#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2024, 10:46 AM   #29
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Having just spent a while trying to sell my 911S privately / trade in, and you probably already know this but I'll repeat it:

Lowest headaches, lower money, and fastest, sell it to a dealer.
Highest headaches, more money, and slowest, sell it privately.

I listed my car, which was a CPO mint condition *highly optioned* (over $24k) red (rare-ish) convertible (people either looking for them, or not) on Cars.com, Autotrader.com, and Rennlist Marketplace (the largest and most active Porsche forums for the US market) and it was easily 10:1 the amount of scammers vs real people.

I would take a hard look at BAT, and in a pinch, eBay, but I would put a reserve on it. But beware of fees as they will eat into your profit.

For me, the constant haggling during a trade in is the worst part, I'm a very easy going and reasonable guy, so I get offended when I'm expecting $85k which I came up with after a shitload of research, which allows them to put it up for sale for $95k, take $90k and still turn a decent profit, and they offer $75k. **** that.

I finally found one of the 5 Porsche dealers in the area to offer me $82k, and he showed me all his cards / numbers, what his boss expected is profit margins to be, and I did happily forgo the $3k in difference to have a 100% painless experience where the amount of running around and paperwork and worrying was nil. He even told me my numbers that I was expecting for a private sale were in line with what he was seeing.
Good info and advice here.
The dealers are crooks these days ever since they got a taste of covid money and high mark ups and over sticker BS. The dealer model used to be to sell cars for not much profit because your money makers are parts, service, and auto body. Maybe that philosophy is changing with them "expecting" to move towards electric cars (which the consumer has stated they do not want, and for the record I have an electric suv and I will never buy another).
I bought a used 2019 suv in Dec of 2022. I paid 49k for it and added ceramic coating and interior package which was like $1500 more. I wanted to upgrade to the bigger model in Sept 2023, so 9 months later, they were offering me 34k for the car that was worth almost the same as when I bought it (keep in mind I paid 49k but most of the same cars were going for 54-58k). Its just crazy. My electric paper weight I paid $140k for...one year later they offered me $85k for it!!!! They said that was best case scenario because nobody wants them and this was coming from Mercedes Benz the company that wants to be all electric. I got "lucky" and got mine for sticker, but every other dealer was 20% over sticker at the time. Can you imagine that loss??? Needless to say I am stuck with that car for a while, but thankfully I have other ICE ready to roll.
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:28 AM   #30
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Thanks guys. Looking at the market, ZL1 prices are all over the place. Granted, these are asking prices, not selling prices. I think $70-72 is reasonable given the extremely low miles, the wrap/tint, and the other modifications. I know that not all buyers will want them, but for the right buyer I think the car is amazing.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 07:18 AM   #31
OCDRob

Drives: 2023 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I traded my 23 Zl1 to a dealer for $66k. The car stickered for $76k and I paid $74k. The car had complete ppf, no other mods. Mileage was around 2600 miles. The dealer listed it for $69,999 and it sold in two weeks. I checked with several other places to see what they would give me and the other highest bid was $62k. This was all about two months ago.
OCDRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:34 AM   #32
Fenmore

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
Thanks guys. Looking at the market, ZL1 prices are all over the place. Granted, these are asking prices, not selling prices. I think $70-72 is reasonable given the extremely low miles, the wrap/tint, and the other modifications. I know that not all buyers will want them, but for the right buyer I think the car is amazing.
Trying to find a legit cash buyer is the trick.
And weeding thru them can be frustrating. Its also frustrating for REAL cash buyers that get ignored because of all the D bags and fake accounts on the internet!
You will sell it, but it might take months. Depends how patient you are.
I personally think for a manual its a little high. But I bought my ZL1 about 2 months ago, after about 2 months of aggressive searching, and I was seeing a lot of recent activity, especially on anything under 20k miles.
Maybe check with some local dealers that have financing programs that would sell it on consignment basis (some of the higher end dealers do this (exotic cars)).
Fenmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:53 PM   #33
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenmore View Post
Trying to find a legit cash buyer is the trick.
And weeding thru them can be frustrating. Its also frustrating for REAL cash buyers that get ignored because of all the D bags and fake accounts on the internet!
You will sell it, but it might take months. Depends how patient you are.
I personally think for a manual its a little high. But I bought my ZL1 about 2 months ago, after about 2 months of aggressive searching, and I was seeing a lot of recent activity, especially on anything under 20k miles.
Maybe check with some local dealers that have financing programs that would sell it on consignment basis (some of the higher end dealers do this (exotic cars)).
Thanks, I did reach out to one about consignment. They would take it, but said it would have to sell for 77k for me to net 70, and that seems too high to realistically expect. I'm waiting to see what they will offer me outright.
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-23-2024, 03:57 PM   #34
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Interest rates right now aren't helping any potential buyers either. The whole car market has slowed considerably since the rate increases.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 PM   #35
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Interest rates right now aren't helping any potential buyers either. The whole car market has slowed considerably since the rate increases.
I'm a Realtor, I know how bad the rates are screwing everything.
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-23-2024, 08:15 PM   #36
Z OH 6

Quote:
I'm a Realtor, I know how bad the rates are screwing everything.
Yea, my wife is a realtor too.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:29 PM   #37
MT-SS1LE

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE Sharkskin
These last 3 years have been an unmitigated economic disaster for this country. Whether trying to buy or sell car, a house, to the cost of groceries. Let's hope it becomes a faint memory next year.
Old 03-23-2024, 08:42 PM   #38
JBones81

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
These last 3 years have been an unmitigated economic disaster for this country. Whether trying to buy or sell car, a house, to the cost of groceries. Let's hope it becomes a faint memory next year.
Actually, most all economic indicators are good right now. The last 3 years have been mostly positive for this country, economy wise. Remember that after the previous administration and the pandemic, most economic experts were predicting a recession.

But, as I mentioned in another thread, perception is reality. Step back from ultra conservative media outlets and watch your opinions start to return to normal.
Instagram - @JBsCars
Old 03-24-2024, 07:40 PM   #39
Drnick

Drives: 22’ ZL1
Quote:
Actually, most all economic indicators are good right now. The last 3 years have been mostly positive for this country, economy wise. Remember that after the previous administration and the pandemic, most economic experts were predicting a recession.

But, as I mentioned in another thread, perception is reality. Step back from ultra conservative media outlets and watch your opinions start to return to normal.
Well your from California, and that’s your perception, let us know how your
Perception is when your governor signs into law that “Reperations bill” that
His fellow buddies are pushing! And the free health care for illegals ,er, undocumented aliens.
Drnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 08:27 PM   #40
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-SS1LE View Post
Let's hope so. We're far worse off in every way than we were 3 years ago. Anyone that says otherwise lives in California.
Old 03-24-2024, 09:42 PM   #41
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
I wanted to post some cold hard reality, but canceled out of the editor. There is little point trying to engage with someone who seriously thinks "the last 3 years have been mostly positive for this country, economy wise". Unless his post was meant to troll us, of course.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18

Last edited by arpad_m; 03-25-2024 at 06:57 AM.
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:41 PM   #42
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drnick View Post
Well your from California, and that’s your perception, let us know how your
Perception is when your governor signs into law that “Reperations bill” that
His fellow buddies are pushing! And the free health care for illegals ,er, undocumented aliens.
What does being from CA have anything to do with perception? What you type on your keyboard says more about who you are than your location.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote