Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2023, 03:11 PM   #1
AutoPenalti

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Need help with detailing seats

I’ve had this car for over 3 years now but my main struggle always seems to be detailing the seats properly, I barely leave food or drinks in the cars, other than a water bottle that for some reason stains the seats, but no matter chemicals I try, seems to always come back. I no longer leave any liquids out in the hot florida sun as to avoid this same mistake but even then it seems to come back. Also not sure what the second image is with the orange stain or how it got to that, if there’s any solution to this, I’d love to know.

AutoPenalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 07:15 PM   #2
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Ooh, nice interior -- mine is black, digging the grey.

No help on the "water stains" (or whatever they may be), I'm afraid, but re: the orange "stain", there's also noticeable wear on the upper outer corner of the seat. Is it possible that the seat belt rubs on that spot?
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 09:56 AM   #3
AutoPenalti

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief (tm) View Post
Ooh, nice interior -- mine is black, digging the grey.

No help on the "water stains" (or whatever they may be), I'm afraid, but re: the orange "stain", there's also noticeable wear on the upper outer corner of the seat. Is it possible that the seat belt rubs on that spot?
Haha thanks, I do love the grey!

Maybe, not sure how I can go about fixing that. The seats are my concern as it's the only thing keeping the car looking brand new
AutoPenalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 10:33 PM   #4
bitwise

Drives: 2020 2SS Conv, 2022 Cherry ZL1 Conv
Katskin ?

If you live near DFW, I have some gray leather Katskin seats out of a 2018 1SS Convertible. I found a deal on 2SS seats after I did the Katskin covers.

You could pull the seats. Cover the computers with plastic bags or remove them and pressure wash the seats. Leave them out until they are completely dry. That is what some of the detailers do.
bitwise is offline   Reply With Quote