Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #43
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline12 View Post
I've deployed over seas a couple of times I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years so don't give me that bs. I know how to handle business honorably and follow through.
I don't see how this is relevant? Being a service member does not automatically mean you are an honorable and honest person - there are bad people in every profession and walk of life. I'm sure you are not one of those people, but it always annoys me when people pull the military service card as though it's a guaranteed proof of character. Good luck with getting this squared away.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #44
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I don't see how this is relevant? Being a service member does not automatically mean you are an honorable and honest person - there are bad people in every profession and walk of life. I'm sure you are not one of those people, but it always annoys me when people pull the military service card as though it's a guaranteed proof of character. Good luck with getting this squared away.
At the very least it should gain you some effin respect.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #45
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
LOL at the comments about suing the dealer. Suing for what? What are your damages? Are you seriously going to tie up the courts over this mickey mouse shit?

Write a letter to the owner, not an email, a letter. Be courteous, explain what happened, then walk away. Feel free to let everyone that you meet know what kind of place it is, but a lawsuit? I can understand maybe going after them if they put in writing they would pay for new tires but if you don't have at least that, then you have no legal standing. It's not worth your time.

Media comments? Really? You think the media gives a fart about things you can't prove? Why bother?

I'm also laughing at all the internet tough guy talk. 99% of you are just that, talkers. You wouldn't do jack except publicly act like the same kind of jerks this dealer seems to be.

The 1% who would be dumb enough to lay your hands on someone are encouraged to do so, where you can spend a good deal of time in a state run facility, where people like you need to be kept.

To the OP, that sucks and it's a damn shame some busineses do business in this way. My advice, buy your tires, write your letter, tell people you know what happened (or perfect strangers for that matter)and walk the hell away. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, don't let oral promises stand from now on, get it in writing. Good luck

Common sense and logical business assessment of the situation have no place here in the tough guy thread Frank, please refrain form posting like this again....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #46
Bauer2

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE and 2009 R1
Quote:
LOL at the comments about suing the dealer. Suing for what? What are your damages? Are you seriously going to tie up the courts over this mickey mouse shit?

Write a letter to the owner, not an email, a letter. Be courteous, explain what happened, then walk away. Feel free to let everyone that you meet know what kind of place it is, but a lawsuit? I can understand maybe going after them if they put in writing they would pay for new tires but if you don't have at least that, then you have no legal standing. It's not worth your time.

Media comments? Really? You think the media gives a fart about things you can't prove? Why bother?

I'm also laughing at all the internet tough guy talk. 99% of you are just that, talkers. You wouldn't do jack except publicly act like the same kind of jerks this dealer seems to be.

The 1% who would be dumb enough to lay your hands on someone are encouraged to do so, where you can spend a good deal of time in a state run facility, where people like you need to be kept.

To the OP, that sucks and it's a damn shame some busineses do business in this way. My advice, buy your tires, write your letter, tell people you know what happened (or perfect strangers for that matter)and walk the hell away. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, don't let oral promises stand from now on, get it in writing. Good luck

Well for one its Illegal to sell a car thats adverstised as street legal when its not so the dealership is legally liable for it. Just saying.
Bauer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Wow, this is why I love the "Internets" Nothing like dragging personal issues onto a somewhat public forum and starting the mudslingng from both sides.

Sorry folks, but, somthings need to be handled in a somewhat more effective manner and not a street brawl, which it appears this is becoming.

Once the can was opened, the worms have now escaped.

Just thinikng that this could have been handled a bit better on both sides (Mutual Respect and Customer Servcie.)

Last edited by greenrail; 07-05-2013 at 02:07 PM.
greenrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer2 View Post
Well for one its Illegal to sell a car thats adverstised as street legal when its not so the dealership is legally liable for it. Just saying.

Wait a tick, I must have missed that part. Can you please repost the part where there is proof that the car isn't street legal?

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #49
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
I think the dealer should pay off my car for this! ... but seriously I dropped it a while ago, I have bought new tires and have chalked it up as a lesson learned. I'm just curious as what you guys would do. I don't see any benefit of writing to gm or the owner at the moment.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #50
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
I'd call the Better Business Bureau........
Kinetic Kev HWSE 2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #51
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline12 View Post
I don't see any benefit of writing to gm or the owner at the moment.

Solid thinking...in the grand scheme of things, you are correct. Move on.....
Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #52
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:

clean out your crack pipe.

The media would love a story like this: Marine who's done a few tours gets screwed by car dealer, then harassed?

He'll have 10 crusading journalists camped outside his house for weeks!
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #53
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
clean out your crack pipe.

The media would love a story like this: Marine who's done a few tours gets screwed by car dealer, then harassed?

He'll have 10 crusading journalists camped outside his house for weeks!
The media does not touch stuff like this.....trust me.....thy can get their ass sued off for all sorts of things if they are not 100 pct in the right. And in retail, nothing is 100 pct.

You guys are all forgetting the dealer is a CLIENT of the media.......
Old 07-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #54
Bauer2

Quote:
Wait a tick, I must have missed that part. Can you please repost the part where there is proof that the car isn't street legal?
Tires are required to have a certain amount of tread left before a car can be considered street legal. If they sold it with a current inspection and the tires don't meet the criteria to pass that inspection it's fraud.

Sent from the future!!
Old 07-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #55
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
The media does not touch stuff like this.....trust me.....thy can get their ass sued off for all sorts of things if they are not 100 pct in the right. And in retail, nothing is 100 pct.

You guys are all forgetting the dealer is a CLIENT of the media.......
so...finance news is always 100pct correct?
Old 07-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
Bauer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
so...finance news is always 100pct correct?
always just like every thing on the internet is true

Sent from the future!!