Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #1
Jagrocksmi

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
First time at the strip

Hey guys I have been bitten by the bug. Went out to a local track in Lapeer MI last weekend and had a blast.

Here is my best ET, i need to work on the 60ft and best reaction time of the day was .180. Cant wait to go back and practice some more.

Other than the driver mod I would like to look into getting a set of wheels and tires drag specific. Really debating on doing the 15inch conversion since I would like to be able to do a few track days a year still. What are you thoughts? I know there are a ton of threads but what has been working and what would you do different if you were starting from scratch like me?

Attachment 823546
Attached Images

Jagrocksmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #2
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
Were you the guy that liked my wheels?

That's a pretty good time I think. Tires should get you in the 12s
LS3 intake and throttle body, Huron Speed Products twin turbo with 6265 oil less turbos, and 3" header back, JRE smooth cam, ID1300, Fore dual 450lph pumps with MSD voltage booster, A6, 305/45/17 MT Street R
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
Jagrocksmi

lol Yes I was. I had a blast can't wait to go back. Since it was my first time i didn't mess with tire pressures. I just left them at 36 and ran in competition mode.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
It is fun. We are about the same distance to Milan if you ever can go there, it's a much nicer place. I like the Lapeer too though. I am not sure Milan would let me run so I don't want to chance it.
LS3 intake and throttle body, Huron Speed Products twin turbo with 6265 oil less turbos, and 3" header back, JRE smooth cam, ID1300, Fore dual 450lph pumps with MSD voltage booster, A6, 305/45/17 MT Street R
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrocksmi View Post
Hey guys I have been bitten by the bug. Went out to a local track in Lapeer MI last weekend and had a blast.

Here is my best ET, i need to work on the 60ft and best reaction time of the day was .180. Cant wait to go back and practice some more.

Other than the driver mod I would like to look into getting a set of wheels and tires drag specific. Really debating on doing the 15inch conversion since I would like to be able to do a few track days a year still. What are you thoughts? I know there are a ton of threads but what has been working and what would you do different if you were starting from scratch like me?

Attachment 823546
Your 60 foot is not too bad for Lapeer considering their track prep normally sucks. Are you an LS3 or L99? Where there a lot of cars out there? I am planning to head out there in the next couple of weeks. If you want a better chance and better more accurate times, my advice would be to hit Milan or Ubly. They are a little further, but a much better track experience. I like Lapeer for having legal fun though.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:59 PM   #6
Jagrocksmi

robrocketanski,
I usually go to the heads up race the first Friday of every month. My Cousin races open comp I would eventually like to get to the point I can run that with him.

newagemuscle,
I am L99 only mod is Borla mufflers. I grew up at Ubly and Milan, my dad raced super gas so we were at the track every weekend. He sold his car before I could really get into it myself and life has made me wait to this point. Probably a good thing because I am hooked any can't wait to go back. This was the first time I have ever been to lapeer. After being a regular at Milan it was definitely a different experience. lol

I am planning on going out again this year maybe I'll see you there.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:08 PM   #7
Jagrocksmi

Here is a quick vid I made of my first ever pass.