Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #169
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher21 View Post
UQA - Audio system feature, Bose premium 9-speaker system

You better start searching make sure you didn't get shorted might have missed it since they were just trying to get it to you ASAP. LOL
LMAO!!!!!

Yeah... I will have to figure out where it is. I still haven't figured out what in the world the small (1 inch by 1 inch) vent things are on the side of the doors. They aren't speakers... Or vents (no air flow nor sound).
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 01:56 PM   #170
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
Get a chance to weigh it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:27 PM   #171
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Sure thing, I have a buddy who lives in Overland Park so I just may end up doing a trip there. However, with winter coming up and holiday season and all... I probably will be driving the beater that I just bought. A 2013 Malibu lol.

You can ONLY use netflix while parked but I am damn sure there will be a "hack" for it so you can watch it during moving soon enough. That is watching netflix through the infotainment system though, you can just stream it via a tablet and you are good to go.

I can't say I love the attention I am getting on the road lol. I actually had a couple mustang gt dudes give me a thumbs up just yesterday and gen 5 camaro owners not even pay attention. Go figure. Hell... Even a hellcat challenger guy gave me a thumbs up. While I would not buy a hellcat, I sure can respect and love the sound. The name is damn deserving!

I actually was only able to find 8 speakers, just checked lol. No idea where the 9th one is. Is there even a 9th one?

1 speaker each on doors = 2
1 speaker each on front dashboard (driver and passenger side) = 2
1 speaker each on the back (driver and passenger side ) = 2
1 speaker each on the back deck (driver and passenger side) = 2

So that is 8. No idea where the 9th one is if it even exists besides my own little head.
The 9th should be the "center" speaker in the center of the dash somewhere.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:48 PM   #172
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
I can't say I love the attention I am getting on the road lol. I actually had a couple mustang gt dudes give me a thumbs up just yesterday and gen 5 camaro owners not even pay attention. Go figure. Hell... Even a hellcat challenger guy gave me a thumbs up. While I would not buy a hellcat, I sure can respect and love the sound. The name is damn deserving!

Was it a black hellcat? I've seen that car multiple times running around in Wichita. Might be the only one in Wichita.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #173
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayljones6 View Post
I have a question regarding a spare tire.

1) is there a spot for one in the trunk for a donut tire? (Picture might help)

2) given the Camaro has larger tires and a small trunk do you think a full size tire will fit through the opening?

I will be traveling a lot for work and don't like the idea of getting stuck somewhere.

Do you find the seats comfortable? I drive up to 16 hours and was wondering.

Thanks
Checked it out today, absolutely NO room for a spare. You may be able to put a donut in the TRUNK not inside the liner, directly on the trunk. A normal size tire DOES not fit through the opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis43 View Post
Get a chance to weigh it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I have not sorry, life is being a bit crazy right now with work and holiday season coming up. But I promise I will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
The 9th should be the "center" speaker in the center of the dash somewhere.
It actually could be where the in cabin lights are located at... I think there is a microphone there with a speaker. I'll have to double check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post

Was it a black hellcat? I've seen that car multiple times running around in Wichita. Might be the only one in Wichita.
YEP!!!! Minus the hell's fury of a sound... Headlights and the side badge are the only things that give it away, didn't catch the plate though.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #174
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Turk. Would you say people notice the car coming from a distance, usually take a 2nd look(assuming it was a 5th Gen...but WAIT!?), or the car just kinda blends BECAUSE it looks so similar to the prior generation.
Im kinda thinking 99% of ppl wont even realize its a new model.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #175
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Turk. Would you say people notice the car coming from a distance, usually take a 2nd look(assuming it was a 5th Gen...but WAIT!?), or the car just kinda blends BECAUSE it looks so similar to the prior generation.
Im kinda thinking 99% of ppl wont even realize its a new model.
Oh people do stare. Even the clueless ones do "what in the world is that???" The ones that DO know actually comment, wave or give me a thumbs up. Had a Wichita cop just stare, smile and give me a thumbs up yesterday.

