Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
How did you inform your spouse that you were buying a Camaro?

We were in Home Depot one night buying a new faucet for the bathroom. I leave her in the aisle for a few while I go look at tools. When I return I notice a few more things in the cart. Being inquisitive I hold up a new toilet paper holder and ask "why do we need this, what's wrong with the one we have"? So my wife starts to explain, but all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher voice. When she is through I reply "Fine you can have your toilet paper holder", Then I leaned down toward her, lowered my voice to a whisper looked her in the eye, and said "but I'm getting a Camaro"! She said "fine do what you want". Up until that moment I had never mentioned a muscle car.

Two weeks later I learned that "Do what ever you want" has 2 completely different meanings between the two of us when I pulled into the driveway in a new 2011 2SS RS RJT w/GFX. To her it meant "whatever, you're not going to actually get it", while to me it was a big green light to do what ever I want. I told her I used some stock options and financed a little, and that it is costing me $34 a week. She reminded me that I told her we would one day build a room over the garage. That's when I said "Honey, when I said that we would build a room over the garage, it had the same meaning to me as do what you want did to you"! It was very quite and chilly at home for the next 2 weeks, but so worth it!

My wife learned an important life lesson. Don't tell me to do what ever I want! Because I will.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
mel0629
Black Madness

Drives: Black 2012 1LT/RS
Thats an Awesome story....My wife recently told me Hey do whatever makes you happy So I purchased my 1st Camaro 4 weeks ago 2012 2LS and I'm Loving every second of it, To ease her pain and fustration I also went out while she was @ work and got her the car she's been wanting badly a 2012 civic coupe in black,,,,All Was Good from then on.....
mel0629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
11BEE
11 BEE

Drives: 2011 LS2 RS & 2012 2SS RS 45th Vert
In my case, I was told BY my wife to buy both Camaros. We looked at the 2011 2LT RS and she loved the Rally Yellow with black stripes. A few days later we were at the mall and she dared me to buy it. I slipped away and called the dealer, worked it out over the phone and then drove her to the dealership 30 minutes later. We were taken straight to finance and 20 minutes later we took delivery. That night was her high school reunion and she was able to drive to it in our new baby!

Fast forward a year. She was celebrating her 45th birthday this year. All changed when she was the 45th anniversary edition, she lit up and told me she wanted a 2SS RS Vert as her birthday and Christmas present. She got a 45th on her 45th!

I am both blessed and cursed that we both love the same hobbies, cars being one of them.

11Bee and I♥My45th
11BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
I told her I want to hang out today ,so we got something to eat , then I said lets look in the chevy dealer,she was shocked when the dealer came to me with the keys,We parked her car and drove off in our/I mean my camaro (ours) I ordered it 3 month befor our lunch
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
I was getting my Silverado smogged and looked thru a mag while waiting. Low and behold it had the "final production" pics in it. I took the page home (with my smog guys' permission of course ) and showed the wife. I said if it really does look like this when it hits the street, I could be in trouble. She smiled. She wasn't a big fan of my 3rd Gen twin turbo RX7 (basically a race car for the street that pulled 1.2g at will and at stock height was pretty low to the ground).

So technically this is how I informed her. But for more entertainment, read on...

Fast forward about a week. We are driving downtown to get some lunch. I am day-dreaming of the new Camaro (had already spent hours with the configurator online) when the blissful silence is SHATTERED by my wife literally screaming, "They have a Camaro, They have a Camaro!" as we were passing the dealer...

Well, I barely make the driveway with some aggressive braking and don't even get the car stopped, when she jumps out and heads over to it. After getting the car stopped, I head over. She is in it already and poking around and I ask as non-nonchalantly as possible, "So what do you think?". While in my head the sirens are going off with how the car looks...
Her answer: "We gotta get one of these!".

