Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-24-2017, 11:12 PM   #4271
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
Last night I wired in a flasher for the 3rd brake light. Now, when the brake lights come on, the 3rd brake light flashes 4 times before going to a steady light.
I would love to do that. The way these morons tailgate these days.

How did you do it? Parts needed? Thanks
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 01:39 AM   #4272
KLG

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper16 View Post
I would love to do that. The way these morons tailgate these days.

How did you do it? Parts needed? Thanks
The module I installed came from either American Muscle or Late Model Restorations and it was for a 2010-2014 Mustang...Yes I know...It was a module I had on hand that I had removed from my GT500 before I sold it (several years ago), so I thought I would put it to use. I cut off the Ford connectors and soldered it into the Camaro's wiring harness going to the 3rd brake light. Put heat shrink tubing over all the connections and it almost looked factory. Since it was for a mustang, I had to confirm voltages and polarity before making the final connections.

Anyway, check online for a kit. You might luck out and find one that is plug and play for a Camaro. Otherwise, a universal kit will work. I noticed Amazon sells these modules, but I did not see any specific for our cars.

To access the wiring harness you need to remove the cover on the inside of the trunk lid. Remove the 7 trim panel push-pins and the trunk latch's plastic cover and the trunk lid cover comes right off. The push-pins are tough to extract, so you may want to have some spares, (pins for a 1/4" hole worked fine for me).

--KLG--
2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.

Last edited by KLG; 11-25-2017 at 02:36 AM.
KLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:54 AM   #4273
KLG

This evening, I installed ZL1addons front and rear deluxe rock guards. For the rear, it was a little more trouble than I expected. No matter how I had the spacers arranged, the spacers were either too short or too long, so I used a few small stainless steel fender washers along with the spacers to get the guards lined up. The front guards went on very easily, but, I can see the edge of the double sided adhesive tape in a few areas.

Difficult to see the guards against the black rims.

I also removed the SS badge from the front grill. Now the only badges are the front and rear bowties.

--KLG--
Attached Images

2016 2SS Convertible; SIM; Black & Ceramic White interior; M6; NPP; DD LED side marker lamps & back-up lamps; LED trunk lamps, license plate lamps & front T/S lamps; 3rd brake light pulser; Skip-shift eliminator; Borla s-type non-npp axle backs; Weather-Tech floor mats, trunk mat, rear license plate frame/cover; GM fuel door; ZL1addons rock guards; Removed fender badges, front & rear SS badges; JLT CAI, tune, oil separator; RP Synchromax in transmission; RP MaxGear in rear differential; GM Lowering Suspension Upgrade; Dimple oil filter magnets & magnetic oil drain plug; 3M Ceramic window tint.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:37 PM   #4274
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLG View Post
This evening, I installed ZL1addons front and rear deluxe rock guards. For the rear, it was a little more trouble than I expected. No matter how I had the spacers arranged, the spacers were either too short or too long, so I used a few small stainless steel fender washers along with the spacers to get the guards lined up. The front guards went on very easily, but, I can see the edge of the double sided adhesive tape in a few areas.

Difficult to see the guards against the black rims.

I also removed the SS badge from the front grill. Now the only badges are the front and rear bowties.

--KLG--

I thought the same thing about the spacers, but after playing with it, they're supposed to be short like that. When you tighten them down, the guard bends and curls inward towards the top. Actually works pretty cool. The issue I had was the hole that screws into the fender liner. I used a nylon backer to add more strength and material to screw into.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #4275
KLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgocifer View Post
I thought the same thing about the spacers, but after playing with it, they're supposed to be short like that. When you tighten them down, the guard bends and curls inward towards the top. Actually works pretty cool. The issue I had was the hole that screws into the fender liner. I used a nylon backer to add more strength and material to screw into.
You may have a point. I do not recall anyone else mentioning this issue. When I pull the rear wheels for the next tire rotation, I may take another look at it.

Thanks.

--KLG--
Old 11-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #4276
HYPER1LE

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE HBM
Installed new accessories

Had some new Chevrolet Camaro accessories today: heritage grille along with custom-painted parts by River City Creations ("transformer-style" bow ties front and rear to match wheel center caps), shifter bezel, and "swivel-pattern" engine plenum cover (to go along with fuel rail covers from previous post). Just about finished with appearance mods. Just waiting for C7 Carbon satin-black ZL1-style rockers already ordered.
Attached Images

HYPER1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 08:48 AM   #4277
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Bought it
Attached Images

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #4278
majik755

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS Fiftieth Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
Bought it
Congrats
majik755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:12 PM   #4279
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Well done congratulations and welcome to the club.
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #4280
Fifty SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS FIFTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyboy01438 View Post
Bought it
Awesome; congrats!
2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe - FIFTY #299; H50, M5U, NPP, RIK. Purchased 22Feb17.
Fifty SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:46 PM   #4281
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
Had some new Chevrolet Camaro accessories today: heritage grille along with custom-painted parts by River City Creations ("transformer-style" bow ties front and rear to match wheel center caps), shifter bezel, and "swivel-pattern" engine plenum cover (to go along with fuel rail covers from previous post). Just about finished with appearance mods. Just waiting for C7 Carbon satin-black ZL1-style rockers already ordered.
How big are the ZL1 1LE wheels?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #4282
HYPER1LE

The wheels on my car you see in the pics are MRR M017 (ZL1 1LE-style) rather than OEM, and a considerable amount less. I sourced this wheel and tire set through PK Auto Design in Sylmar, CA. You can get them in either 19" or 20" diameter sizes and various widths. I have 19x10 on the front and 19x11 on the rear. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 285/35ZR19.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #4283
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPER1LE View Post
The wheels on my car you see in the pics are MRR M017 (ZL1 1LE-style) rather than OEM, and a considerable amount less. I sourced this wheel and tire set through PK Auto Design in Sylmar, CA. You can get them in either 19" or 20" diameter sizes and various widths. I have 19x10 on the front and 19x11 on the rear. The tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 285/35ZR19.
So they're cast then, not forged?
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:50 AM   #4284
HYPER1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
So they're cast then, not forged?
Per MRR, they are flow-formed, which is in between cast and forged.