Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #29
77Z28

Drives: 2016 2SS A8, NPP, Mag ride
I am not sure what the process is for the obtaining the salvage title in California but in Ohio, the car has to go through an inspection process by the State Highway Patrol. I have a friend that use to do the inspections and heard a few stories about them confiscating parts. Keep all the documentation on what was done and all the receipts for the parts if you have a similar process.
77Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:54 AM   #30
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:08 AM   #31
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by abez View Post
Also wanted to show you the first batch of parts; it was more than expected as you can tell lol.. the inside of the car was stacked too, I ended up using the core support and impact bar as a secondary seat belt haha
Looks like Santa delivered early this Christmas in August
Old 08-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #32
Thirty3

Drives: SS 1LE
Please post lots of pictures of the install!!

I may go this route too.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #33
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
This is going to be a fun one to follow!

I have a G8 with same mods as yours as well. I love it and couldn't part with it when i bought the camaro.

603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #34
abez

Drives: 2016 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
This is going to be a fun one to follow!

I have a G8 with same mods as yours as well. I love it and couldn't part with it when i bought the camaro.

Nice! *Knuckle touch* That blue is really nice too it really makes it stand out. It looks like all those 3 car's are GM too

Since your into G8's Check out this GXP that we chopped up and are slowly modifying to a Holden Ute!

abez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #35
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by abez View Post
Nice! *Knuckle touch* That blue is really nice too it really makes it stand out. It looks like all those 3 car's are GM too

Since your into G8's Check out this GXP that we chopped up and are slowly modifying to a Holden Ute!

thats awesome!

Link to build?
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM   #36
abez

UPDATE!

Hey Guy's so here's a update on my build! Currently the body shop said that they will start painting and piecing together my car this week, They also stated that the car should be complete within no more than two weeks! In the mean time I ordered some more parts that I wanted to upgrade

-Rear ZL1 Spoiler
-Rear ZL1 Diffuser
-Red ZL1 Seatbelts
-Front Fascia ZL1 undercarriage protection
-I requested pricing for the ZL1 Recaro seats

I was going to order the headlights new but I ended up finding some on offer up for $500 for the pair so I went to go check them out yesterday night and they ended up being pretty clean for the price so I bought them and ended up saving $1100

Future parts that I am going to order to get this baby on the street are

-ZL1 Recaro Seats
-ZL1 1LE OEM Rims
-Complete ZL1 Interrior
-ZL1 Carbon Fiber Hood insert

I will be posting a youtube video on this build soon.

*Also I will upload all the part numbers to the new parts later during the week* Thanks for reading guys!
Old 08-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #37
RayJay75
Z/LS

Drives: 2017 MikaRay Z/LS
that awesome this is going to be amazing once done happy modding looking forward to the finishing touches.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #38
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I love how this thread turned from everyone bashing the guy for picking up a salvage car and actually being creative to big wide eyes, awe, and popcorn smileys as soon as they saw the pickup truck loaded with Santa's early deliveries... that was spectacular lol.

To the OP way to go and I really hope this goes flawlessly for you.. will be one heck of a car when its done..and thats what I love about restoring an utter wreck, instead of ending up in a crusher (like this car's next step would have been) a forseeable and admirable future is made out of something that isn't really junk, just had a bit of misfortune.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 PM   #39
abez

UPDATE!

Yo whats up you guys! So here another quick update of some pictures of the car and how she stands as of this morning!

You can see right here that the core support was painted and installed along with the pre fitting of the ZL1 Hood and the ZL1 Fenders. There is a slight bend on the radiator but it still functions correctly and has no leaks; I was going to replace it just to be safe but I decided to wait on Mishimoto to release one. I also just bought some new Radiator side seals to hold it in place L+R so lets just hope I'm fine lol.

Thanks for reading guys, I'm pretty new to this forum stuff so I hope that I'm being as detailed as possible, anyways, Let me know what you guys think! Any suggestions, questions or comments feel free to ask!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:40 PM   #40
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrest View Post
thats awesome!

Link to build?
Currently I am not documenting the UTE build but you just gave me an idea haha, I'll link you as soon as the start the process. I also wanted to ask what rims do you have on your G8??
Old 08-18-2017, 06:19 PM   #41
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Z28 View Post
I am not sure what the process is for the obtaining the salvage title in California but in Ohio, the car has to go through an inspection process by the State Highway Patrol. I have a friend that use to do the inspections and heard a few stories about them confiscating parts. Keep all the documentation on what was done and all the receipts for the parts if you have a similar process.
Thanks for looking out and informing me, I was speaking to my uncle and he said its like a 50/50 that they will request it to go to CHP for inspection but even if it does I have all the receipts on hand so I should be good. Although to register it I do need to get it VIN verified and a SMOG.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:24 PM   #42
abez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
When its all said and done it will be the same as buying new
It might be close to the same as buying a 1SS off the lot but for the same price mine will the whole ZL1 conversion(with interior),Pro Charger, ZL1 1LE rims and tons of other upgrades for under 35k I think that's a steal!

Tags
1ss, camaro build, conversion, mods, zl1