Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2023, 03:24 PM   #43
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
I see a lot of 5.0 mustangs on the road. Can't believe people are paying 50k $.

Last edited by Gen6cyl; 04-06-2023 at 05:36 PM.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 03:28 PM   #44
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
yes, to the last two posts. the mustang is number 1 in sales at the moment and it's selling about 72K a year. to put that into perspective when the Camaro and Firebird were cancelled in 2002 they were selling 75K combined.
so the segment as a whole is about 40-50k below what it was in 2002 when it was considered bad.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:46 PM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan47717 View Post
All you have to do is watch any Mecum or Barrett Jackson auction to see the problem. Special edition Mustang of every conceivable type, right up to the current model year, sold at ridiculous prices. Camaros, yawn, nothing except an occasional modded car, nothing commissioned or sanctioned by GM.

GM is only selling Camaros to existing Camaro owners because they aren't making the slightest attempt to create any new ones. You can't blame the demise of the car on the lack of customers when you have made it clear you don't even care about the ones you have or even delivering cars you have built and sold (buying a 2022 last year was like going on an endless snipe hunt).
Not quite sure I understand your point. GM designed the car FOR existing Camaro owners. It was never intended to capture new customers or expand the Camaro. To do that it needed broader appeal and it just isn’t that kind of car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
I was not an existing Camaro buyer and an eventually chose to order 6th gen for its manual transmission, customizability (e.g. choose your spoiler, choose your decal, choose your seats), 2+2 as opposed to 2-seater, healthy horsepower and torque (even on base models), and relative affordability, as well as a better inventory situation then the gr86 or Z as I didn't want to wait 12 months for a new car.

So increased marketing would definitely help increase sales, though i'll admit if it didn't have a manual option it would never have even crossed my mind to buy one.
Yes, there are many on this site that love their car and about 25,000 or so that loved it enough to buy one. It’s a great car, particularly with a V8 under the hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
The Mustang coupe is going to die too. Coupes just don’t sell anymore. I’m not going to get into why because that will cause a ****storm but people don’t want/can’t buy them anymore.
Yep but they at least get one more generation of ICE. We get to wait for 3 or 4 years.
Old 04-07-2023, 10:59 AM   #46
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
I agree with everyone else about this article. It's pure BS. I have a 2016 2LT RS purchased in January 2016 and except for the routine maintenance I have not had a single issue about this car mentioned in the article. I have been driving for over 50 years and this car has been the most dependable car I have ever owned.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:26 AM   #47
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post
I agree with everyone else about this article. It's pure BS. I have a 2016 2LT RS purchased in January 2016 and except for the routine maintenance I have not had a single issue about this car mentioned in the article. I have been driving for over 50 years and this car has been the most dependable car I have ever owned.
The only widespread issues on the SS were the slow crank/hot start and A8 transmission shudder, which plagued many GM vehicles, including the C7 Corvette. Overall the Camaro is a well built, reliable vehicle.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 11:38 AM   #48
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Not quite sure I understand your point. GM designed the car FOR existing Camaro owners. It was never intended to capture new customers or expand the Camaro. To do that it needed broader appeal and it just isn’t that kind of car.
Agreed, there was no pent up demand or Transformer movies like there was for the Gen 5. The Gen 6 is a much better vehicle than the Gen 5 but Dodge had the broader appeal with all the advertising, Challenger and Charger options if you needed 4 doors, tons of trim levels and packages to customize your ride. Narrow body, wide body, shaker hood, tons of colors, roomy interior and trunk. The Camaro is much lighter and handles better but when 98% of drivers are stuck driving in city street traffic it doesn't really matter.

The Camaro fans bought the Camaro for the right reasons but there are just not that many of us to support continued production. Also factor in that vehicles are super expensive now so most can't afford to spend $50k+ for a non-practical vehicle, which is why pickups and SUVs sell so well.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote