#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-22-2015, 09:13 PM   #43
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Question

"As all Camaro LT1s will be wet-sump engines"

Wow, that is something -- can you provide the source of this info please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
I'm sure the PDR will come for the second model year and looks like wet sump only for the Camaro LT1.

MRC is optional as stated below.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #44
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Good point that the new car is supposed to be near the current 1LE for handling.

For a Gen6 1LE:

- More aggressive suspension tuning (buyers will be more inclined to a stiffer ride); mag ride not needed as custom tuning will be desired; lower the car about 1".
- Forged 19X10 wheels
- Rear diff with carbon fiber clutch pack or Torsen option
- Gearing updated for acceleration/track use
- Some aero/styling changes to support the wider wheels
- Enhanced reliability mods: real oil to air cooler. Whatever is needed for temp control.
- A CAI would be a nice way to get 10 hp and the added noise again not a problem
- Track tuned equipment levels: basically a 1SS with Recaros; otherwise weight reduction stuff similar to the Boss 302
- Track harness option for 5 point and HANS.

Personally I would love to have a limited run with the LS3 and dry sump, same headers as LTI, CAI, and performance exhaust. The simplified hop up of that motor is great for track heads. Won't happen I know.
1sspat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:56 PM   #45
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Just changing from the 275/245 run flats will be a big improvement. They are a summer tire but I'm sure a wider stickier set along with some more aggressive chassis parts ( springs sways etc) to match will do a lot by itself.
As others have said more aggressive gearing will help and will likely be available. A small power bump would be really cool as well but I'm not holding my breath.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:44 AM   #46
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Just changing from the 275/245 run flats will be a big improvement. They are a summer tire but I'm sure a wider stickier set along with some more aggressive chassis parts ( springs sways etc) to match will do a lot by itself.
As others have said more aggressive gearing will help and will likely be available. A small power bump would be really cool as well but I'm not holding my breath.
Probably won't be seeing a power bump until after the Vette does it. I do not believe they have one for 2016.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:53 AM   #47
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LbulletM View Post
Probably won't be seeing a power bump until after the Vette does it. I do not believe they have one for 2016.
They don't.

Haven't checked lately but could be one for 2017 rumored I think.

I was just speaking on the 1le getting a small power bump on its own from a cai Etc. doubt it would happen but would be cool.

Now that you mention it they probably wouldn't do that because it would surpass the corvette hp rating. A 1le package with a power bump could possibly step on the vettes toes from a price/ performance standpoint. It would be cool if they would integrate it and give the z51 package a power bump as well. That way everyone is happy.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 AM   #48
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I do like the idea of a CA6 1LE. But one of the main attractions now of the 1LE is the huge improvement in handling the 1LE has over the 5th gen SS. That was why I bought one after I had already upgraded my '11 SS suspension. For the new Camaro this may not be as true. The new 1LE may play to an even smaller audience than the current one. And the standard SS could most likely get very close to a new 1LE package track times with just a front brake and tire upgrade. As handling and acceleration are improved, the ultimate physical limits as defined by physics remain, making improvements having diminishing returns.

That being said, the big difference between a 1LE and an SS could be more of the ability to maintain consistent speed over more laps. Bigger front brakes added to the SS could close that gap. But that advantage can only be appreciated by those who will actually track their car. Of course there will always be others who buy a 1LE for the wrong reasons.

So I wonder if there will be a CA6 1LE or Z/28, but I hope they are both built, just for the fun of it. Chevy does not have to compete with the GT350, it's sort of a niche car. A version of the new CA6 top dog might just beat the GT350R and the current Z/28. And the new SS Chevy says, will run with the 1LE, so as to track times they have both covered. The 1LE and Z/28 might not make marketing sense. The Z/28 shows us just how crazy the Chevy motor-heads can get. I hope those guys still win the marketing battles. They are building legends. Fight the good fight.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #49
LbulletM

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
They don't.

Haven't checked lately but could be one for 2017 rumored I think.

I was just speaking on the 1le getting a small power bump on its own from a cai Etc. doubt it would happen but would be cool.

Now that you mention it they probably wouldn't do that because it would surpass the corvette hp rating. A 1le package with a power bump could possibly step on the vettes toes from a price/ performance standpoint. It would be cool if they would integrate it and give the z51 package a power bump as well. That way everyone is happy.
That would be awesome. I'm all for more power across the board!

I guess the 2017 bump for the Vette would make sense. C6 had the LS2 for 3 model years with the LS3 replacing it in '08. C7 coming out in '14 means 2017 would be the time for a bump if they stick with the same schedule.
LbulletM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #50
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
I strongly wish that it should come out as an optional track package on the 50th anniversary to be able to beat the shelby gt350. I hope for:
MRSC
Stiffer swaybars and springs
Recaros
Upgrade on brakes
Additional cooling
A8 transmission availability
Improved spoilers (specially a better rear one)
Wider squared 10" wheels & 285's tires
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote