Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #1
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Exclamation HELP! SS Brembo 2-Piece Caliper Connection Bolts

I am in search for the bolts that connect SS Brembo 2-piece calipers. NOT the mounting bolts! See the attached picture.

Anybody had to purchase these before? Yes I'm sure I could go to a hardware store and find the exact size bolt but I'd prefer to have the exact bolts meant for this specific job.

Oh and these are for the front Brembo's they are reverse torx bolts, not the rears hex connecting bolts.
Attached Images

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:41 AM   #2
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The GM parts diagrams I use do not drill down to that level of detail. I see two options for getting an OEM bolt. Take the caliper in to the Chevy parts department or find a bad caliper cheap and harvest the bolts.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The GM parts diagrams I use do not drill down to that level of detail. I see two options for getting an OEM bolt. Take the caliper in to the Chevy parts department or find a bad caliper cheap and harvest the bolts.
I have tried taking it to GM, they don't show those bolts on their part diagrams either. Was afraid having to find another caliper would be my only option...

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:43 PM   #4
warnerwh

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Bolts come in different strengths. They can be grade 5 or 8 or? Anyway the higher number is stronger. I can assure you a grade 8 bolt is more than good enough to keep those calipers together. If you look at the head of the bolt you will see lines. These indicate which grade of bolt it is.
warnerwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
If you run out of options, check with these guys. They have 12 point head, flanged, metric 10.9 grade bolts. Another route is to contact Tire Rack. They are a Brembo dealer. Find out the tech specs before you call. (i.e. thread size, grip length, etc)

https://alloyboltz.com/catalog/index...2jehag4rivq2k3