Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #1
mk-80

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Removing my catch can, whats the part number for the pcv tube that should go back on?

Went to my local dealer and the parts guy refused to give me a part number for the pcv tube. He said it was on back order, so they dont even have it here, but wtf is that with not being allowed to give a part number...talk about stealership.
mk-80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I kept mine in case I ever needed it (2019 SS). The part number on the part itself says: 12629757.

i'll post a pic in a few.

Name:  IMG-20200822-143317844.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  52.8 KB

Name:  IMG-20200822-143326378.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  51.0 KB

hope that helps.

Last edited by KenMaro; 08-22-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: adding images
KenMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk-80 View Post
Went to my local dealer and the parts guy refused to give me a part number for the pcv tube. He said it was on back order, so they dont even have it here, but wtf is that with not being allowed to give a part number...talk about stealership.

That's because he/she is not google. Dealers don't like to "give" numbers out for liability but mostly because they know people call to waste their time to get a # just so they can save $4 on eBay or Rockauto and give some other blow the business. I've had people tell me they will wait 2 weeks for ground shipping to save $6 when I could have had it the next day.

And I don't blame them one bit for doing it. The dealer has to pay the parts staff, pay GM/Snapon for access to the catalog (which is NOT cheap), pay for their computer system, stock all the parts they need to, etc. Why should they play Google and give out a # just to lose a sale?

Also, if your dealer was charging MSRP, they aren't a "stealership". If the place marked it up over MSRP? Yea that is a stealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
That's because he/she is not google. Dealers don't like to "give" numbers out for liability but mostly because they know people call to waste their time to get a # just so they can save $4 on eBay or Rockauto and give some other blow the business. I've had people tell me they will wait 2 weeks for ground shipping to save $6 when I could have had it the next day.

And I don't blame them one bit for doing it. The dealer has to pay the parts staff, pay GM/Snapon for access to the catalog (which is NOT cheap), pay for their computer system, stock all the parts they need to, etc. Why should they play Google and give out a # just to lose a sale?

Also, if your dealer was charging MSRP, they aren't a "stealership". If the place marked it up over MSRP? Yea that is a stealership.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:44 PM   #5
mk-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I kept mine in case I ever needed it (2019 SS). The part number on the part itself says: 12629757.

Attachment 1042015

Attachment 1042016

hope that helps.
Is that the correct one? Doesnt it go from the driver side valve cover area to the front of the motor? My catch can is connected in both of those areas so I assume the tube I need should go from that to the front?

****nevermind looks like it is the right one, thank you. Sorry bought the car with it so I didnt know how it was attached exactly. Thanks for the help
Old 08-24-2020, 05:26 AM   #6
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post

I listen to our parts guys dealing with this daily.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 11:09 AM   #7
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
most if not all of the "gm parts" stores online are dealership service departments.

If someone is willing to save 4 bucks going somewhere else when they're already at your "location" ...and even willing to wait longer for the thing they're purchasing ...That seems to tell me more about their perception of your service not being worth that money than it does about how much better those other services are.

I've (like most people here) have purchased from these website that are just dealerships and from ebay. I've gone to ebay in situations where the dealership refused to sell the part without going to the dealership in person. Or in the rare occasions where a used part is ok, or lack of availability. But i'm not strapped for cash enough to make a couple bucks worth the risk of getting a non-new or incorrect/damaged part if it's available on the gm parts sites. Some people are. But you can be sure, being unhelpful is a great way to ensure less business by those people in the future. Not potentially more when they feel they can afford to or even when they need to. I know i'd sooner goto an independent mechanic than a dealership that acted like part numbers were trade secrets when i needed one.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 12:11 PM   #8
RWT

Drives: 2020 Camaro RS
If any dealership thinks they are going to keep customers and beat the competition by keeping part numbers secret, they don't deserve the business.

They don't understand that consumers don't care how much it cost the dealership to run their business, they care about how much it cost for their part(s). When someone says they are willing to wait 2 weeks to save six bucks, it tells the dealership that they are going to buy that part somewhere. Now it's on the dealership to make it just as beneficial, or more so, to buy the part from them. I have to think a parts manager would have shaved 6 bucks (or $4) off the part to make the sale. Again if not, he doesn't deserve the business. If they want to thrive, or survive, they have to learn to compete.

How did the parts guy keeping the part number a secret from the OP help the dealership? Did it increase sales? Did it help the parts department run more efficiently? Did it put the dealership in a good light? Did it even stop the OP from buying elsewhere? The answer is, no. It didn't serve any benefit to the consumer, parts department or the dealership.

Stunts like withholding part numbers just show a lack of business acumen.

JMHO
No expertise implied or expressed

2020 Camaro RS, V6, 6MT, Satin Steel
2020 Silverado, 5.3L CC, RST, Z71, Shadow Gray
2019 Equinox LS, 1.5L Turbo, Nightfall Gray Metallic

Last edited by RWT; 08-24-2020 at 12:32 PM.
RWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #9
mk-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWT View Post
If any dealership thinks they are going to keep customers and beat the competition by keeping part numbers secret, they don't deserve the business.

They don't understand that consumers don't care how much it cost the dealership to run their business, they care about how much it cost for their part(s). When someone says they are willing to wait 2 weeks to save six bucks, it tells the dealership that they are going to buy that part somewhere. Now it's on the dealership to make it just as beneficial, or more so, to buy the part from them. I have to think a parts manager would have shaved 6 bucks (or $4) off the part to make the sale. Again if not, he doesn't deserve the business. If they want to thrive, or survive, they have to learn to compete.

How did the parts guy keeping the part number a secret from the OP help the dealership? Did it increase sales? Did it help the parts department run more efficiently? Did it put the dealership in a good light? Did it even stop the OP from buying elsewhere? The answer is, no. It didn't serve any benefit to the consumer, parts department or the dealership.

Stunts like withholding part numbers just show a lack of business acumen.

JMHO
No expertise implied or expressed
Amen to that, and yeah I went to another dealership instead.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #10
mk-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post

Attachment 1042015

Attachment 1042016

hope that helps.
Which direction is it installed? The one pointing to valve, is that installed on the bottom connector?