Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
lnsjr1

Drives: 02'Z28 07'CTS 03'HD Fatboy
GM loyality discounts????

I have had 7 GM cars in the last 9 years, where are the loyality discounts for the people who has stayed and will stay loyal to GM.. And how about the 200 shares of stock thats worth .44 Should we get a discount for that???? Seems like my loyality does'nt really matter to GM. My order is due to get pulled in a few weeks so get cracking on some loyality program fro the people that will stick with you and your employees.
lnsjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
There is only one reason to discount or incentive inventory and that is to lower your days supply by moving the grounded stock. Why in the world would GM incentivize a car selling in a matter of days and give profit away unnecessarily?

In situations like Camaro is in right now, if you won't buy another will line up and grab it. Someday that will change as it does for every car - that would be the time to roll out incentives. Only a fool would do that with something as hot as Camaro is right now, you would only be throwing money away with no real lift in your sales rate.
RPO F55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 AM   #3
socalicrusin

Drives: 2010 Camaro2SS/RS Summit White A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsjr1 View Post
I have had 7 GM cars in the last 9 years, where are the loyality discounts for the people who has stayed and will stay loyal to GM.. And how about the 200 shares of stock thats worth .44 Should we get a discount for that???? Seems like my loyality does'nt really matter to GM. My order is due to get pulled in a few weeks so get cracking on some loyality program fro the people that will stick with you and your employees.
I know folks are saying you can't get a discount but my experience says different..in '05 when I purchased my 1st (new model year) '06 Trailblazerr SS they said there were no discounts available..when it came in (Dec'05) there where factory incentives and only a month after I took delivery (Jan.06) there where even bigger discounts...it all depends on when you are going to take delivery.... to boot I'm getting GMS pricing on my Camaro order (family works for GM) and some dealers are offering GMS to folks who don't even have family that works for GM..you gotta search real hard....good luck!
socalicrusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 AM   #4
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnsjr1 View Post
You're buying a Camaro, so GM doesn't feel they need to do anything more to keep you coming other than offer a pretty kick ass car But I do feel your pain about the stocks after the bankruptcy.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
They DO have loyalty discounts. Pretty good ones in fact. They're just not doing them for 2010 models yet.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote