Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #379
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Nothing new yet. I just put all of my stock tails back in (one of them was opened, so, I had to seal it up again).
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:26 PM   #380
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
The question you have to ask yourself is do you want an affordable product that works, or an overpriced product that you continually have to send back, due to problems with the manufacturing? I believe Tony wants to do this right and keep the costs down so these will sell. We'll just have to be ultra patient until he figures this all out. In the meantime, I suggest you all buy his other products to help him out.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #381
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Ultra patient is one thing, this is getting ridiculous. I may just make my own out of the new set I have. I'd rather buy Tony's, but the lack of progress or updates is getting old.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #382
Elykson
Custom One Off

Drives: 2010 Chicago Blackhawks Edition #1
There are other guys who can custom make them for you. Or you can do it yourself without others constantly pestering you for updates and prices and waiting lists. If it was me, I wouldn't even try to deal with all the legal headaches, finding affordable parts suppliers, and just not make them. The guy has a full time job and it's not SJM.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #383
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
can we get on a list??????
Don't think it's necessary to create a list just yet...
Old 07-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #384
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
Honestly, I'd like to devote twelve hours a day to this, but, it's just not possible right now.

The ultimate goal is to get these out there and into cars. Forming sjm just three, short months ago was the first big step.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm! It's good to see others just as psyched as I am over these.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #385
bo3adlah

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Ultra patient is one thing, this is getting ridiculous. I may just make my own out of the new set I have. I'd rather buy Tony's, but the lack of progress or updates is getting old.
true.. ijust dont see it happening.. i think in the end ill be getting the ccfl afterburner from aac
the problem is that i read alot of complaints about their products
mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

soon to come: taillights , maybe wheels , interior roof alcantra material .
bo3adlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #386
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmautoprod View Post
Honestly, I'd like to devote twelve hours a day to this, but, it's just not possible right now.

The ultimate goal is to get these out there and into cars. Forming sjm just three, short months ago was the first big step.

I do appreciate the enthusiasm! It's good to see others just as psyched as I am over these.
Thanks, Tony. I'll wait.
I guess I'm too old to be part of the "immediate gratification" generation. I'd rather have something that works reliably, and at a fair price, than be the first on some "beta test" list.
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #387
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:

I'll wait too...
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #388
Ringo
Politically incorrect

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawk823 View Post
Thanks, Tony. I'll wait.
I guess I'm too old to be part of the "immediate gratification" generation. I'd rather have something that works reliably, and at a fair price, than be the first on some "beta test" list.
Immediate gratification? The first post of this thread was exactly 13 months ago. I hope all this comes to fruition, but there's a limit to how patient I'll be before I do something myself. We'll see how all this goes. Like many people here, I have money for these things pretty much no matter what they cost.

Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #389
flyman3

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
Immediate gratification? The first post of this thread was exactly 13 months ago. I hope all this comes to fruition, but there's a limit to how patient I'll be before I do something myself. We'll see how all this goes. Like many people here, I have money for these things pretty much no matter what they cost.
The SS emblems for the stock grill and back end took much longer than 13 months to get into production and look at how good those look. If you are going to do something it needs to be done right and not half assed.
Mods so far: 20% tint, Solo Mach X Exhaust, Custom Hockey Stick Stripes from MPD1, RevXtreme Catch Can, 6.2L emblems from Emblempros, Stealth turn signal bulbs, Skip Shift Eliminator from Apex-Speed, MPD1 Spoiler, custom painted Sparks SS emblems by MPD, MPD Force 5 hood, custom painted ZL1 bumper by MPD, MPD smooth rear panel, C.A.I. intake to seal with hood, ARH 1 7'8" headers with Hi-flow cats, ceramic brake pads, Factory Reproductions Style 41 black ZL1 wheels, Painted calipers to match stripes, ADM ZL1 scoop, showstopper markers, Norris custom cam, Tuned by Mike Norris 464 HP, 425 TQ.
flyman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #390
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Yeah... I'll check back in the spring 2014.
Keep perfectin' Tony... You'll be just in time for Gen6.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #391
bo3adlah

Drives: Camaro SS
lol guys.. just go with 2ssrs tail lights..
his r perfect.. identical to the concept his half way through making mine
mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

soon to come: taillights , maybe wheels , interior roof alcantra material .
bo3adlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:14 PM   #392
Angelsilhouette

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS, Red Jewel
Quote:
This: I couldn't expect this to be done in just 3 months. Sure people may have been talking about this over a year ago, and Tony may have even bodged together a prototype, but without a business model, there's no real way to put that prototype into production. I couldn't expect just some guy to go into full production on something like this, I couldn't even really expect a newly founded business to do so, either. If he can, that's fantastic, if he has to outsource everything, that's OK, too; but if he has to do each one by hand? There's no way I could expect any sort of full production model.

Even with the prototype, if this has to be done by hand, there's going to be a lot of false starts and backtracking to troubleshoot, fix and polish it. If, for example, SJM is a type of side project and not Tony's primary source of income, there would be no way I could expect him to quit his job and gamble on this. I couldn't even expect him to make this any sort of priority in his life until SJM could at least compete with his primary source of income. There are many priorities in this world one must have: Family, friends, work, etc. Amongst the many things one can prioritise, something that could be considered a hobby by one's family and employer should probably be pretty low on the list.

So if Tony can't spend 12 hours a day bodging away at this project, it's probably because there are other (higher) priorities in his life and we should not begrudge him that. If someone just can't wait, they should go for the lower quality immediate alternative; I'm sure Tony wouldn't blame them for doing so, but it would be really poor behavior to bust his chops about it without taking these things into consideration. :/

Angelsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote