Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
Mancha87

Drives: 86 Camaro Iroc-z/87 Trans Am GTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman1138 View Post
That is correct. In the negative thoughts.
Lol, Yeah I've been trolling.....

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Mancha87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:45 PM   #16
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancha87 View Post

Since I'm a prefectionist I would drive me insane if I bought a 16 & in two yrs the 18 is just wayyy better!

Unless the 16's design/drivetrain/interior simply blow me away, I will most likely just go for the 15 1le.

Also you guys are right those are not problems! lol

Just thing that I disliked, I stand corrected.

At the end of the day I just want the best product possible for the money I will be paying.
Well, don't buy a car than because cars are only getting better ! It's called improving! Name one model that didn't get better as the years went on?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #17
Mancha87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, don't buy a car than because cars are only getting better ! It's called improving! Name one model that didn't get better as the years went on?

Koni Yellow Shocks& Struts|UMI Rotojoint LCA's|UMI Adjustable Panhard Bar|17" Chrome Iroc Wheels|Bridgestone Potenza 245/45/17|Black Diamond Effect Paint|Pioneer Head Unit|Rockford Fosgate Amp|
Old 06-30-2014, 08:50 PM   #18
Mancha87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Exactly....

Aside from the thin paint...these are not problems. Just "wants" that you didn't have available to you (and weren't even thinking about at that time)

The real problems, were things like the battery cable that could be a fire issue (one of, if not THE first issue discovered and recalled for the 2010 Camaro), the bolts coming loose from the spoiler and dropping into the trunk, the first convertible tops leaking.....things like that.

Yes, you can expect those kinds of issues, and yes EVERY new car regardless of manufacturer goes through those kinds of growing pains. GM learns about them, and adjusts on the fly throughout the year. Will you likely be "safer" from issues with a 2nd or 3rd year 6th generation car? Likely so. But will that stop most from buying a first year? No way.

Oh...and one more thing....I think the 10 and 11 steering wheel looks better! (just not as comfortable to use the buttons!)

Sorry, but this thread is a bit useless, and could really go anywhere if you want to talk about potential issues.

If instead you'd like to list what you WANT in the first year 6th gen, a thread already exists for that.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:20 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Even the Corvette doesn't bring out the big guns in the first model year. If we only have to wait till the 2017 Model year for a ZL1 that will be a great improvement. Convertible in the first model year would be awesome and the Stingray was able to pull that off.
Well...I hope gm feels the pressure from dodge challenger hellcat and 2016 gt500 and brings it out first year...I wait patiently
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #20
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
1974 Mustang Cobra. I grew up in the late 70s when every year the cars kept getting worse. We have it so good now

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #21
seminolejon

Drives: 2011 2LS V6
I'll take my 2011 steering wheel all day over the newer ones. To each his own.
seminolejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancha87 View Post
Since I'm a prefectionist I would drive me insane if I bought a 16 & in two yrs the 18 is just wayyy better!

At the end of the day I just want the best product possible for the money I will be paying.
What products are currently being producing in Lansing (where Gen-6 will be assembled)?

What is the known quality of those vehicles?

Why would GM move Camaro there? To build the car at a lesser level, QC-wise, than what they already produce there?

From SOP, you can expect the Gen-6 Camaro to be as good as most anything else that is comparable.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Historically you won't see the highest performance variant lead the launch.

In the auto industry, launching a coupe with multiple trim levels and 2 powertrains is a very large and difficult task.

Look at the Corvette. C5 - coupe then convertible then the Z06. C6 - coupe, then convertible then Z06. C7 - coupe then convertible then Z06.

Camaro, at least the Gen5. Coupe then convertible then ZL1, then Z/28.

Just no track record that would indicate anything different. Sorry, but I don't expect that to change now.

As for LGR, you can check the repeated quality of the CTS, SRX (old RWD version), STS and now ATS. All are rock solid.

GM has two flagship assembly plants, Oshawa and LGR. You can simply go to your local Cadillac dealership and look over a CTS or ATS and see.

Now where are the engines, transmission, axles etc. manufactured? Different story, but the V6 and V8s will likely just come from where they do today. Other suppliers are now pretty much global in nature so depends on the sourcing strategy for any car going in to LGR.

Build quality will not be an issue any more or less than it was for Oshawa.

As for predicting what will go wrong on a design we haven't seen with engines that aren't known is pure conjecture......................which is ok because that's all we have right now.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #24
Mancha87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Historically you won't see the highest performance variant lead the launch.

In the auto industry, launching a coupe with multiple trim levels and 2 powertrains is a very large and difficult task.

Look at the Corvette. C5 - coupe then convertible then the Z06. C6 - coupe, then convertible then Z06. C7 - coupe then convertible then Z06.

Camaro, at least the Gen5. Coupe then convertible then ZL1, then Z/28.

Just no track record that would indicate anything different. Sorry, but I don't expect that to change now.

As for LGR, you can check the repeated quality of the CTS, SRX (old RWD version), STS and now ATS. All are rock solid.

GM has two flagship assembly plants, Oshawa and LGR. You can simply go to your local Cadillac dealership and look over a CTS or ATS and see.

Now where are the engines, transmission, axles etc. manufactured? Different story, but the V6 and V8s will likely just come from where they do today. Other suppliers are now pretty much global in nature so depends on the sourcing strategy for any car going in to LGR.

Build quality will not be an issue any more or less than it was for Oshawa.

As for predicting what will go wrong on a design we haven't seen with engines that aren't known is pure conjecture......................which is ok because that's all we have right now.
Awesome post!

Old 06-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #25
CarGarage

Drives: 2SS/RS,Wrangler,CTSVcoupe,viper,etc
Quote:
Camaro is just one example of a model that did not get better.

Got decisively worse.
Until the fifth generation.
CarGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:32 PM   #26
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
number 3 knows his shit, I 100% agree with his thinking......and they would never release the best model first. Remember people always wan the latest and greatest so why would they release the best first....
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #27
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
hey u want talk 6 gen problems here ya go.. 1 I don't know what it looks like. 2 see number 1. 3. I'm tired of waiting for see number 1 .. 4 . why can't Chevy consult me on the design? 5. you missed the obvious four cylinder debate ..BTW I hope the 4 doesn't beat my 6 in 0-60..

anyways sarcasm ends..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:36 AM   #28
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
Camaro is just one example of a model that did not get better.

Got decisively worse.
Until the fifth generation.
Wait. So I understand an Iroc Z gen 3 was better than a gen 4? Is this what you say?