Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #113
GRAHL
workaholic

Drives: 69 SS Lemans Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by macwest View Post
Man if you think modding your car with newer parts is a poser type your are off base. That is just hot rodding in general. As for being left out of big boys clubs what do you call all the zl1 owners little girls club.Sorry ZL1 owners but trying to make a point.

BTW GM is making a z28.r does anyone have part numbers from it. Those parts should not be on restriction and while it may be a different part number it is the same part. Listed in car and driver this month.
Directed more toward the people who want their car to LOOK like a z/28. little girls club?? haha, those are your words. I'd love to have ZL-1. They're #2 on my list!
Old 04-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #114
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I look to the ZL1 and Z/28 for inspiration so I can improve my SS/1LE like brakes, aero, cooling. They did a ton of research that i simply can't duplicate.

I do make sure that I avoid looking too much like one though.

I got ZL1 skirts and possibly will get the rear diffuser because IMHO they are the best looking ones available.

The hood and spoiler I made sure I got ideas of important features but they don't look like either of those cars.

CTS-V/ZL1 brakes are a no brainer. It's hard to beat them for the price.

Both of those cars have a belly pan mine will too but I'll make my own.

Wheel flares are going to be out of necessity since I want to run 305's but at least 295's.

I'm a "HotRodder" maybe even a "Racer" definitely NOT a poser.

If I had a Z/28 or ZL1 I would probably be salty too if some dude had a V6 clone though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #115
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAHL View Post
Moldings, scoops, escutcheons, emblems, flares, grills, covers, shields, fascias....Which of those performance parts will help anyone's car perform better? That's where the posers come in....trying to make their car look like something it's not. Performance upgrades...ok, I can see that. BTW don't chop up that bel air!!!! haha.
I want fender flares and recaros. Does that make me a poser? Why should I not be allowed to buy them. My car no way looks like a z28 nor would I want it to. I really like the 2010 look. Does it help performance it can be argued both ways... but either way I believe it makes my car look very unique.

As i posted above GM has a z28.R version and I can not see them limiting those parts and it has the same fender flares and body parts as the regular z28. So you could possibility build a z28 look alike from that. Now if GM does limit all parts I will laugh in the end because in 10 years if you have an accident in your z28 those part will be near impossible to find and those people arrogance to have an elite car will come back to haunt them
Old 04-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #116
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
I think its crap, they should protect all the special edition cars if they are going to do one of them.

Just another decision that proves GM doesn't know how to make money on sales other than cars. There is a HUGE market they could actually turn a better profit on by selling parts.

Honestly people that are buying a car and thinking its going to be worth something in the future are dreaming.

Buy a car to drive it and enjoy it LOL. If your Z/28 is ever worth a million dollars you won't be alive to enjoy the money.

The only modern day cars that make money are the ones that the elite buy who must have the 1st few of a model. The rest just aren't going to amount to much in our lifetime.

GM should sell the Z/28 parts to anyone who wants them and prepare for the next recession wave.

People tell me all the time to not drive my Hot Wheels Camaro, and don't cut holes into it, don't change the wheels, blah blah blah. I bought the car to drive and enjoy it. Not to have it sit in a garage so I could go look at it.

Just my 2 cents on decisions GM makes.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:27 PM   #117
GRAHL
workaholic

Quote:
I want fender flares and recaros. Does that make me a poser? Why should I not be allowed to buy them. My car no way looks like a z28 nor would I want it to. I really like the 2010 look. Does it help performance it can be argued both ways... but either way I believe it makes my car look very unique.

As i posted above GM has a z28.R version and I can not see them limiting those parts and it has the same fender flares and body parts as the regular z28. So you could possibility build a z28 look alike from that. Now if GM does limit all parts I will laugh in the end because in 10 years if you have an accident in your z28 those part will be near impossible to find and those people arrogance to have an elite car will come back to haunt them
So you would laugh if future z28 owners can't find parts for their cars? Why? What's it to you? You must fall under the category of people who take this personal. Can't help you there dude.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #118
macwest

Quote:
So you would laugh if future z28 owners can't find parts for their cars? Why? What's it to you? You must fall under the category of people who take this personal. Can't help you there dude.
yeah don't need help Just a fact you don't want to share because you want the parts to be elite to the owners only. sounds selfish. If bad karma comes back to haunt selfish people have to laugh.

The more open parts are for any car, the better chance down the road you will be able to find them. Car manufactures do not produce specialty parts for a particular car forever. if you hold them for just what is produced and a elite few wont be many produced thus finding a replacement part later will cost a bunch if you can find it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #119
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
yeah don't need help Just a fact you don't want to share because you want the parts to be elite to the owners only. sounds selfish. If bad karma comes back to haunt selfish people have to laugh.

The more open parts are for any car, the better chance down the road you will be able to find them. Car manufactures do not produce specialty parts for a particular car forever. if you hold them for just what is produced and a elite few wont be many produced thus finding a replacement part later will cost a bunch if you can find it.
I don't own a Z/28 and want the parts to be exclusive. I wished it would happen for the ZL1 also. Too many posers, cloning out there which in my opinion takes away from the car that GM built in the first place.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 PM   #120
macwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I don't own a Z/28 and want the parts to be exclusive. I wished it would happen for the ZL1 also. Too many posers, cloning out there which in my opinion takes away from the car that GM built in the first place.

I am a hot rodder that likes to make my car mine. There is nothing good about exclusive. except the pars will be hard to get in the long run. In buying a car I am looking at now and future and the harder it is now to buy parts the harder it will be in the future for me to find them when my warranty expires. I also don't see how a clone takes away from an original. Originally I was planning on buying a z28 but the more this elitist crud keeps up the less I want a GM car in general.

Who knows to watch the purest freak maybe I will by a z28 rip the parts off it I want. buy replacements and then resale the z28 and yeah put the z28 badge on the car..

But to your comment In the end we will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't understand limiting parts.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #121
GRAHL
workaholic

Quote:

So???? How does that affect you? Ah hell, guess people gotta complain about something. You should be happy for the z owners, not wishing bad karma on them for what you perceive to be selfishness.

Holy cow, Moving On! Good call GM.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:38 AM   #122
macwest

Quote:
So???? How does that affect you? Ah hell, guess people gotta complain about something. You should be happy for the z owners, not wishing bad karma on them for what you perceive to be selfishness.

Holy cow, Moving On! Good call GM.

never wished bad karma on anyone just stipulated on selfishness. if you look at the definition of selfishness,

"concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself : seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others" ,

then by not wanting the many to have parts and hold them only to a few you are in fact meeting the definition

anyways enough said. Hopefully for all the parts restriction is like the first run of ZL1 were gm just needed enough part to make their run and after wards all parts became available.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:19 AM   #123
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
It's funny how a lot of people on here complaining about something that don't directly affect them. I bought my 1LE to race period. I started off autoxing. Was at the track with temp tags on it. First thing I said was' "before I go to the road course I need better brakes." The Z28 has better brakes so I want those since I know they fit my car. I also notice rear end lift when driving fast, so I said,"I need the Z28 trunk spoiler setup." The fact the GM produce parts to make my car how I want it without going aftermarket made me happy to own a Camaro. Now this restriction crap and some of you'll are happy confuses me. I only buy aftermarket parts when the manufacture doesn't produce what I want. I'm not going to keep dragging this out but my point is some of us actually race our cars and need those parts off the Z28/Zl1 etc. If GM doesn't open there parts bin up to me so I can build what I want/need, I'm jumping ship.
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #124
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Speaking as a soon-to-be Z/28 owner, I could see some level of parts restriction at first -- so that owners of the Z/28 can get their parts needs met. However, I really think there should be open availability on these parts at some point. I could care less if someone wants to build out something that looks exactly like a Z/28. All I have to do is look at the VIN to tell if it's real or not.

This is a little bit like my philosophy about badging. On all my previous cars, the first thing I did was remove all the factory badges. I figure that other car junkies still know exactly what it is, and the rest don't much matter. I prefer stealth, although it will be tough to be stealthy with the Z/28 -- at least mine's not red...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #125
macwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Speaking as a soon-to-be Z/28 owner, I could see some level of parts restriction at first -- so that owners of the Z/28 can get their parts needs met. However, I really think there should be open availability on these parts at some point. I could care less if someone wants to build out something that looks exactly like a Z/28. All I have to do is look at the VIN to tell if it's real or not.
Thank you. I can agree on your point ZL1 was this way so GM could produce enough for sale. After they met their mark parts opened up.

Last edited by macwest; 04-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 AM   #126
kingbambino22

Drives: 2023Porsche Cayenne S
What parts do you owners needs for your Z28 that doesn't come on the car? If your plans are to race then I can see why you want first shot at body parts. Anything outside of body parts are wear and tear parts so GM should produce enough for you/us. Just saying the likely odds of you destroying a caliper isn't that high. I do understand but let's be serious.
kingbambino22 is offline   Reply With Quote