The styling and the LEDs is what truly gives people the "WOA WTH IS THAT??? LOOKS AWESOME!!!"

Driving my evo versus the camaro... Camaro definitely gets more attention. Lol, I went to five guys for lunch beginning of the week... And I am anal enough to ALWAYS park in a corner and have visual with my car from the place I am at, unless it is my truck. I could care less about the truck lol and just watching people rubber neck like crazy and people taking pictures. But like I mentioned before on maybe this thread or another... Camaro gen5's I am passing by or seeing me are giving me more "hostile" looks where as Mustangs, charger/challenger dudes are waving or giving me thumbs up... People got it ass backwards me thinks... lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #176
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Lol. "Bass ackwards!" Thanks man!

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:32 PM   #177
tayljones6

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS (8-spd, MRC, NPP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Checked it out today, absolutely NO room for a spare. You may be able to put a donut in the TRUNK not inside the liner, directly on the trunk. A normal size tire DOES not fit through the opening.

No I have not sorry, life is being a bit crazy right now with work and holiday season coming up. But I promise I will!

It actually could be where the in cabin lights are located at... I think there is a microphone there with a speaker. I'll have to double check.

YEP!!!! Minus the hell's fury of a sound... Headlights and the side badge are the only things that give it away, didn't catch the plate though.
Thanks for the info Tr6. I guess no reason to have a spare if you can't take the damaged one with you. LOL
tayljones6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 06:50 PM   #178
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Go figure. Hell... Even a hellcat challenger guy gave me a thumbs up. While I would not buy a hellcat, I sure can respect and love the sound. The name is damn deserving!

TR6,
I saw that black hellcat again on my way home after work. He sure likes to drive it (Don't blame him though). I even brought my cobra so it could meet your car today, but I guess you were too busy and tuckered out. Oh well, I have fun driving my cobra on those back roads. Get your rest...Without your health...Well, you don't have anything.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #179
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayljones6 View Post
Thanks for the info Tr6. I guess no reason to have a spare if you can't take the damaged one with you. LOL
Lol yeah... At least with run flats I believe you can still drive like 50 miles.. Which is more than enough to pull off somewhere "safe" or even a tire shop/travel center/dealership wherever you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
TR6,
I saw that black hellcat again on my way home after work. He sure likes to drive it (Don't blame him though). I even brought my cobra so it could meet your car today, but I guess you were too busy and tuckered out. Oh well, I have fun driving my cobra on those back roads. Get your rest...Without your health...Well, you don't have anything.
Awww damn. Sorry man, life of mine gets crazy at times. We may end up waiting for after holiday season is over and weather clears up to meet up.

I love the fact that guy drives his hellcat around. Weather is good still so hell yeah. I buy cars to be driven too but when winter really hits, I will either drive my truck or the malibu. I may end up going down to dallas tomorrow to pick up the malibu if work doesn't get in the way, if not sometime next week I will be heading down before thanksgiving.
Build thread HERE!
Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #180
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Tr6, had a couple quick questions for you now that you have had your beast for a few weeks. First off, the NPP exhaust. I know it sounds good in the videos for a STOCK exhaust, but what are your impressions, is it too quiet while idling, and are you planning on keeping it or going aftermarket?

Second is the garnet red color. I know you like it, but from most of the pictures I have seen of it, the color appears too dark for my taste and purple or maroon almost. However you posted several pictures from your event in the sun light and the color looks PERFECT. So just curious your thoughts on the garnet?

Thanks and congrats again!
Old 11-22-2015, 11:41 PM   #181
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
Tr6, had a couple quick questions for you now that you have had your beast for a few weeks. First off, the NPP exhaust. I know it sounds good in the videos for a STOCK exhaust, but what are your impressions, is it too quiet while idling, and are you planning on keeping it or going aftermarket?

Second is the garnet red color. I know you like it, but from most of the pictures I have seen of it, the color appears too dark for my taste and purple or maroon almost. However you posted several pictures from your event in the sun light and the color looks PERFECT. So just curious your thoughts on the garnet?

