Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #1
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
Need Muffler Delete Feedback

Hey guys i recently purchased my 2010 2SS manual Camaro. I dont have the extra funds for an axle or cat back exhaust system but the stock exhaust is a little quite for me. Ive heard plenty of videos of camaros with just a muffler delete and they sound good to me. My question is what kind of drone should i expect at the 65-80 mph range as this is my DD and i dont want the drone to make me hate driving it. I expect to get some but how much. An in car video at those speeds would be great. All the videos on youtube are pretty much WOT. Any feedback good or bad would be great.
LS3 Handler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:29 AM   #2
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
I went with the Doug Thorley muffler delete as the only exhaust mod (on Amazon for $250). I did need to take it to a muffler shop to expand the pipes to fit on the stock pike, but I cut the trash cans off myself. Nice rumble at start up, quiet when cruising, and awesome at WOT. Regardless of some other posts that might indicate otherwise, there is no drone at any speed - highest cruise speed I tested was a buck for 2 minutes = no drone.
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:03 AM   #3
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
But a Solo muffler delete kit. ZERO DRONE, great sound, and great price. I installed one on my Camaro a couple of weeks ago after years of anticipation and I wish I could have done it sooner! It only has a muffled X pipe for a muffler (which will keep you legal depending on where you live) and the rest is piping. It will look funny because of the J pipes, but that is how you tune out the drone. The way they have it preset from the factory, on mine, was drone free already. www.solo-performance.com otherwise check out places like www.marylandspeed.com
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:05 AM   #4
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Just got my Solo axleback (muff delete). Sounds awesome when you get on it. Quiet otherwise. Drone is zero!! I repeat ZERO. I was surprised to find that I had the GMPP muffs on the car already when they jacked it up. That would explain why it sounded pretty decent to begin with. But in the convertible I did have some drone at about 60mph in 6th gear. Now the drone is gone with the Solo.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
I have muffler delete but recently put on headers and hiflow cats. With just the muffler delete there is no drone I don't think. Idk about drone with headers cause I haven't driven on highway yet.