Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Baggerjack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Need Help with ZL1 Splash Guards

I purchased the ZL1 splash guards for my 1LE, but don't see how they will fit. If someone could post the instructions to make these fit on a SS, I would greatly appreciate it.
Crystal Red Tintcoat, NPP, Recaro Seats, Sunroof and SLP Skip Shift, ZL1 rockers, TSP Stage 4 "F35" cam, PRC 260cc heads, GPI radically ported LS3 Intake, K&N CAI and JDP Motorsports Stage 2 Clutch Reservoir Kit, TSP Longtubes, off road connectors and high flow cats, aFe POWER Solid Subframe mounts, Brembo 6 piston calipers and two piece rotors
Baggerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #2
RB913

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Hello Mr. Baggerjack. Funny I saw this post because I've recently dealt with this issue. I apologize that I cannot tell you HOW specifically to install your ZL1 splash guards on your 1LE, as I also have them on my car and bought them when I got the car and they were dealer installed. It didn't take them long and cannot be too difficult, but they used a lift which is helpful. But I do know only the rears from the ZL1 fit the 1LE. I'm pretty sure the fronts from the ZL1 do not fit our cars. I went online recently to a place called RPI and found some splash guards for the front (temporary for now) and just got them yesterday so I've not installed them yet. They're not nearly as nice as the rears from Chevy, but they'll probably protect the front rockers. Hopefully Chevy, or somebody else, comes out with nice ones for the front. Also, just a suggestion, but I also had a the 3M clear transparent protection put on my car for that reason too. There are other products of course, and I'm not endorsing anyone, just saying what I did.
RB913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
Top~Dog

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I installed OEM rear ZL1 guards on my car this past weekend...I will post some pics of this DIY when I get time this evening. I do know that the OEM front ZL1 guards do not fit the 2014 1LE.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #4
Baggerjack

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
I got them on, but had to modify them somewhat. I was not able to get the bottom screw back in, but used some double sided tape on them.
Crystal Red Tintcoat, NPP, Recaro Seats, Sunroof and SLP Skip Shift, ZL1 rockers, TSP Stage 4 "F35" cam, PRC 260cc heads, GPI radically ported LS3 Intake, K&N CAI and JDP Motorsports Stage 2 Clutch Reservoir Kit, TSP Longtubes, off road connectors and high flow cats, aFe POWER Solid Subframe mounts, Brembo 6 piston calipers and two piece rotors
Baggerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggerjack View Post
I got them on, but had to modify them somewhat. I was not able to get the bottom screw back in, but used some double sided tape on them.
I cut off the bumps on the flap with my dremel. As you said...bottom bolt would not go back in...so I just cut that ear off the stone guard and put the bottom bolt back in. All the side screws and double side tape is plenty to hold them on.
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:01 AM   #6
Top~Dog

My DIY

Just real quick - I'm going to try and post my DIY of the guards tonight. I didn't have to cut the flap, I drilled out the rivet and previous retaining piece - new guards fit like a champ!
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #7
MountaineerTom

Drives: Summit White 2014 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top~Dog View Post
Just real quick - I'm going to try and post my DIY of the guards tonight. I didn't have to cut the flap, I drilled out the rivet and previous retaining piece - new guards fit like a champ!
That's exactly what I did.
MountaineerTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #8
14sw1le

Drives: 2014 summit white 2SS/RS/1le
so nobody out there makes zl1 style splash guards that fit the 1le without fab work ?
14sw1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
hntinropee

Drives: camaro
I was not able to get the bottom screw back in, but used some double sided tape on them.
hntinropee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
Top~Dog

To get the bottom screw back in - you have to use the clip that was on that small piece I took off. Each Guard, Left and Right - both have slots to attach those clips. Simply srill out the rivet, remove the clips, and attach them to the ZL1 Guard.
Attached Images

Old 07-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
brokencilence

Drives: '14 1LE, Z28.R
I installed the 2014 GM oem ZL1 splash guards on my 2014 1LE with no issues or modifications at all. You have to drill out the rivet and remove the piece as stated above. That's what the directions state to do as well... I ordered part number 23114083 from gmwholesaledirect as that was the best price I could find. They fit perfectly.
brokencilence is offline   Reply With Quote