Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #477
62nalide

Drives: 2013 SS
Yup, they keep telling people yes yes but truth came out by an employee that it's not coming out and defiantly not for the LS3 style heads.
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:35 PM   #478
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Yup, they keep telling people yes yes but truth came out by an employee that it's not coming out and defiantly not for the LS3 style heads.
So it still comes down to either ported stock manifold on LS3 style heads or go small bore LS7 heads and an MSD or FAST manifold...
Old 10-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #479
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
"Soon..." -_-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Shit! Pete has us all infected with that... LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
No stealing of my line lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
When is soon?
You are all fined $1,000.00 for the illicit use of the word soon which we all know is for my exclusive use. Or, you can buy me a beer at CamaroFEST 7 which is coming up really... SOON!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:06 AM   #480
IMJ

Drives: 2012 SS LS3 | Silver Frost Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
Well on another website and other recent information I have that is not true. From the other website and posted yesterday.

"You can call Vararam and speak to the designer if you want. I spoke to him a couple weeks ago - it sounded relatively close to being ready for market - they were finalizing tooling for one part and waiting on two patents (which have been in process for a while), which IIRC, were functional patents which he stated took longer.
The "standard" version is good for around 7-7.5 rpm and they have a shorter runner version planned for getting well into the 8-9k range."
Calling them means nothing. I've called them periodically for 3 years and been told "next month" repeatedly, and when the "next months" started adding up I was told that they had tooling problems with the 12+ intake.

A big time Chicago area shop told me a friend who is a Vararam employee let slip to them that they couldn't produce the 2012+ intake that they wanted because they couldn't get the OTR to work correctly with the updated GM ECU program. He said that they abandoned it because they found their market (aka $$) with the original OTR, and also didn't want to release a "cone with a pipe" because Vararam would be sticking their foot in their mouth after years of advertising the weakness of the old school intake design versus an OTR.

It's just what I was told and unfortunately it all adds up. If they can abandon a simple flow-bench OTR for a car, then they can most likely abandon this intake. But with that all said, who really knows? Either way, if either part ever comes out, they better perform undeniably or this whole thing could be the biggest aftermarket parts debacle in automotive history.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #481
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
VRX manifold

Update 10/16/2015

We know the internet has been burning up waiting on information on the VRX manifold.

Hear is the latest:

Several Patents have been filed covering the design and function on some parts of the VRX Manifold. We have received “some” but not all of our Patents at this time. We are currently waiting on the final Patents. We expected these some time ago but unfortunately there is no way to rush the Patent office. Our Patent Attorneys have been able to confirm that the final Patents are currently under review and we expect them to be confirmed and in place shortly.

Once we have the final Patent confirmations, VR will release Videos, independent test data etc...

Production:

We have already started on the production tooling to reduce production lag time. Some of the tooling has already been completed.

VR tech
If you have any questions feel free to drop us an email at: www.vararamindustries@gmail.com
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #482
1989GTA

Drives: 1989 GTA Trans Am
WARNING!!!! FOR THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN THE VR-X DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING. WARNING!!! DO NOT READ. LAST CHANCE!!! DO NOT READ!!!

Thank you for the update. Your information corresponds with what I have heard through the grapevine. That is waiting on the final patents and proceeding on the tooling for final production.

For the above poster I don't see the correlation between the 2012 CAI and VR-X intake manifold. Looks like two different issues to me.
1989GTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #483
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
WOW sounds promising...... and did a while ago and before then.... As basically its the slow intake, stock or......Vararam if they can come through. As MSD gave up on the ls3.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:48 PM   #484
Firefighter

If it happens I'm stoked and will be an early customer. If not well shit...
Old 10-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #485
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I'm going to laugh hysterically and then die inside if this thing comes out and then doesn't clear the stock 14+ hood.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:31 PM   #486
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
More likely when/if it does come out, and it is priced at $2500 like all the intakes this style, people will whine and bitch about the price.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #487
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
More likely when/if it does come out, and it is priced at $2500 like all the intakes this style, people will whine and bitch about the price.
Well their goal was to he priced similar to the FAST. If they come in at $2500 they won't sell very many.
Old 10-17-2015, 04:02 AM   #488
sales@vararam.com

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
I'm going to laugh hysterically and then die inside if this thing comes out and then doesn't clear the stock 14+ hood.
Hood clearance has already been verified!
sales@vararam.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:19 AM   #489
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@vararam.com View Post
VRX manifold

Update 10/16/2015

We know the internet has been burning up waiting on information on the VRX manifold.

Hear is the latest:

Several Patents have been filed covering the design and function on some parts of the VRX Manifold. We have received “some” but not all of our Patents at this time. We are currently waiting on the final Patents. We expected these some time ago but unfortunately there is no way to rush the Patent office. Our Patent Attorneys have been able to confirm that the final Patents are currently under review and we expect them to be confirmed and in place shortly.

Once we have the final Patent confirmations, VR will release Videos, independent test data etc...

Production:

We have already started on the production tooling to reduce production lag time. Some of the tooling has already been completed.

VR tech
If you have any questions feel free to drop us an email at: www.vararamindustries@gmail.com
Soon.....

You state above you are waiting on final "patent confirmation" before you release videos and independent data?

I call BS again.....if you really have recent "independent data" have them post the results, in just words and graphs, of the LS3 version of the manifold. No videos, no photos...that way no one will try and "copy" your manifold before "final patent confirmation".

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #490
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
COOl! just wish it was out faster.... I know others could try and most likely will,( Chinese), copy it: but damn homie we could all promise to never use their garbage compared to yours if it just came out now...... LOL