Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2013, 06:38 PM   #15
Yohan

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Axle-backs==> go with Corsa, Dynomax VT, or MRTV2. Everyone agrees these are great systems and very popular w/ Camaro V6.

Catbacks==> Solo Performance, Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla, etc. --again, all great systems, popular.

Pick the one in your price range and go from there
Old 03-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DERZ View Post
I am in the same boat right now. I was dead set on getting the MRT V2.0. Then I read a bunch of posts about people having drone issues with the MRT V2.0, which turned me onto the Dynomax VT. Some posts say the Dynomax VT is to quiet and too close to stock sounding exhaust, which I don't want. So I started looking into the Dynomax Ultrs Flo, but again the drone issue comes up but from what information I can find it seems like drone may be minimal with the Ultra Flo.

I have listened to hours of videos and sound clips but those don't do these exhausts any justice and it is hard to determine what kind of drone you are going to have from a video. Apex is right about needing to hear them in person. I would easily drive an hour or two so that I could hear them in person before I bought if that was an option. Good thing about Dynomax is they are running a rebate right now and if you don't like the sound they claim they will take them back within 90 days.
Dynomax VT's are loud enough---when you hit the gas. At idle or low rpm it is a bit louder than stock, but when you hit it, it roars---same with MRTv2.

If you're in NY area, why not visit Solo Performance and check out their system?
Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
I just got a LM1 installed today. VERY VERY Loud... I can hear it from inside the cabin even at 2000rpms. If you want something loud go with loudmouth. But there will be drone. If you turn the radio all the way up it's harder to hear unless you really accelerate.

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
The VT is loud when it needs to be, and quiet the rest of the time. Just how I like it. It also really caught my eye because it was VERY affordable (under $400 shipped) and gave me the sound I was looking for.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #19
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
In the same boat as you too Hayden. I want the GM NPP but haven't had enough soundclips to go by to make sure.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #20
Yohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleGreen View Post
The VT is loud when it needs to be, and quiet the rest of the time. Just how I like it. It also really caught my eye because it was VERY affordable (under $400 shipped) and gave me the sound I was looking for.
You'll be shocked how much cheaper than that you can get TSW Nurburings or Interlagos---go to wheel/tire section, and look up the vendors---send them PM, and you will be happy with prices. They also do wheel/tire combos shipped to your house---VERY affordable:wink:
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
The best bet is to try to hear them in person and go from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
Axle-backs==> go with Corsa, Dynomax VT, or MRTV2. Everyone agrees these are great systems and very popular w/ Camaro V6.

Catbacks==> Solo Performance, Corsa, Magnaflow, Borla, etc. --again, all great systems, popular.

Pick the one in your price range and go from there
I don't think Corsa offers an axle-back. I have their catback on my LFX. I'm not looking for a V8 sound but the sound is unique, sporty, and not annoying.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #22
Stud

Drives: 2012 1LT RS RY
I feel you. It seems that every exhaust for the v8 sounds awesome,but the v6 it's a hit or miss. I like stock though!
Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
Hayden
You serious Clark?

Drives: 2012 Summit White 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERZ View Post
I am in the same boat right now. I was dead set on getting the MRT V2.0. Then I read a bunch of posts about people having drone issues with the MRT V2.0, which turned me onto the Dynomax VT. Some posts say the Dynomax VT is to quiet and too close to stock sounding exhaust, which I don't want. So I started looking into the Dynomax Ultrs Flo, but again the drone issue comes up but from what information I can find it seems like drone may be minimal with the Ultra Flo.

I have listened to hours of videos and sound clips but those don't do these exhausts any justice and it is hard to determine what kind of drone you are going to have from a video. Apex is right about needing to hear them in person. I would easily drive an hour or two so that I could hear them in person before I bought if that was an option. Good thing about Dynomax is they are running a rebate right now and if you don't like the sound they claim they will take them back within 90 days.
I feel like we are living the same life
Old 03-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #24
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
I can tell you that the MRT v2 is the most popular V6 system we carry and the Borla is the second. They both have a nice deep tone and the MRT seems to be a little louder. The best bet is to try to hear them in person and go from there.
Chase what about this "Drone sound" I keep hear most talk about. I believe if memory serves me correction it kicks in when u give it gas. Correct me if I'm wrong sir?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #25
ActNup NY

Quote:
I can tell you that the MRT v2 is the most popular V6 system we carry and the Borla is the second. They both have a nice deep tone and the MRT seems to be a little louder. The best bet is to try to hear them in person and go from there.
Chase what about this "Drone sound" I keep hear most talk about. I believe if memory serves me correction it kicks in when u give it gas. Correct me if I'm wrong sir?p
Old 03-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #26
ActNup NY

Quote:
What about this "Drone Sound" that I often hear people mention when referring to the MRT? Or is that expected with most exhaust? (Sorry for the double post it Didn't show the first on going through)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
I'm not chase but I can tell you that the MRT is awesome. I will say that if you stick it at 2000 rpm you will hear drone. I have found that anything above 2500 rpm and the sound disappears and it's a nice tone. The drone at 2000 is noticeable but you could still have a conversation with a passenger without raising your voice. It's a very personal topic when talking about drone. It doesn't bother me as much as it does others. I would absolutely recommend finding someone in your area to listen if your that worried with drone. There is also the option of a resonated X pipe that I have heard will get rid of drone, I do not have one though.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #28
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
It is hard to pick an exhaust for the V6 but you have to pick one that sounds good to you not what everyone else thinks what sounds good. Drone is the sound you hear at cruising that resonates through the car. Drone to me is perceived differently from person to person. I have only had stock exhaust and then switched to MRT V2.0 after the first week and it sounds awesome, to me. I literally spent close to 2 hours on You-tube listening to the different brands. You have to come to the conclusion that if you can't hear it in person the only thing you have is video sound clips. The sound clips to me doesn't do any exhaust justice but how else do you find one other then driving around the country to find them and listen to in person. If you live in a big city you maybe able to find a few to listen to in person but to some of us that is not an option. Listen to sound clips and pick the best one it will only sound better in person.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote