Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-08-2017, 12:02 AM   #1
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
Hello All....question regarding lowering SS

Hello all, I am long time lurker and wasn't really planning on joining till I did some mods but have a question regarding lowering my SS with MRC. I am just curious what others have paid for lowering their Camaro and where can I get it done within a reasonable distance from DC? I called a place Trick Trucks & Cars since they are local to me and the guy quoted me $850 for the installation plus alignment. I was NOT expecting that! He also was trying to basically talk me out of it, asking me why I would want to ruin my warranty? I said well I am not too concerned with my suspension warranty since most parts I can upgrade if something goes wrong down the road. He said no if you lower it you'll void your drivetrain warranty. That sounds like some BS to me! I really don't think they wanted to do the work to begin with. I have the Eibach springs sitting here waiting to be installed. Was looking to spend $4-500 on the installation.
Black_FiFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #2
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Warranty statement sounds like a line of B.S. and I certainly wouldn't want a shop touching my car if they were trying to convince me not to give them money like that.

$400-500 for an install sounds more realistic, it's about a 3-4 hour job plus the alignment is another $100-150.

I haven't used any shops on my car so I can't really recommend a shop, so far I have done everything on my own.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:26 AM   #3
Black_FiFTY
Custom Black FiFTY

Drives: 2017 Black SS
Thanks, and yeah he was saying 2hrs per wheel. He was really trying to talk me out of doing it which was surprising.
Black_FiFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #4
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
8 hrs total, that sounds like a load of B.S. or he really doesn't know what he's doing...

I saw a DIY that did it in almost half the time, only tools you really need that the avg Joe wouldn't have is a spring compressor tool. The rears shouldn't take more than 30 min to 1 hr each, the fronts are a little more complicated so maybe 1 to 1.5 hrs each (that was for the DIY) a pro that does this every day should be able to knock this out in 4-5 hours with all the right tools and a lift.

Maybe the MRC scared him, there are a few more steps with the MRC but it doesn't add hours to the job, just a few more connectors that need to be disconnected so you don't snap them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_FiFTY View Post
Thanks, and yeah he was saying 2hrs per wheel. He was really trying to talk me out of doing it which was surprising.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #5
ltcol_king

Drives: 17' 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_FiFTY View Post
Hello all, I am long time lurker and wasn't really planning on joining till I did some mods but have a question regarding lowering my SS with MRC. I am just curious what others have paid for lowering their Camaro and where can I get it done within a reasonable distance from DC? I called a place Trick Trucks & Cars since they are local to me and the guy quoted me $850 for the installation plus alignment. I was NOT expecting that! He also was trying to basically talk me out of it, asking me why I would want to ruin my warranty? I said well I am not too concerned with my suspension warranty since most parts I can upgrade if something goes wrong down the road. He said no if you lower it you'll void your drivetrain warranty. That sounds like some BS to me! I really don't think they wanted to do the work to begin with. I have the Eibach springs sitting here waiting to be installed. Was looking to spend $4-500 on the installation.
Did you ever find definitive information on voiding your warranty by lowering your car? Did you get it done? If so, where and how much did it cost? Today, I was quoted $500 to install. He told me to drive 200-250 miles afterwards before alignment. I called a second shop and was told I would void my warranty if I lowered the car. Came to the forums and saw your post...
ltcol_king is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cost, lowering, mrc, springs