Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #1
jas121990
vroom vroom party starter

Drives: 2010 6.2
Cool Help me out gear heads! Engine Problem

What would cause my o2 sensors to run my engine half lean half rich.

download on the car, cold air, bigger cam, complete SLP exhaust, and 90 throttle body spacer. its been tuned. it was a v6 I dropped a 6.2 in it. bought a wrecked ss swapped EVER thing over to my v6 body and it actually was a shit ton easier then everyone has lead me on to believe. the car was an automatic I put a manual in SUPER easy bolt holes were already there (kinda) as for everything else the Camaro having sub-frames made work quick and easy I was done in one day.

onto the problem now
car has been running good for a little while wasn't getting the right amount of fuel it needed so I went ahead and put the v8 fuel pump, tank, and regulator on. car ran like a raped ape it was fun. BUT a few hours after I did all the gas stuff, car started running like crap bad went into limp body (reduced power) something is causing the O2's to throw more fuel to one side of my engine and starve the other side of fuel

WHAT could cause this. I've looked for ****ed up wires cant find any ive changed out the drivers side O2 sensor no fix I thought maybe the wiring got swapped around so I flipped them over no fix even changed the other O2 on the passenger side with the o2 I took out from the driver side no fix I talked to my tuner dude and he side what ever it is isn't not in the tune

now the ecm is off of a pick up truck but the part number I set into the company they said it would work but I would have to flash it we did that changed everything that needed changed (throttle position bunch of other shit) now I am no genius at these LS motors I'm really just getting into this motor its fun but I need some help any advice would be MUCH appreciated.

I don't need the OMG you dare upgrade motors or the Should have traded in it for a v8. cause it really wasn't that expensive ive got like a little more then 3k into this swap and i did the work it wasn't that hard.

Last edited by jas121990; 07-24-2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: pic is to big
jas121990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #2
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
is the harness swapped left to right, thinks its pulling fuel from the left but it is actually reading right, then that sensor sees fuel drop on the right and tries to add fuel but is actually the left, so that sensor sees a fuel drop and tries to add more, repeat...

its confused me lol.... Man i'm tired... re read your post and you tried that... there are 4 sensors though, i'll assume the rear 2 are deleted.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 10:27 AM   #3
jas121990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
is the harness swapped left to right, thinks its pulling fuel from the left but it is actually reading right, then that sensor sees fuel drop on the right and tries to add fuel but is actually the left, so that sensor sees a fuel drop and tries to add more, repeat...

its confused me lol.... Man i'm tired... re read your post and you tried that... there are 4 sensors though, i'll assume the rear 2 are deleted.
yea the rears are deleted
Old 08-02-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
Since it initially worked my thought is try and check the fuel pressure both sides. may be something as simple as an obstruction, or the fuel pump is not giving you what you need. may have picked up something in the tank you bought and installed . Check the filter obviously as well.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:40 AM   #5
jas121990

Problem solved ground wire was broke in side the insulation for the o2 sensor