Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
That right there is why. 1LE is a different animal than a regular SS. Pretty sure most of the non-1LE guys get miffed when a 1LE guy breaks 400whp without a cam (which, from what I've seen, happens a lot).
Only difference is gears, bolt on tune LS3 SS will crack 400 wheel no problem. Both engines make same power, 3.7 gears on 1LE just add more power down low. If you do a, idk, 120-30 roll, for arguments sake I know its ridiculous, and both cars are bone stock 6MT, the non 1LE with pull the 1LE a bit. Lower gears leave more power up to. Its critical you learn this stuff so definitely look up gears.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:40 PM   #16
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Only difference is gears, bolt on tune LS3 SS will crack 400 wheel no problem. Both engines make same power, 3.7 gears on 1LE just add more power down low. If you do a, idk, 120-30 roll, for arguments sake I know its ridiculous, and both cars are bone stock 6MT, the non 1LE with pull the 1LE a bit. Lower gears leave more power up to. Its critical you learn this stuff so definitely look up gears.
I'm pretty sure the gearing of the rear end AND transmissions are different, so the first gears are comparable but the 2-4 spread is closer with the 1LE than the regular SS (and the overdrive gears are about the same, but that's irrelevant). Also comes from the 2011 SS being rated at 4.8s 0-60 and the 1LE rated for 4.2s 0-60 (and a similar 2013 SS being rated for 4.5s 0-60). Plus the electronic power steering in 2013. Etc.

My comment about the 400whp mark spawned from what I've seen on the forums because a lot of people were calling BS in this one thread where a guy broke 400whp (I think no tune, just intake and headers then dyno'd by GPI?) and there was just this weird fiasco... I don't know. I'm not in the SS area much.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote