Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-19-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Storm GM Headquarters

All who are sick of waiting and in favor of storming GM's headquarters en masse to finally see the un-padded car say "Ay!"

VIVA LA CAMARO6!

*note actual battlescene would be much more epic*

hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
I know you are being half sarcastic but I have to agree it's time to see more of the car.
I now find myself only occasionally checking the website to see if there are any updates
Old 11-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #3
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68vert View Post
I know you are being half sarcastic but I have to agree it's time to see more of the car.
I now find myself only occasionally checking the website to see if there are any updates
lol 100% sarcastic

I just thought it was funny, and (in seriousness) think that it would be better for GM to wait longer, and make a better car, than rush it, and have another rubbermaid interior with rectangles for tail lights
Old 11-20-2014, 06:34 PM   #4
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
thought for sure we'd see something the week of the GT350 reveal. disappointed because i really like that GT350 ....

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #5
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Despite a few denials, I continue to believe that NAIAS 2015 in Detroit is the most likely time and place for the debut. 7 weeks and counting...
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #6
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Notice how sighting have died off ? Wonder if this means it's ready and they are just waiting to surprise unveil it at Detroit
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #7
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just to be clear, there isn't a prototype car to look at the HQ building downtown Detroit. Likely the cars are at the proving grounds in Milford and other test properties in Warren. But until the CTF cars hit the road, you won't see anything at the HQ..................sarcasm or not
Old 11-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
hypercarfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just to be clear, there isn't a prototype car to look at the HQ building downtown Detroit. Likely the cars are at the proving grounds in Milford and other test properties in Warren. But until the CTF cars hit the road, you won't see anything at the HQ..................sarcasm or not
STORM.

E V E R Y T H I N G

Old 11-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
anotherreject

Drives: no camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

All who are sick of waiting and in favor of storming GM's headquarters en masse to finally see the un-padded car say "Ay!"

VIVA LA CAMARO6!

+1, i am getting restless waiting.
I passed up a good deal on a used ss, i dont want to buy a gen 5 then see a gen 6 and want it but be stuck in a gen 5
anotherreject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

VIVA LA CAMARO6!

Personally, I'd rather they wait as long as possible to show the car. Its not as if showing it now is going to get it into showrooms any sooner. I find it infuriating when GM (or anyone else, but GM is particularly bad for doing this) shows a new car then 9 months later ordering begins. I don't see any reason why it needs to be any more than couple months between auto-show unveil & start of production.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Personally, I'd rather they wait as long as possible to show the car. Its not as if showing it now is going to get it into showrooms any sooner. I find it infuriating when GM (or anyone else, but GM is particularly bad for doing this) shows a new car then 9 months later ordering begins. I don't see any reason why it needs to be any more than couple months between auto-show unveil & start of production.
That's a fair point. GM is hardly alone, though. It's pretty much standard practice for the Detroit 3, as well as some of the European brands, to show off cars well in advance of release.

Toyota often takes your approach... "Here's the new Camry... Ordering starts now... Deliveries in a month or two."

In any case, I don't think that we're talking about 9 months between the debut of the Camaro and ordering. Let's say that it surfaces in January. Production in August... Ordering starts in May. It's like 4-5 months.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote