Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #43
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiBlueCamaro View Post
OP if you buy the Camaro V8 guess what the Corvette is faster, better looking etc........
Oh no!, now the dilemma: ZL1 or Corvette???

LOL, Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #44
TMasticTB91
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
The important thing is liking what you have. Some people go through life dreaming about what they want instead of enjoying what they already have. Be thankful for what you have been given in life.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:48 AM   #45
Goodheart

Drives: 2017 50th SS Vert
I had the same kind of remorse back when I bought my 2010 2LT/RS. I made the mistake of changing my mind about the LT 6 months later, longing for a SS and paid a high price financially to get it. I ended up trading it in a year later. I really loved my LT because I chose the options and placed the order. It was like taking delivery of a baby. It just didn't feel the same with the SS. I wish I had kept the LT because it would have made a great companion to go along with my 2017 50th Ann Convertible.

In any case, I agree with everyone here. This car has special meaning to you and your family. Enjoy it and grab an SS in the next iteration.
Goodheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #46
2ssconvert

Drives: 2 SS Blue Velvet Convertible
Love what you got! There will always better a better version. You will get an SS and then wish you had a ZL1, then a Z28....and in my experience most of those differences come down to stats on paper. Most people will never see the limits of what these cars are capable of, even on a track. Buy what you can afford, enjoy it, drive it like you stole it and have fun!
2ssconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:16 AM   #47
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
No regrets. Except for leather, but that's an expensive option.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:25 AM   #48
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Hey Zach Just don't make sure your the first one for a 7th Gen
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:28 AM   #49
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
Buyer's remorse is the sense of regret after having made a purchase. It is frequently associated with the purchase of an expensive item such as a car or house. It may stem from fear of making the wrong choice, guilt over extravagance, or a suspicion of having been overly influenced by the seller.

I truly love my 2016 2LT RS V6. It is my first Camaro. Long time fan of the car going back to the 2nd GEN in the 1970s, the IROC series back in the 1980s and so forth. BEST car I have ever owned. I get so many looks and compliments about my car, I have never been so happy with any purchase in my life. When I ordered the car I just felt that being my first Camaro I wanted to play it safe with the power of the new 6th gen (V6) but more importantly, the total cost of the car. I had to set limits. But, now owning the car for 7 months, Unfortunately, a little buyers remorse has settled in. I Kinda wished I got the 2SS.

I know my 2LT V6 RS is a fast car. A lot faster than most cars on the road. I keep looking at the facts, 0-60 with the automatic 5.1 seconds and just 1.1 seconds behind the 2016 SS. (4.0 seconds). 13.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile compared to 12.3 seconds for the SS. I have put as much mods on my car as I possibly can. (front splitter, rear blade spoiler, splash guards, window tint, black bowties, etc.) I just wish I would've got the NPP exhaust!!!!!

So, all in all not too shabby. I am already counting down the days or more like 3 (three) years before I can trade up to the V8 model. So, in the meantime I will just enjoy my badazz ride.

Anybody else have a little buyers remorse settling in?
I wish I would have gotten a 1SS and ditched MRC and NPP.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #50
vam5555

Drives: 2017 2SS 6mt, garnet red
I think we've all felt that way at one time or another. I know I did after a ribwich.
Attached Images

vam5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #51
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Zack....I was right there following you when you ordered the car, and your excitement level was about as high as anyones lol.

Don't forget that. Don't let the thought of possibly owning an SS someday make you have any regrets.

I had a 5th gen V6. I made it my own with plenty of visual mods, but also I had several performance mods. It was a fun and quick car....not a V8 of course, but quicker than most cars on the road. That said, it was better looking than 90% of any other 5th gen Camaro on the road in my area. I constantly got compliments on that car, and I wouldn't have traded it straight up for just any SS even though I was craving a little more performance at times.

Now that I own the SS...I love it. The power and the sound is just incredible. Its more of less my poor man's dream car lol. Want to know the reality of it all?? The reality is that I'll never use all of that performance. In my old car, I could have fun jumping on the gas and enjoying a few moments of WOT fun. In this car, I can't go WOT without being up to jail-time speeds within seconds. Do you plan to take the car to the 1/4 mile strip, or to a race track or auto-x track perhaps? If so, well then I'd say that's all the more reason to get the SS. If its only going to be used as a sporty, good looking cruiser, the non-SS versions are more than enough. I went with the 1SS b/c I was going to be spending near the same coin on the V6 I wanted, so that said I made the jump.

If you haven't yet, you might consider getting just a couple light performance mods on your car to help change the attitude a bit. Now I know there isn't much of a performance mods market for the V6, but I'd be looking at an air intake, a ported throttle body, and if not a tune (to keep your warranty), a Vitesse throttle controller. Once you wake up the throttle response on the V6, it really makes the car that much better. Won't really make it much if any faster, but more satisfying for sure. I had a tune on my V6 that did the same, and it was pretty great.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:43 AM   #52
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Separate point. They say 10% more is all you ever need :(
I had a 2002 V6 and 2014 V6 and was always yearning for a v8, mainly because of how much better everyone told me they are.. I finally bought a 2016 V8 as a sobriety gift for myself and in my opinion it isn't THAT much better a car. People say it has a lot more torque down low, and it does, but the v6 does too. Unless you are looking for the V8 sound, it really isn't that big a difference(depending on your driving style).
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #53
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
If you buy a SS, you will then want a ZL1, then a Z28, etc...it will never end, lol! There will always be something "better" or faster, or more power. Be happy with what you have and drive it, have fun with it! I would love a ZL1, but honestly it is really too much power, really impractical for me, and not worth the extra $25K or so over my SS. I would rather wait until the next gen comes out to upgrade, enjoy the hell out of the car and not take a huge hit in depreciation. Just my 2 cents.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:51 AM   #54
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
just curious if you've seen the black SS here in Parker? I just seen it again today on Ridgegate coming opposite direction...just a beast of a car. Havent seen any hyper blue...you should go to cars and coffee down by Lowes, at the Vehicle Vault. every second Saturday of the month.

sorry off topic...
I have! I pulled up next to him on parker road.. no acknowledgement. Ridgegate's construction has me avoiding that area now usually also lol. Good suggestion on cars and coffee... had NO idea it was at that lowes on 20mile
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:59 AM   #55
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
I know that I'll get flamed for this, but I have buyer's remorse in the opposite direction. I have a 11 second car that cannot be used on the street for what it is intended for. I don't really go to the track that often since I live in the FL heat. I drove the turbo and plan on driving the V6. I just might consider going to the V6 or turbo and save a few dollars a month when it works in my favor.

My favorite GM car? Our new 16 2LZ Malibu with the 2.0 turbo. Best car I've ever owned. Quick enough to get up on the interstate and still fun enough to drive in the stop and go traffic of our town. Very comfortable and roomy on long drives.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #56
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
I wish I had waited for the 50th Anniversary model.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote