Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-16-2015, 01:33 PM   #29
2000Firehawk

Drives: 2000Firehawk
With basically an E47 Ethanol tune, & slicks, I run 12.3s @ 110mph,at the track,
With my HHR SS 2.0 turbo automatic.
I can easily see 11.9s with the new 2016 Camaro 2.0 turbo, easy, with all the
Aftermarket attention, it will get...
2000Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #30
Phantasmaro7

Drives: 2007 Corolla CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebeezwax View Post
you just posted v4

^^^^^ where's that ban hammer at?

Mitch Hedberg
Phantasmaro7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:37 PM   #31
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Is that the norm? When I was looking at Solstice GXPs a while back it seemed that with a tune they were 13.3ish at best. I've only ever driven stock 2.0Ts, a verano turbo and 2014 Regal and I was unimpressed compared to even the non DI 3.6 sedans I've driven.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #32
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
They shouldn't have too much to say considering the turbo 4 will be faster than the 6 with just a tune.
This
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
I think it'll sell well.... lower insurance rates... better fuel economy and just as stylish... and aimed for those people who want a sports car and don't care for all the power...

smart move for chevy and the Camaro
Better EPA fuel economy numbers? Probably. But turbo'd engines are notorious for not meeting the estimate, especially when they are undersized for the car (such as a 2L engine in a ~3400 lb car).

Plus, the turbo4 takes premium while I think the LGX is supposed to take regular. If true, that would largely eliminate any fuel economy advantage that it gets.

I would not be surprised if it actually ends up costing less to fuel the V6 than the T4

Quote:
I think the T4 will appeal to more of a market because lets face it guys... we like to tinker and because this is already F.I. the mods are cheap and the capabilities are great for it... there is already a stg2 ECM tune for the Malibu to take it up to like 300hp and it's only like $700... maybe Cobb Tuning will expand their Access Ports and come out with something for the new generation of domestic F.I. tuners.

IMO also... this new T4 Camaro is the Cobalt SS and Saturn Redline Replacement since the Cruze is a failure in all aspects of the line expect for the 2.0 TDI which is still, meh.

I could see the new T4 with about $3500 in Bolton and tuning reaching up to 370-390hp numbers.

I come from the import F.I. world with my old DSM...

Intake - $300
TBE w/ Mani - $1500
Fuel Pump - $150
Injectors - $600
Map Tuning - $750

=$3300

and you just bumped your power by about 30-35%

just my .02
But how many people go out and buy a brand new base model to 'tinker' on? Tons will do that with the SS, and plenty will be modding their cars when they buy them used in a few years. But I don't see performance modders being a driving force in new car sales for base models.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #34
Castrosua

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
What will this do to the image though? Yes four bangers with turbos have become quite popular (no more Iron Dukes, which, I cant knock on them, They were tough reliable engines, I mean the Grumman LLV wasnt called Long Life Vehicle for nothing, and they had Iron Dukes)

But the third gen Camaros and Firebirds suffered from that bad Image that took near the end of the run to get away from (granted different tech back then and newly applied emissions etc etc)

Still, will this affect the image of the six?
1972 Lincoln Continental fully original down to paint
Castrosua is offline   Reply With Quote