#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-05-2017, 11:56 AM   #29
ssrallyred

Drives: 2017 Summit White ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliChillax View Post
That and updated styling, updated interior, new tech and probably improved engine/trans. There's also no Chevy dealers where I live, so waiting for the facelift is the smartest choice for me.

So the Chevy dealership by you will be built by 2019 and have an allocation ?
ssrallyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:23 PM   #30
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Bump, going to "interview" my two local dealerships today about this recall and how, specifically, they will service my car if I bring it in for this. I'm sooooo scarred to bring my car to a dealer for service at all. My car stays immaculately clean and under a cover on the charger at home. Dealerships are a cluster and I'm nervous about scratches etc.

LMcgrew79, they don't use a machine to flush at all? If that's the case, I may just buy the fluid and change it at my buddies shop myself using your instructions you so kindly provided.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:00 PM   #31
spotswood

Drives: Lexus, ZL1 1LE, Ducati, Suzuki,
Makes me glad I bought a 6 speed manual
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #32
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
Makes me glad I bought a 6 speed manual
Take a deep breath. It's just a fluid level adjustment lol. I gander you only read the title
Old 09-13-2017, 01:30 PM   #33
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I wonder what is considered high trans temps? They need to tell us what the normal temp is supposed to be. I've thought the temp seems to run on the high side myself, but most everyone else seems to say theirs does too, so is that normal or not? I've not noticed any gear slippage or erratic shifting, so maybe mine is fine. Mine is usually around 185-190.

+1
while I cant speak specifically to the A10....185-190 is a safe operating temp for most Automatics. My A6 runs at 187 and I think the thermostat is around 180 from the factory
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #34
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
Got my little onstar email report today and noticed this. Mine has been fine so far. Hard to tell if all are overfilled, or just some with their working.
Can you post the entire bulletin? I'd like to see the procedure -- mainly the temperature where the fluid should be checked. The guy who had the engineers involved with his car mentioned 190-210 degrees. The older 8 speeds recommend doing it at 95-113, so big difference. I can't find any official documents on the A10, so maybe this will clear it up.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 PM   #35
ninetres

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
Can you post the entire bulletin? I'd like to see the procedure -- mainly the temperature where the fluid should be checked. The guy who had the engineers involved with his car mentioned 190-210 degrees. The older 8 speeds recommend doing it at 95-113, so big difference. I can't find any official documents on the A10, so maybe this will clear it up.
If you go to your local dealer, they will print you out the exact procedure the techs go through to check and rectify the level of necessary. Give them your VIN, if your car is effected by the possible level issue, ask them nicely to print out the technician instructions.

The temp for the ZL1 trans check is 209*f
Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 PM   #36
BMWM.D.

Quote:
If you go to your local dealer, they will print you out the exact procedure the techs go through to check and rectify the level of necessary. Give them your VIN, if your car is effected by the possible level issue, ask them nicely to print out the technician instructions.

The temp for the ZL1 trans check is 209*f
I'm not sure if my car is affected. I don't see any recalls, but I don't think this is really a recall. But if the temp is 209, that's all I really need to know. It would be cool to see the whole procedure though. If you or someone can screen shot it, that would be awesome.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:12 PM   #37
1roadking

Drives: 2017 ZL1 silver A10
I feel like my A10 shifts way smoother and better when fully heated up. In these coolers months it takes quite a while to get up to normal operating temp.
1roadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #38
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1roadking View Post
I feel like my A10 shifts way smoother and better when fully heated up. In these coolers months it takes quite a while to get up to normal operating temp.
That's been my observation too, glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks so. Once the A10 is warm it shifts like silk.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 12:33 AM   #39
ninetres

Quote:
I'm not sure if my car is affected. I don't see any recalls, but I don't think this is really a recall. But if the temp is 209, that's all I really need to know. It would be cool to see the whole procedure though. If you or someone can screen shot it, that would be awesome.
It’s absolutely a recall, but only for a certain run of a10 builds. If you check your mychevrolet app and don’t see an alert.....your VIN was NOT one of the builds possibly over filled,

The instructions are basically:
Get trans up to 209*
Open drain/fill plug (it’s the same plug)
Let any fluid that comes out drain until it stops.....if there is any to behind with.
Replace plug.

I’ll try to post pics of it if I get some time in the next couple days. The sheets are in my garage. And email :p
Old 10-17-2017, 09:20 AM   #40
BMWM.D.

Quote:
It’s absolutely a recall, but only for a certain run of a10 builds. If you check your mychevrolet app and don’t see an alert.....your VIN was NOT one of the builds possibly over filled,

The instructions are basically:
Get trans up to 209*
Open drain/fill plug (it’s the same plug)
Let any fluid that comes out drain until it stops.....if there is any to behind with.
Replace plug.

I’ll try to post pics of it if I get some time in the next couple days. The sheets are in my garage. And email :p
Thanks man. I just want to check the level when I'm doing my break in oil change. My transmission is making a whining noise that I'm not sure is normal or not. It's done it since day one, so I'd like to verify the level.

Some other A10 owners have reported that they don't hear the whine I do, but I'm fairly sure I heard it on another ZL1 I fired up at the dealership, but I'm going to confirm that when I'm over there later this week. It's a high pitched gear whine type noise that can be heard at idle and just off idle (below ~1500 RPM). Almost reminds me of a 671 blower on an old small block. It doesn't really sound like a pump starving for fluid, but I know these A10s have a gear driven variable output pump, so maybe they sound different.

Last edited by BMWM.D.; 10-17-2017 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #41
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
How do they know which one is overfilled?
They found the drunk dude who was in charge
And the week he was sad?
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #42
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Thanks man. I just want to check the level when I'm doing my break in oil change. My transmission is making a whining noise that I'm not sure is normal or not. It's done it since day one, so I'd like to verify the level.

Some other A10 owners have reported that they don't hear the whine I do, but I'm fairly sure I heard it on another ZL1 I fired up at the dealership, but I'm going to confirm that when I'm over there later this week. It's a high pitched gear whine type noise that can be heard at idle and just off idle (below ~1500 RPM). Almost reminds me of a 671 blower on an old small block. It doesn't really sound like a pump starving for fluid, but I know these A10s have a gear driven variable output pump, so maybe they sound different.
I've been listening for a whine everytime I drive the car latley to see if I can help in some way, but mine just doesn't do it, or if it does, it's so quiet I still haven't heard it.

I am now suffering from a harsh upshift from 3rd to 4th when in manual mode that someone started a thread on. When I first read that thread, I made the comment that mine wasn't doing it. I could feel the 4-3 downshift more than other gears, but it wasn't what I'd call harsh. Now I have it.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote