Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
RPO F55

Drives: 2005 C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
PQ You DO realize that GM set the date for model year change some time ago, so if you run a Bizz of this size, do you not have your PR get all Advertising ready some time back.

If the PPL that do the Advertising F** on this what else do F** on, Remember this company went BK last year, So how long till they go back in to BK, and this time it will be 11 and then there done.

It a hard world and your only as good as your last Check, Some of you don't like what i am saying but that is how it is, I want GM here for ever.

But in this world they cant F** up, not now they cant afford too, So in the vast open space it no big deal, But in the case of GM they need to do a lot more then the next car company in order to stay at the same spot, They are on probation In a indirect way with the world.
2SSRS - you obviously have no marketing eduction or background, especially in the auto industry. It is the standard to incentive and market the preceding model year to the end of the Cal. Year. You market and incentivize to move your grounded stock, not the 2011's which are not in inventory in great numbers. Marketing 101 to those of us in the "real world" as you say. To spend money and time marketing the minority of your inventory is a poor business decision - not sure why you are not grasping that, but some marketing experience would help you out.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
People who have actually followed GM for a while will know that vehicle websites typically don't transition over to the next model year right away. Not only is there still a large amount of 2010 models in inventory, they just haven't built that many 2011s yet.

And for the record, GM is now able to stay in business because they've cut legacy costs, they've minimized their debts, people are buying cars again, and they're now profitable.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #17
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I don't understand this sentence....
I can't even read that sentence.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO F55 View Post
2SSRS - you obviously have no marketing eduction or background, especially in the auto industry. It is the standard to incentive and market the preceding model year to the end of the Cal. Year. You market and incentivize to move your grounded stock, not the 2011's which are not in inventory in great numbers. Marketing 101 to those of us in the "real world" as you say. To spend money and time marketing the minority of your inventory is a poor business decision - not sure why you are not grasping that, but some marketing experience would help you out.
Your right i don't have any marketing eduction or background, But what i have is some thing not to many PPL have and that Common Sense, If you worked for my company, Not having the proper Add running is A non start, That is the problem Here you are tiring to to sell your old stock and losing sale's for new cars, If some one order's a new car that is a SALE.. not a well all they have is an old new 2010....

Only time will tell if i am right or you are. (And the BK court is the jury)
Old 07-03-2010, 12:28 PM   #19
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
People who have actually followed GM for a while will know that vehicle websites typically don't transition over to the next model year right away. Not only is there still a large amount of 2010 models in inventory, they just haven't built that many 2011s yet.

And for the record, GM is now able to stay in business because they've cut legacy costs, they've minimized their debts, people are buying cars again, and they're now profitable.
And how many cars did the US buy from you this year?
And if i am not off by much was your sales down 19% from the month before?
You are not out of the wood in no way shape or form...
Old 07-03-2010, 01:01 PM   #20
bobmac427

Drives: 2008 Z06
Went to the Ford Mustang site and they're showing the 2011.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
WTF???
Old 07-03-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac427 View Post
Well, if you had their previous models you would too.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #23
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Only b/c the 2010's are an embarrassment compared to Camaro.

Look, like has been said many times in this thread, some of you will find fault w/ anything, no matter how big or small, someone will find something they'll disagree w/ and GM can't win.

Even if they did have 2011 info up, it hardly changed from 2010 to 2011 models. The only people who would need this info are the folks who still won't know what any of it means even if they did have the info in front of them. Most of us here don't need the 2011 info b/c we know better than the most sales people do. We study this car, we know this car.

The people that drop the "GM went bankrupt and this is why" stuff know nothing about why GM really went under. GM went into bankrupty protection b/c of GMAC Home Mortgage. They were in tough financial straights before that, sure, but it wasn't over marketing.

Let's stop bashing GM at every turn.... It's really getting old.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:57 PM   #24
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Some of you don't like what i am saying
I'm not even sure WHAT you are saying. So I can't like or dislike it.

Quote:
lol, He was mocking 2SSRSs post.

Quote:
Your right i don't have any marketing eduction or background, But what i have is some thing not to many PPL have and that Common Sense, If you worked for my company, Not having the proper Add running is A non start, That is the problem Here you are tiring to to sell your old stock and losing sale's for new cars, If some one order's a new car that is a SALE.. not a well all they have is an old new 2010....

Only time will tell if i am right or you are. (And the BK court is the jury)
Why would I advertise for a new product when I have 100 times the numbers that are readily available? I can switch my ads when my current stock thins. Couple months from now.

Quote:
They have no choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Well, if you had their previous models you would too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #25
RafCon

Drives: 2004 YZF-R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post

Look, like has been said many times in this thread, some of you will find fault w/ anything, no matter how big or small, someone will find something they'll disagree w/ and GM can't win.

Even if they did have 2011 info up, it hardly changed from 2010 to 2011 models. The only people who would need this info are the folks who still won't know what any of it means even if they did have the info in front of them. Most of us here don't need the 2011 info b/c we know better than the most sales people do. We study this car, we know this car.

The people that drop the "GM went bankrupt and this is why" stuff know nothing about why GM really went under. GM went into bankrupty protection b/c of GMAC Home Mortgage. They were in tough financial straights before that, sure, but it wasn't over marketing.

Let's stop bashing GM at every turn.... It's really getting old.
Well said.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:16 PM   #26
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
This needs a giant face palm...................not that a link from Yahoo doesn't take you directly to the 2011 GM site, but the OP and rest of you (sorry in what I have always thought was a pro GM site) that use this as another excuse to bash the company.

I can't believe that was even worth starting a thread over.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM   #27
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
And how many cars did the US buy from you this year?
And if i am not off by much was your sales down 19% from the month before?
You are not out of the wood in no way shape or form...
1,069,577 units sold this year already. That's up 258,368 units from the same time last year.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #28
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Panties too tight, bobmac?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774

Closed Thread