Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #43
justinxxvii

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
High
Occupancy
Vehicles

they're lanes designated for vehicle with more than one or two (depending on how it's set up) passengers to encourage people to car pool, or take buses. the idea being that the lanes will generally have less traffic in them and move faster. the overall goal is to take as many cars as possible off the road.

IMO, it's for the most part infective as the HOV lanes only go so far and eventually have to merge into the regular traffic lanes. where this happens traffic typically backs up for a mile or two.
I looked at the Wikipedia page that details some of the enforcement avoidance tactics the public tries, like mannequins and blow up dolls.

So what happened here was that the OP took the HOV lane but then decided nevermind, and that's against the rules? Not just driving the HOV lane alone but changing your mind, that's the infraction?

Yea that's pretty stupid
justinxxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #44
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
I still can't believe the people of California were able to destroy it like they did. I mean, talk about killing the golden goose. remember when CA used to be where the future happened yesterday. now it's just a mass of debt, taxes, unemployment and dependency.

Third world people produce third world governments. It's no more complicated than that.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #45
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
Why were you in the HOV lane in the first place? Follow the law and it's not an issue.
The HOV lane in the LA area can go for miles, and even if you are legal to use it, you can be trapped in it until you reach the short exit area, then trapped again. Easy to miss your turn off. Unlike a lot of other states, where you can enter and exit at will, CA has yellow lines locking you in.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #46
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
The HOV lane in the LA area can go for miles, and even if you are legal to use it, you can be trapped in it until you reach the short exit area, then trapped again. Easy to miss your turn off. Unlike a lot of other states, where you can enter and exit at will, CA has yellow lines locking you in.

yes but there are also signed telling you when to exit and how long before the next exit.

so basically, stay out of the HOV lanes if you have no clue where you are going.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:06 PM   #47
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
I still can't believe the people of California were able to destroy it like they did. I mean, talk about killing the golden goose. remember when CA used to be where the future happened yesterday. now it's just a mass of debt, taxes, unemployment and dependency.
I remember when CA was the place to go. Freedom. Live your life as you see fit. Now it is a Marxist tyranny. I go there a few times each year, but take my own food, and fill up in Yuma. I can get by with only having to buy a few gallons of gas to get me back to AZ, and the $1 less per gallon gas here. Too bad, it was a great place. I was in SF and at dinner, they charged a 7.5 percent Homeless Health Insurance tax added to my bill, on top of their already obscene taxes.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #48
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
yes but there are also signed telling you when to exit and how long before the next exit.

so basically, stay out of the HOV lanes if you have no clue where you are going.
If you see the signs, and can get a break in traffic to merge in the short exit area. Other states don't do that. Or most of them don't. (By the way, signs in CA are so dirty you can't read many of them, and they never clean or replace them)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #49
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Kalifornia... It's not a difficult concept to grasp. EVERY government (local, state, federal, etc., etc., etc.) around the world, runs on tax dollars. The more people you have working and paying taxes, the more tax revenue "said government" will accrue. Kalifornia now has less than half of its citizens working and paying taxes. Gee, I wonder why they are buried 6 feet under in debt? No illegal immigration enforcement, crushing government regulations on businesses and suffocating taxes on the small percentage of individuals that still work and pay taxes. Hypothetical situation: Your car breaks down at the bottom of a hill. You call 12 friends to come and help you push it to the top. When they show up, 6 jump inside the car while the other 6 push. How far do you think you will get? Does this sound illogical? It is, but for many, it is reality. "Uncle Joe" would be proud Kalifornia...stay classy. Where's the Hammer and Sickle?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #50
Mr Snappy

Drives: Mercedes GL-450, Mercedes C300
Holy Crap!

I live in Kansas City, but take the family back to Cali once a year....actually, just came back after spending last week in Anaheim. I was born in SoCal, but moved before I started to drive, so did not grow up with HOV lanes.

What I did not know, until this thread, is that you had to stay in the HOV lane until the double-yellow ended. I would travel occaisionally in the HOV lanes, but would leave that lane whenever. I assumed that double yellow was to keep drivers in the NON-HOV lanes from coming over, not the other way around!

Never been pulled over, but I guess I learned something here.

BTW, no way in hell I would move back to Cali. That state has so many problems I don't know where I would even start. California has become the true definition of "Great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there"
Mr Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #51
Dest

Drives: None
There must be some other states that are as bad, or at least close.
Dest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #52
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamarosThree View Post
Why were you in the HOV lane in the first place? Follow the law and it's not an issue.
+1000. Keep your ass in the HOV lane or out of it. I hate people that cut in an out!
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #53
H3LLH0uNd84
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: A6 Ruby
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
+1000. Keep your ass in the HOV lane or out of it. I hate people that cut in an out!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #54
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dest View Post
There must be some other states that are as bad, or at least close.
I hear NY is a close second
Old 10-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #55
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28racer View Post
When you gotta make an exit, you gotta get out. That's why other states don't have the yellow gotcha lines.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #56

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
How about all you ass-holes that bad-mouth California take a flying **** at a rolling donut and go **** yourselves?
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote