Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Mr Fire

Drives: 2SS RS 2014
Talking Second Gear Clicking

Hello Guys,
I have a 2014 2SS camaro automatic. I have had it for almost 3 months. I started noticing a clicking noise whenever the transmission change to second gear. At first, i thought it was just because of the cold weather and something like that, but it has been getting real hot in here, (PA), and i still hear clicking. It usually happen when even the car change it to second gear the first time, but whenever i stop on a traffic light or a stop sign, it does not make any noise when the car change to second gear. I tried the manual mode and it still has the same problem.What do you think guys is the cause of this?
Thank you
P.S. my English is not the best
Mr Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Mr Fire,

We are sorry to hear of the concerns you are experiencing with a clicking noise. I understand that you are seeking feedback from your fellow forum members, however, if you'd like our assistance please send us a private message with your contact information and VIN. We look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya (assisting William)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
gerce90

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
I got the same problem, from 1st gear to 2nd gear when shifting down in low speeds as well, from 2nd gear to 1st gear. I got an 2014 Camaro SS Automatic transmission.
Im from Mexico (don't know if that matters)
gerce90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
ryzrs10

Drives: Victory Red 2012 2SS Auto
My dealership told me this is normal as I have a 2012 SS that does this as well and they had my car for a day and called GM about it. However, mine just recently sounds like metal on metal and I haven't taking it yet for it because for fear I'm going to get the "this is normal" routine. Mind you my torque converter was replace with less than 4000 miles on it as well so it's got fresh fluid in it. It's the only issue I have with the car since around 600 miles when I noticed the noise. I have over 13000 miles on it now. It doesn't do it all the time for me so idk what to think anymore.
ryzrs10 is offline   Reply With Quote