Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2016, 08:41 PM   #29
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Buy it back for 1700!!!! It's what everyone saying not to do it would actually do if it was them. They're just jealous they don't have that kind of luck. But ask a lawyer for sure
Jealous of what?????? I hardly believe that is why people are telling this guy not to get this car back .Maybe some are just giving honest advise and don't want this guy to get into something he doesn't want to get involved in. One would have to be a fool to buy this car back not knowing why it is where it is and why this person never changed the title.
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 05:52 AM   #30
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Obviously, no one here knows exactly what you can legally do. Let the lawyer advise you and have him/her handle the resolution of this. Since you have signed over the title, I'm pretty sure you will be free and clear of any responsibility provided the current issue is legally resolved by your lawyer.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:46 AM   #31
HuJass

Drives: GM
What if it was a military member and he got called up to service right after he bought the car?
You probably have a bill of sale. And the buyer should have a copy, too.

Don't touch this thing until you talk to a lawyer and the buyer or a member of the buyer's family.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:51 AM   #32
orbitearl

Drives: 2010 r/s switchblade metalic
Do contact your lawyer for an opinion but don't neglect to research it yourself because lawyers do not always know the law, especially in other states. Contact the law enforcement agency in the county where the vehicle is currently located and ask if the shop is a reputable shop, to make sure they aren't trying to scam you. Find out local laws on abandonment of property. You might be able to pay the bill and put the car in storage in that area then post a notice in the legal section of the paper. After a certain time, the property is yours if no one replies. Not sure if it would work in this case. That's where the lawyer comes in, to search for precedents. The man who bought the car could be dead, deported, on the run, in jail...
orbitearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:10 AM   #33
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Someone given the car did not take the time or money to change the title a must, you obviously have the bill of sale. Leaving the car in your name you could reclaim the car for whatever repairs done then sit on the car you sold and what take it hostage if they come back to look for it..... NO it would be still your car and your protecting their and your interest as you were lead of course to believe hey its to have the title changed ASAP which many do not do especially if they have a lack of a license or other issues......

You may get lucky on this one and the title may never resurface with a claim against it, you may have the first ever reverse repair car scam where the new owner now claims the car stolen by you and the repairs unwanted and paid for by you are not his problem: about .000005 percent chance IMO... once I had mercury cougar later 70s with a ford 400..stupid leaky valley cover I had to address right away after buying it and traded it for a 76 buick regal with T-tops to the same lot straight across after immediate repairs to the Cougar, many months later I got a call saying it was found on the roadside dead literally... I told the police its not mine. Now to absolve yourself of this situation you really have no legal course IMO but to let it go to auction where you could try to buy it rather than play a speculative game about if breaking bad bozo is the driver or coyote sam, or some dumb broke idiot without a license which most likely is the case and they wanted to drive on your tags and then had a problem which you can determine and that's when the money got tight...... or they flaked back off to Saudi land etc... I do not know how that would work if you could make a deal with the auction being is that your the registered owner due to default and pay just the repair bill and fees for the auction house to repo the car yourself due to owner disregard to transfer the title..and if you had any legal standing...that's something you have to research. There is so many possibilities, maybe the drivers waiting for you to pay for the repairs because he thinks you owe him and they never contacted you.... and is broke...who has someone else pay for a car for them that's a boss.... let alone maybe they lost their job... Its any ones guess.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:15 AM   #34
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
If the car is still in your name, it's your car. I'd go get it.

I "gave" a car to one of my kids, she drove it for a few months and then traded it for drugs. (long story)
I got a call from the police that it had been abandoned in the middle of the street and they were trying to figure out what was up with it.. She had never re-registered it like I had asked her to and given her money to do..
Long story short, no matter what had transpired, it was still my car, it was in my name, and I was responsible for it.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #35
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Back in 92 I had a 81 Horizon winter beater. I was rear ended and the 4 door was made into a 2 door. It was towed to a lot and in liu of storage fees, I signed the title over to the towing company and took my little corner with their signature with me. About two weeks later, I got a call from the St. Paul police saying someone driving my car was in an accident and was charged with DUI. Since I had an attorney from the accident as the driver was uninsured and I was injured, he said that even if title is not transferred and I had my corner of the title with the signature on it, that absolves me from any liability.
In your case, if title was handed over and you have the buyers signature, you no longer own the car even if the title is not transferred. I would steer clear of your old car in this case. You would open up an even bigger can of worms.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:33 PM   #36
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Maybe see if the guy you sold it to has passed away....something may have happened to him.
Just a few months ago, I looked into a car I had noticed in a parking lot that had not moved for quite a few days. A little Internet research later, holy smokes, I discovered that the owner had been killed in a weird hit and run accident a few miles away... and nobody knew where her car was.

The story had a few other odd twists to it, and I ended up on the local news once it all started coming together.

So, yeah... this stuff DOES happen.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #37
cb66

Drives: 13 2SS/RS HWSE Camaro # 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
Back in 92 I had a 81 Horizon winter beater. I was rear ended and the 4 door was made into a 2 door. It was towed to a lot and in liu of storage fees, I signed the title over to the towing company and took my little corner with their signature with me. About two weeks later, I got a call from the St. Paul police saying someone driving my car was in an accident and was charged with DUI. Since I had an attorney from the accident as the driver was uninsured and I was injured, he said that even if title is not transferred and I had my corner of the title with the signature on it, that absolves me from any liability.
In your case, if title was handed over and you have the buyers signature, you no longer own the car even if the title is not transferred. I would steer clear of your old car in this case. You would open up an even bigger can of worms.
Exactly right!
Roto Fab CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder series exhaust , Elite Engineering catch can, Range AFM delete ,Oracle LED side marker lights ,Plasma LED DRL Lights & harness, LED License Plate bulbs, Xpel Ultimate paint protection film.
cb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:01 PM   #38
Irace16

Drives: 2010 1SS RS M6
[QUOTEwho's boss buys them a Camaro? LOL[/QUOTE]

Mine did
Old 02-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #39
dvision

Drives: 2013 ZL1

In my state the buyer could not transfer the title when the signature for transfer is over 2 years old. So he would have to contact you even if he does surface.
dvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:16 AM   #40
Karlito

Drives: 5.7 Z28 2dr red Coupe (2001)
Do you have any way of contacting the buyer? The name of the firm that apparently bought it for him? His name? Would be good to ask him first I reckon
Old 02-29-2016, 07:40 AM   #41
NJ-ZL1

Drives: Camaro ZL1
the guy obviously doesnt want the car. its in your name so go get it and if they then contact you then work it out. Until then enjoy your car.
NJ-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:36 AM   #42
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Hopefully OP contacted a lawyer and figured out what to do.

I want an update!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote