play for 700 and it use all the sync features, so you're not paying for that upgrade for 6 years.
Rsblueblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #839
Root

Drives: Silverado, Camaro
CHEVROLET
Camaro
A 1LS trim level is now available to order on Camaro Coupes and Convertibles, models 1AG37/1AG67
Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #840
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Root View Post
CHEVROLET
Camaro
A 1LS trim level is now available to order on Camaro Coupes and Convertibles, models 1AG37/1AG67
1AG37 and 1AG67 are the codes for the 1LT. 1LS would need different codes.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote