Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #127
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
Let me rephrase: I treat everyone with equal respect. I don't give someone extra because they're older, but because of what they do to earn it. People of all ages face hardships. Thank you though.

My father taught me to watch out because people will always try to screw me no matter how they appear on the outside. Maybe he was just bitter after being sent to Vietnam unwillingly. I'm not gonna get into our economy but I can thank the older generation for that, yet they constantly tell me my generation is the worst. Let's leave it at that, I don't want to get into a debate even though I might have just started one.
Yes this is not the place for that debate, I posted that about respecting your elders because all of the negative posts in this thread about old people. In fact the OP assumed it was the people in the retirement community complaining, he had no proof it was, it could have been anyone, that is age discrimination my friend.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #128
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Let me rephrase: I treat everyone with equal respect. I don't give someone extra because they're older, but because of what they do to earn it. People of all ages face hardships. Thank you though.

My father taught me to watch out because people will always try to screw me no matter how they appear on the outside. Maybe he was just bitter after being sent to Vietnam unwillingly. I'm not gonna get into our economy but I can thank the older generation for that, yet they constantly tell me my generation is the worst. Let's leave it at that, I don't want to get into a debate even though I might have just started one.
You? I'm the one that brought up pigeonholing a single, unidentified generation.

I declare this Thank you, and good night.

Also, I've been pulled over for this before. The officer wasn't expecting me to ask about the Decibelmeter, and tried to pull the "Disturbing the Peace" line until I asked about the complaints. He let me go.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #129
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Yes this is not the place for that debate, I posted that about respecting your elders because all of the negative posts in this thread about old people. In fact the OP assumed it was the people in the retirement community complaining, he had no proof it was, it could have been anyone, that is age discrimination my friend.
That's true, I was speaking generally, not in regards to this topic as I should have. My car is louder than OP's but I always put it in high gear/coast in neighborhoods. It's common sense. Plus he has the ability to close them with a switch so there's really no excuse.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Old 07-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #130
s00pey
Always under ***ification

Drives: 2010 1ss aqua blue
It's also possible the officer had the stop on video. I would consider actually finding out the facts of how the judicial system works, before listening to these back room lawyers. Most states only require that the exhaust be louder than factory to be illegal. Don't get yourself into a hole, that keeps collapsing around you.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #131
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Respect is earned, not given to someone because they're older than me.
This is true, but you shouldn't assume strangers don't deserve any respect until they "earn it" (by your standards, of course)... you should assume they are worthy of respect until they prove otherwise.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #132
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
I'm not gonna get into our economy but I can thank the older generation for that...
And that would be... your Father's generation? Mister "everyone's out to screw you"? It's all starting to make more sense now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie
I don't want to get into a debate...
No... you don't.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 07-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #133
soFlo305

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
guys get over the decibel reader already, it does not apply to this violation. Its simple, modify your stock exhaust expect to a ticket. If you never get one, lucky you. Play loud music that can be heard 25 feet beyond your car, expect a ticket. If you never get one, lucky you.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #134
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Huggerwhite View Post
2" headers, no cats, and factory dual mode with the fuse pulled. At night you can here me from miles away.
And the OP is the innocent victim..? I almost confused this thread with the Most Obnoxious Exhaust thread.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #135
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Somehow, I am thinking, that many peope, (Not pointing fingers here) think that annoying others regardless of age is okay. However, if you are young or old, work odd hours and live in a relatively quiet neighborhood, you need to keep in mind that this type of ongoing frivolous annoyance, ends up being nothing more than an irritation for all involved.

It's not just about respect here. It's about mutual respect (there is a difference).

The Golden Rule and the Live and Let Live principles.

Personally, I have a somewhat louder exhaust on my Rosie. I keep out of it when I am driving around my neighborhood out of respect for others. My Neighbor, has a straight pipe Harley, and he does the same thing. It's the way we were brought up. It also fosters the ability for all of us in our neighborhood to help one another out when needed.

So, in the end, I would encourage deeper thinking about the implications about one's actions.

At some point, someone ends up paying a price based on local noise and distrubance laws or ordinances.

I love the sound of a hot car as much as anyone. But, there is a time and place for everything.

Just sayin'!

Last edited by greenrail; 07-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #136
KSCamaro

Drives: Still Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Huggerwhite View Post
2" headers, no cats, and factory dual mode with the fuse pulled. At night you can here me from miles away. He said change it or I'll keep getting these tickets. I told him I'm not changing it and if I get another ticket well the sound is worth it.
Then you deserve every single ticket that you get.
The sound may be "worth it" to you, but you seem to have absolutely no consideration for those around you.
I've had neighbors with loud, aftermarket exhaust on their car, and another Harley owner who had no clue how to let the bike idle to warm up. He had to rev the engine for 5 mins straight. I couldn't say how many times I was woken up by these idiots but the amount was considerable.
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #137
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSCamaro View Post
Treat others the way you want to be treated.

Yea, you shouldn't be proud if the exhaust can be heard from miles away in a residential area.

I think you get the point from what everyone is trying to say.

Closed Thread