Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #1
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Water leak into passengers floor mat

So for the third time now I notice water/moisture in the passenger side carpet. The first time I thought it might have been a spilled water bottle or something, second time I just couldnt figure it out, today Noticed water on the rubber floor mat, and the rubber trim that lines the door had a few drops on it as well. Its seeping from there to the plastic trim and from there to my floor mats. Does anyone else have this problem? Any Ideas on how to fix it?

Ill post pics in a few minutes
Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Every time I've seen and heard of this on the Camaro it has been an AC issue. The drain for the condenser is most likely clogged.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
Gr8ride

Thanks for the suggestion Mr_Draco, Ill check that out next, I also think it might be due to rain, but all the trim seems intact, except for the part under the door which had a few drops in it
Old 09-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
dklowrider

Drives: 2012 1SS, 6spd. many mods 478 rwhp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ride View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Mr_Draco, Ill check that out next, I also think it might be due to rain, but all the trim seems intact, except for the part under the door which had a few drops in it
Not saying it's the drain for sure, but a clogged drain will allow rain water that runs in at the air intake (on the cowl by the wipers) to back up and run into the interior just like the a/c condensation would. Had an old Cavalier with a foot of water on the floor because of that.
dklowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #5
DeanCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
They are correct, 9 times out of 10 its the drain for the ac condensation. Always leaks on the pass side floor board. Check to make sure its actually water and not coolant. If it's coolant, its a heater core. And thats a bitch. AC drain, not so much.
DeanCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
If there are tree leaves in the cowl area just under the pass side hood, could that be the problem?
You should check that also.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #7
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I hope your heater core isn't leaking.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #8
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
On my silverado water used to come into the passenger side each time it rained, the heater core is very easy to pull out because it's right up front, it was clogged with leaves and shit like that.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
the heater core is very easy to pull out because it's right up front, it was clogged with leaves and shit like that.

Don't confuse people, we are talking about Camaros, the heater cores are not easy to change in these cars.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #10
Galokai

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Every time I've seen and heard of this on the Camaro it has been an AC issue. The drain for the condenser is most likely clogged.
I agree.
Galokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Remove your cabin air filter and clean out the air intake.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #12
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
On my silverado water used to come into the passenger side each time it rained, the heater core is very easy to pull out because it's right up front, it was clogged with leaves and shit like that.
Must not have been 2002 Silverado... mine required disassembly of every component in the entire vehicle, including bulb filaments and bumper trim (okay, maybe that's a SLIGHT exaggeration, but not much... the entire dash had to come out, most of the interior trim, and a lot of underhood stuff... about 20 hours labor).

If the heater core in my Sliverado goes out again, I will find something else to do other than fix it. Sell it, trade it, or set it on fire and roll it off a cliff. I am NOT going to try fixing that again.

Back on topic, sort of: I HEAR the the heater core in a Camaro is similar in aintitabitchiveness.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #13
Gr8ride

I checked under the glove box, everything is dry there. Then i checked the cabin air filter, its fine and completely free of debris. It rained again so afterwards I went to check on the trim, sure enough there was water on it, it turns out it was due to some damage done a couple months back when they broke into my car. It got fixed but apparently they did not tuck in the trim all the way and it was causing water to leak onto the side of the door that comes into contact with the rubber. I popped it back in place and ill check again tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:02 PM   #14
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8ride View Post
I checked under the glove box, everything is dry there. Then i checked the cabin air filter, its fine and completely free of debris. It rained again so afterwards I went to check on the trim, sure enough there was water on it, it turns out it was due to some damage done a couple months back when they broke into my car. It got fixed but apparently they did not tuck in the trim all the way and it was causing water to leak onto the side of the door that comes into contact with the rubber. I popped it back in place and ill check again tomorrow.
Sometimes cars...of any make ...do make it out of the plants with cracks in some of the panels....you may have something like that. They do run a leak test ..sometimes they arent detected right away. Im guessing its your ac as well. But keep the cracked panel problem in mind if you cant seem to track it. Open your doors and give the door jams a quick look. Check where your door and fender bolt to the car. Just a suggestion.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote