Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-27-2016, 11:13 AM   #57
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Why don't you supercharge ur car Zack?
Old 07-27-2016, 11:31 AM   #58
Hyper RS

Drives: '19 Corvette Stingray Convertible
Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's......You can't always get what you want...you get what you need! A V6 is more than adequate for the street or a DD. I have one on order now and I an normally a strict V8 guy.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:50 AM   #59
DeliveryMan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Seriously man, just stop it. Because if you got the SS you may have been saying I should have spent less and got the LT.
Enjoy the 2LT RS for a few years then get the SS. The 2LT RS is a bad ass car.

I had a 2014 LT 3.6ltr V6- great car, no doubt. Ofcourse I like the 2016 SS better, but that is also because of the smaller size and the better interior and tech.

Maybe I'll see you around NE Ohio! take care!

Last edited by DeliveryMan; 07-27-2016 at 12:10 PM.
DeliveryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #60
pdrumans

Drives: 2LT Red Hot 2.0t
I wish I would have spent the extra on the package with the Lane change warning and rear sensors. other than that and even without the package, I am happy.
pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #61
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
I bought the car that I could afford right now, and i love it. I needed a reliable vehicle since my 15 year old truck is a 15 year old truck.

When I was 16 my mom gave me one of these that she won brand new in a sales contest/bonus (exactly like this):

It was a badass car. But my new V6 would beat it!

Yes my next one will be an SS- but it will be a track car
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #62
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
Seriously man, just stop it. Because if you got the SS you may have been saying I should have spent less and got the LT.
Enjoy the 2LT RS for a few years then get the SS. The 2LT RS is a bad ass car.
BTW you can still get the NPP (dual mode exhaust), so I am not sure how that is a problem. (The Dual mode exhaust can be added, just buy it and install it- problem solved)

I had a 2014 LT 3.6ltr V6- great car, no doubt. Ofcourse I like the 2016 SS better, but that is also because of the smaller size and the better interior and tech.

Maybe I'll see you around NE Ohio! take care!
Not true NPP. Tried to get my dealer to install it after they said 'no problem'. No go. NPP is a factory install ONLY. You can get the look, but not control over the sound (unless you use electric cutouts which isn't the same as the control you get with a factory install). Many threads about this.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:07 PM   #63
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP some advice. Love the one you're with. It can happen, give it time.

I went from 675 and 580 HP crank fifth gens. I miss the 580 a little and the 675 not so much.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #64
DeliveryMan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hyper16, thanks for the info. I was unaware of that about the NPP.
DeliveryMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #65
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
Hyper16, thanks for the info. I was unaware of that about the NPP.
You're welcome. My dealer assured me they could install it (somewhere on some obscure document it says it is a dealer installed option - WHICH IT ISN'T). They ordered the exhaust and then contacted GM for instructions on how to install it (computer link, software update, etc.). GM said no no no no. Can't do that. So, then they tried to talk me into the 'performance exhaust'. I said no thank you and went a different route.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #66
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
It's funny, not a single person has said scrap that piece of junk and buy a real car! And the reason for that is no one else's opinion matters but yours so even if they did Don't let anyone dictate what you do. It's not their car. Remember that.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #67
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
I bought the car that I could afford right now, and i love it. I needed a reliable vehicle since my 15 year old truck is a 15 year old truck.

When I was 16 my mom gave me one of these that she won brand new in a sales contest/bonus (exactly like this):

It was a badass car. But my new V6 would beat it!

Yes my next one will be an SS- but it will be a track car
Nice!!!!!!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:25 PM   #68
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Of course, I could always try this...........................................
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:27 PM   #69
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
My perspective is that when it comes to some things, buy what you want. If you like the Camaro and want a V8 and buy a V6 you'll regret it some. On the flip side, realize that many out there want a Camaro and don't have one, so even a V6 Camaro (which is no wimp BTW) makes them green with envy.

I want a Camaro like nobody's business, but I'm going to wait until about this time next year, mainly to save up a big down payment (50%) and to see possibly what 2018 models have to offer. Mine will be a V8 because one thing life has taught me is to not settle for something else when what you really want is within reach, even if you have to wait and work for it.

I've seen V6 6th Gen's on the road and trust me, I wish I were driving that instead of my truck! So keep things in perspective!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:35 PM   #70
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
I'm right there with you. I had a couple 4th gen z28s and loved them. Of course this V6 is just as fast and so much nicer - better handling - much more refined. I love it. I live in the city and my average speed in the car is 17 mph (according to the computer). I love the sound at full throttle around 5000 rpm's and do a full throttle 2nd & 3rd gear pull pretty much every day on an onramp. Definitely a fun and fast car.

BUT! I miss the torque of a V8. The V6 just doesn't plant you in your seat the way a V8 does. It isn't violent acceleration. It's a more linear power application.

So I'm right there with you. I kind of wish I had the V8. But, I'm also completely satisfied with this car the way it is. I know that I have no need for the V8 - especially in my daily driver. Unsure what I will do long term, but for now I'm going to enjoy this car.

I really love the hyper blue and the garnet red as well. So the only solution I can see at this point would be to get 2 more camaro's.