Old 12-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
after a little talk with a friend of ours in 04, I walked in the house & told my husband that my next new car was going to be a vert he goes what ever.

fast forward a a year & a half (jan 06), hes over seas & I am sitting at the house watching the news broad cast of the release of the new camaro, & They released it & I told him I wanted one.

well, fast forward to this year, I got hurt at work & he was trying to figure out who to make me more comfortable, well after talking to that friend again, he found one

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
You know, I ain't quite sure. She may have elicited the news directly from me through her usual avenue of hypnosis, or perhaps her mother may have cast one of her evil hexes upon me to "Tell me everything!" followed by a "You will remember nothing!" spell.
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #8
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'm the wife in this scenario... We were at the dealership, and I said "If I'm buying this Silverado for you, I'm getting the Camaro for myself!" He shrugged and said "OK" and we left with 2 new vehicles.... Husbands are easier to convince.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #9
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Ever since I started college in 2007 (right after the Camaro concept came out) I told the wife I wanted another convertible Camaro. My first was a 95 convertible Z28, then a 98 Camaro SS hardtop and then a 99 Trans Am.

Well, fast forward 4 years to January 2011 when I found out they are actually starting to take orders for the 2011 camaro convertible. I nonchalantly mentioned to the wife "Hey they are starting to take orders on the verts, you think I'll be able to order one? It could be an early graduation present for myself, since I am graduating in December." She asked how much time we ha left until I paid off our ESV and I told her about 9 months. So she said, "Sure, you've earned it. You can order one as soon as you pay off the ESV."

So the next day I went to the bank, paid off the ESV and went straight to the dealership and put $1,000 on Ginger. When the wife got home I told her I did exactly what she said! LOL
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
What Spouse, I do not have one. My kids on the other hand, "Said Dad are you NUTS, You do not need another car, you already havs two." Well needless to say I start setting aside for my down payment. Also the kids did not know that I had already placed an order for the car back in October. I was the First person to order a Camaro where I live. Around May my daughter told Me that she wished that I would get my car, so that I would stop talking about it. Funny part here is that as soon as I took delievery of my car in the first part of June, and she saw it the first thing she did was to hold out her hand and ask for the keys to drive it. I then had fun teasing her. One of the funny things she said later after I finally allowed her to drive it was "Dad, if anything happens to You, this car is mine, and I don't care about my brothers, they can fight over the other two cars."

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
lakersftbl69

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Well at the time I got my car I didn't have a gf or anything but here's my story anyways. Back in jan 06 when I heard about the camaro I new I had wanted it. Feb 06 was when I got my truck. So every year I'd ask my parents please can I get it I'll do everything myself for it I don't need any help they kept replying no. Fast forward dec 08 I turned 21 I was still itching for it I asked my parents please can I get it? Noo save your money for something else. On the 15th of dec 08 I said the hell with it I went and ordered it anyways. Fast forward to June 09 the camaro came in a week before I got it I finally told my mom because she was going to the hospital for surgery so I didn't want here coming home and freaking about it. She looked at me and smiled and said I new u were gunna do it eventually good luck with your dad. A week later it came in I picked up brought it home and left it in the driveway till dad got home. He pulled in and was shocked. He was upset cuz I spent the money but happy and proud of me for going to the dealer and doing everything myself. The only thing my parents were really upset about was I got the m6 which they don't no how to drive.
upgrades kooks 1 7/8" LTH w/ deleted cats, corsa exhaust, hurst short throw shifter stage 3 comp cam, 3.91 gears ecs kit blower, meth injection, upgraded axles, drive shaft, McLeod rxt clutch, fully forged 416ci stroker all installed and dyno tuned by slowhawk performance in bridgewater ma.
lakersftbl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
I told her by divorcing her lol I drove to get my daughter and rolled up in a brand new 2010 Camaro SS/RS

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
I told the wife that a new work car was going to be needed. We go to the dealer to look at Malibus. I had walked the dog earlier in the morning and saw what I thought was someones green Camaro there. Long story short We both quit smoking that day and the Cavalier just turned over 200,000 miles this week!!
Old 12-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
La Flama Blanca

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
No wifey, but the girlfriend (we live together in CA) was in Indiana at a medical sales training seminar and I texted her.. "Hey, what do you think about those new camaros?"
She replied "oh, theyre nice..why?" to which I responded.."good, because I just bought one."