2nd on the exhaust question.. Should I save the $$$ and just go aftermarket for s deeper mrs muscle car sound while doing LOW/idle RPM?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #182
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
2nd on the exhaust question.. Should I save the $$$ and just go aftermarket for s deeper mrs muscle car sound while doing LOW/idle RPM?
For garnet red, 1 sentence sums it all up: "Pictures do NOT do justice to the color". In person it actually looks fantastic, and I wasn't even the one picking the color... My wife did. I was just gonna get a white one with black leather but I told my wife she gets to pick the interior/exterior colors of my next car and she did. I am so glad she did though lol. Garnet red in the shade looks different and in the sun it looks different too. If you have time, call up your local Caddy dealership and see if they have an ATS with "RED OBSESSION TINTCOAT" it is THE same color as garnet red so you can see it in person. SSport16 takes all the credit for what I just said because he was the one telling me to go check it months ago when I voiced my concern about the garnet red way before I took delivery. So I went to a Caddy dealership here and man... it looks great. I dare to say it looks even better on the camaro due to being a coupe and lower overall height than the ATS sedan I looked at.

Alright now the exhaust part which some will want to stone me to death some would put me on a peddle stool. From all my years of dabbling in modding cars and all... I have definitely learned that exhaust out of all things is completely personal. I CAN and WILL give you what I think which will NOT be the case for X Y Z people. So please bare that in mind. This is completely MY opinion of it haha.

To begin with, I hate obnoxious loud exhausts... It ruins the car for me with the drone and extreme loudness. Been there done that, which is why I went with NPP this time around for a little bit of a more growl than stock but I am NOT finished. While NPP is FANTASTIC I do want a bit more growl thus I will be grabbing an Xpipe, most likely borla BUT who knows, corsa might sound better for me or even flowmasters... It is all about testing and seeing which one I like. Installing an xpipe will take me 15 minutes so it is not an issue for me testing many xpipes to find the perfect sound for me. The reason why I want the xpipe is so I can get rid of the 2 unmonitored cats the xpipe has and leave the 2 cats on the car still, not for "environmental" purposes but to keep the car still somewhat quite. My buddy as I have mentioned before has a '14 c7 z51 and he went the same route that I am going. NPP is great but LT1 deserves a bit more of a growl thus he tested about 4 xpipes and we decided to go with borla as it sounded the best FOR US and now the c7 sounds amazing. Still damn quite if you just wanna hit cruise control on a road trip or you have a headache... And still sounds fantastic when you open her up.

I am a HUGE supporter of NPP... My reasons being is due to logic. How? NPP costs 895 sounds better than stock, not obnoxious, just right sounding with a little bit of restriction but that's due to headers/xpipe and NOT the catback itself. So... GOOD LUCK finding a catback THAT quality with butterflies for THAT cost. A catback without NPP you are still looking at 1200+ and 1600+ WITH npp. So 895 sounds damn great now doesn't it? lol.

When you are rolling down the highway with windows down, you really cannot hear the exhaust note at all... Due to mainly I am in wichita and it is always windy lol but an xpipe will fix that. However, just driving in town between 0-45/55mph/whatever the speed limit is the sound is great. I am only at 780 something miles so still in the break-in guidelines and haven't opened the LT1 up at all. Haven't seen above 4k rpm yet and I am sure it will be totally a different car as all v8s do... You hit 4k rpm in a v8 it becomes a different beast lol. So... I will be keeping my NPP for sure and adding an xpipe. That will fix it all for me!

As a side note, I was back in Dallas yesterday... Picked up a 2013 Malibu Eco for DD/Winter AND my black bowties for the Camayro arrived as well! I will post the pictures of the bowties while holding them up next to the stock gold ones. There is a tiny chrome trim around the black bowties which I thought would look horrible on the car (I absolutely HATE chrome) but after holding it up on the car where the current bowties are... It actually looks great!
Build thread HERE!