Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #15
mjross

Drives: 2014 Vette Stingray,2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Take a look here...might be helpful....good luck.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...hlight=battery
Wow! After reading through the link above, there are more people confused about battery access than I thought. One person even accessed it through the back seats. After looking at the pics above I see the vague battery access opening panel, I think. I know that the pic is of a vert but I remember a similar indentation type thingy in my coupe. How in the hell do you remove the panel? I would never have guessed that that thingy was the battery access. Yeah! I’m saying WTF. Chevy really needs to make this a little more obvious. I do not remember even seeing anything in the manual. But that might be me just not paying attention.

Thanks everyone for your help. I think I know what I’m looking for now. I just need to figure out how to remove the panel. I really do not see a latch, attachment or whatever. Nonetheless, the next time I’m near my car, I’ll try to find the access. Hey! I’ll go to the Chevy dealer tomorrow morning and see if they even know how to access the battery. Maybe I can teach them something...

Thanks again for the help!
mjross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:08 PM   #16
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
you put your fingers in those little indentations, grab and pull on it. That’s all there is to it. And people says it’s small. I don’t think a small ....it’s a perfect way to get to the negative battery cable, which is all you need to disconnect the car. And I don’t see that it’s that hard to take the battery out. Mines been out three or four times. It’s four or five push poppers, that whole panel comes off, and you yank the battery out.

GM does not make this car for the weekend hobbyist to work on. It is a fully integrated car that they never expect you to have to get to the battery. You can jump from the front.Sorry, but that’s the way all cars are made these days. Unless you want to buy some type of kit car.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #17
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
It takes me maybe 2 minutes to remove the panel and with a 1/4" drive and a 10mm socket to loosen the negative cable enough to remove it and drop it down to the side of the battery.

Now remember, once you do this to not shut the trunk fully otherwise you will be locked out of the trunk unless you pop the cover off of the drivers side door handle and use the key in your fob to get inside of the car. Then you will need to pull the rear seat down and reach in to pull the manual trunk release.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #18
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
And I don’t see that it’s that hard to take the battery out. Mines been out three or four times. It’s four or five push poppers, that whole panel comes off, and you yank the battery out.
Push poppers or trees? I fought tooth and nail because mine were in like the dickens...maybe different on a vert, I can't say, but those babies did not want to come out.. (I was using trim tools and moved to pliers).The plan is to change those suckers out this weekend (storage)
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote