Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
1LE PVC System on LFX

Can you install a 1LE PVC System on a LFX motor?
Attached Images

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #2
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Yes, there is a thread about it in the DIY section... Or it might be in this section, but it's been done...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=1le+lfx

But why would you want to? You can buy an aftermarket clean side can for quite a bit less than the 1LE one.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 AM   #3
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Get the Elite.
'Nuff said.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #4
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
I have done this (as you can see from the DIY thread Jason posted).

If I was to do this today, I'd probably start with the new Elite clean side separator for cost reasons. I probably would not buy another catch can. For the the way I drive the LFX, that would be overkill.

Also do not be too put off by the price of the 1LE Oil Separator. It can be had for less than MSRP if you know where to look.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #5
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Get the Elite.
'Nuff said.
Yes, let us help you with a Clean-Side Separator
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #6
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Yes, let us help you with a Clean-Side Separator
Can i get some credit on my rx can......lol

I love to trade up if you can work a deal.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 06-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #7
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
Go sell it over on the modern camaros forum. AFTER you get your Elite.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Lol. K
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #9
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Is there a way to simply use a normal catch can setup on the clean side as well?

Suspension Mods: BMR and JPSS Sways, BMR Poly Bushings, BMR strut tower brace, BMR control arms, BMR toe arms, stock springs and struts
Engine Mods: All bolt ons (haha)
Brake Mods: Brembo SS caliper swap front and rear
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:35 AM   #10
karicamaro

Drives: 2012 v6 camaro
Why cant we just use the universal catch cans on ebay that cost like 30.00 ? Im not saying the elite isn't good quality< I just don't understand the difference. If I can save money nfor more parts that's what I would like to do.
karicamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:40 AM   #11
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by karicamaro View Post
Why cant we just use the universal catch cans on ebay that cost like 30.00 ? Im not saying the elite isn't good quality< I just don't understand the difference. If I can save money nfor more parts that's what I would like to do.
most of us tend to buy what we know works properly. if you buy the cheap one and it does not work then you will still end up buying the better one you should have bought in the first place and in the end spending more money. do it right the first time, go with what is known to work well.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc View Post
most of us tend to buy what we know works properly. if you buy the cheap one and it does not work then you will still end up buying the better one you should have bought in the first place and in the end spending more money. do it right the first time, go with what is known to work well.

This. +1
Old 06-14-2014, 11:32 PM   #13
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by karicamaro View Post
Because most of those cans are empty and have no baffling inside for the oil to condense onto when it travels through the catch can. So the oil just flows right though as if you had no catch can at all, defeating the purpose of having one in the first place.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote